Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 09-18-2003, 05:53 PM   #41
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thank you very much, Spliff - The Moorish Idol is in.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 04:59 AM   #42
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Way to go Spliff! But I'm curious, why does Spliff's opinion matter so much, Jim? Unless Spliff is a Muslim Cleric or something.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 05:20 AM   #43
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I think it wasn't so much his opinion, as the information he provided, or at least a combination of both.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 06:13 AM   #44
Beatrice
Registered

Why ???? with all the correspondence I have not been able so far to received my Sererene screen Aquarium?
Beatrice
Beatrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 10:29 AM   #45
kona001
New Husband and new Aquarium

Angry yay

The Moorish Idol is in

I wish the rest of the world cared as much about offending us as Jim cared about offending the Muslims by adding a fish he thought they deemed Sacred enough to offend them. The rest of the world constantly calls us Americans a million different names, yet we are worried about offending them in the most minuscule way. Not saying that it is wrong to do so, but I wish it worked both ways sometimes.
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 10:53 AM   #46
Jim Sachs
Developer

Beatrice - Huh?

patscarr - Spliff's opinion matters to me because I had asked for someone to take up the cause of the Islamic point of view and he is the only one who responded.

kona001 - We just have to get used to the fact that no one in any other country will ever have a single kind word for us. Depressing, but a fact of life.
Jim Sachs
Old 09-19-2003, 10:55 AM   #47
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Beatrice
Why ???? with all the correspondence I have not been able so far to received my Sererene screen Aquarium?
With what correspondance?

You e-mailed me once, I replied, and you didn't get back to me.

You've posted on this forum twice without any details about your computer, the Aquarium, or anything. This is like calling up a auto repair shop and saying "My car is broken. How much will it cost to fix?"
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 11:22 AM   #48
raven
Perculiar Clownfish

Re: yay

Originally posted by kona001
The Moorish Idol is in

I wish the rest of the world cared as much about offending us as Jim cared about offending the Muslims by adding a fish he thought they deemed Sacred enough to offend them. The rest of the world constantly calls us Americans a million different names, yet we are worried about offending them in the most minuscule way. Not saying that it is wrong to do so, but I wish it worked both ways sometimes.
If there is no room for political debate on this forum could we please refrain from 'get with the red,white & blue' or 'the rest of the world constantly calls us Americans a million different names, yet we are worried about offending them in the most minuscule way'

I understand people feel hurt and / or frustrated but sayings like these ARE arguments in a political debate.
Remi
raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 02:31 PM   #49
kona001
New Husband and new Aquarium

Cool HuH?

Who says that when people from other countries have hateful thoughts and remarks about America, that it has everything to do with politics. I wasn't referring to other countries calling us names and so forth as referring to anything political. I was making a point as to how caring and thoughtful most American's are when it comes to offending other cultures or religions as Jim was pointing out as being his reason not to include a Moorish Idol into the aquarium. I don't think Jim was referring to politics when he was being kind and thoughtful about hurting or getting upset an entire culture or religion. Jim truly did not want to offend anyone.
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 03:24 PM   #50
Jim Sachs
Developer

Kona - We don't see it as a political issue, but others do. They hold each one of us personally responsible for the actions of our leaders, because they think we voted for them. Even when the majority voted for the other guy. So it's best to just let it go.
Jim Sachs
Old 09-19-2003, 05:56 PM   #51
raven
Perculiar Clownfish

Originally posted by Jim Sachs
Kona - We don't see it as a political issue, but others do. They hold each one of us personally responsible for the actions of our leaders, because they think we voted for them. Even when the majority voted for the other guy. So it's best to just let it go.
Sorry, but if I posted on these forums how americans offend everybody on the planet or how the world should unite against the USA these statements would both be seen as political too.

I agree: Mr Sachs was very respectfull towards muslims and was
'worried about offending them in the most minuscule way' and maybe all americans are but the US foreign politics tell a different story.

And yes: unfortunately you will be held responsible for the actions of your leaders, most people only get to see any americans through the actions of your leaders. ( just like millions of people condemn entire nations because of the actions of a small group of terrorrists )

My question was: if there is no room for political debate can we please stop BOTH sides from speaking their minds ?
Remi
raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 02:22 AM   #52
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, we can.
Jim Sachs
Old 09-21-2003, 05:01 AM   #53
Marian Nichols
~Author~

And they have. This should not have even been brought up again.
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 03:42 PM   #54
GreenHsiF
SereneScreenFanatic

Is there any other fish in the wishlist that are sacred?
GreenHsiF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 05:27 PM   #55
Jim Sachs
Developer

Not that I know of.
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive