Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X
Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
Eddy'sEddy
Ms. Pat

Problem With Brightness

I read about being able to change the brightness/darkness in the screen saver. I tried it. Now after getting the screen saver lighting to go dark with the left arrow, I can not get the screen saver to get lighter back to the original setting with the right arrow. Please help me to get things right again.
Eddy'sEddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
dsanfili
Registered

Originally posted by Eddy'sEddy:
I read about being able to change the brightness/darkness in the screen saver. I tried it. Now after getting the screen saver lighting to go dark with the left arrow, I can not get the screen saver to get lighter back to the original setting with the right arrow. Please help me to get things right again.  
I have no idea why the right arrow wouldn't be making it brighter _UNLESS_ you are in the application rather than the screen-saver. The arrows only work while the screen-saver is running, not while the application is running.

If using the right arrow still doesn't work in the screen-saver, you could delete the preference file, "com.prolific.ScreenSaver.MarineAquarium3" (followed by a whole bunch of numbers). You'll find it in your home folder / Library / Preferences / ByHost /. This will set everything back to it's default values. The only downside is that you'll have to reselect your fish and reset all the preferences.

Good luck - let us know how it goes.
dsanfili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
Eddy'sEddy
Ms. Pat

Thanks I did as you said and I am now back to normal.
Eddy'sEddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:26 PM   #4
mrtew
Registered

WOW I didn't know about the arrows to dim the background lights!!! That's fantastic!!!! Thanks! I love a black background!
mrtew
mrtew is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X