Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 08-28-2001, 10:34 AM   #61
83bj60
Registered

A solution to slow frame rates for all

Hello all,

I have read this thread with great interest. What is surprising is that no one has suggested lowering the speed of the fish as a means of getting smooth visuals at low frame rates!

What do you think about this idea? That would solve almost everyone's problem! In fact, at 24FPS, the movement is jerky only when the fish move fast!

Just my $0.02...
83bj60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 11:00 AM   #62
Jim Sachs
Developer

Re: A solution to slow frame rates for all

There is already a limit built in which controls how far the fish can move during each frame. If it has been more than 1/10 of a second since the last frame, the program moves the fish/bubbles/lightplay is if the time had been 1/10 of a second.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 08:53 PM   #63

Re: Poll...

Nope, If your present computer won't run the newer programs that's the signal to upgrade or don't change your software.

My main computer is a 450mhz p3 computer because it runs my software. When software I want will not run on this computer smoothly, then I'll upgrade.
Old 09-10-2001, 04:38 PM   #64

yes continue in that way !!!

Yes, keep improving this fantastic screen saver... the aim is to be realistic... so work in that way...
and thanks for everything...

Is it planified to support 24bits en 32bits compatibility (or switch to 16bits) for that beautiful aquarium ?
because if your run windows in 24 or 32 bits, the saver is doing approx 1 or 2 fps and in 16bits it is running to 40 or 50 for me.... so i think there's a little pb, and i really prefer to be in 24 bits mode ...

thanks !
Old 09-10-2001, 04:40 PM   #65
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: yes continue in that way !!!

24 and 32 bit look identical.

Update your video drivers.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 05:48 PM   #66
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Aquaria DVD

Jim,

The Aquaria DVD is made by DVD International, their site lists some of the features found on the disc and even has a short movie of the various aquariums that you can select from. If you'd like to take a closer look, here's the link:

www.dvdinternational.com/...quaria.htm

By the way, I know it's been a while and it's likely been forgotten since then, but one of the ideas I suggested for your aquarium a while back (Fish Facts w/images) is on this DVD, which is a nice feature to have for those people that know nothing about these fish.

- DL
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 06:30 PM   #67

Give it all She's got Scotty

Give it all She's got Scotty!!!!
Old 10-13-2001, 03:36 AM   #68
Lostboy
SquirrelFish

Polls

Just wondering... how long will this (and the "How do you PRIMARILY use the Aquarium?") polls go on? I think we have a pretty good idea of the results by now.
Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 08:05 PM   #69

backwards

Please don't hold back, always push forward and take advantage of the most current hardware. Realism should be the goal and this goal should not be slowed while we all wait for slow upgraders.
Old 10-20-2001, 07:24 PM   #70
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Re: Polls

0 Lostboy 0,

Generally they run until people get tired of posting. We don't really close polls unless someone gets out of hand, usually they drift toward obscurity once people get the general idea.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 04:45 PM   #71
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: Polls

I'm getting pretty weary of these things myself.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive