Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 08-15-2003, 08:48 AM   #1
raven
Perculiar Clownfish

Via Epia revisited

Finally got my Via Epia M10000 yesterday ( some things went wrong earlier ) it's not as quiet as I hoped but it is running the Marine Aquarium and it does look smooth enough: I get over 50 fps with 7 fish at 1024 x 768.

Compared to my good old Athlon it's quite slow but at least I can endure the noise this machine is making ( and I will try to bring it down further ) and my wife was getting cranky cause I've been stealing her laptop the last few weeks

So if anyone was thinking about buying one of these miniature motherboards but wondering if it would run Marine Aquarium: it does.
Remi
raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 04:17 AM   #2
raven
Perculiar Clownfish

Okay, just one more time...

I now use an external powersupply ( like the ones used with laptop-computers ) and got the most silent harddrive I could find and now when I turn on the computer I hear: nothing at all.

It is absolutely quiet, first time I thought it wasn't running but when I turned on the screen Windows was booting allright. My computer is now as serene as my favourite screensaver.

I'm happy

( my wife's laptop is actually noisier, let me see what I can do about that )
Remi
raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive