Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-29-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
seanstar
Registered

second monitor offset

Hi

I love this aquarium...really looks excellent.

I have a slight problem with the new version on my dual monitor setup.

originally the screensaver was working perfect until I added all fish, then second screen goes offset.

screenshot

I found a thread were ma3beta.zip was posted as a possible fix for multi monitor problem...I ran that from inside the zip file...it displayed perfectly again?

when the screensaver enables through windows I get the offset problem.

any help would be great.

regards

Sean
seanstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
cjmaddy
Registered

To start with, I would suggest zapping the MA3 copy you have, then download and reinstall a new copy. (Make sure you have your Serial No.)

For years now, when confronted with strange graphic problems, I've often found that reinstalling the video card's graphic drivers, followed by reinstalling DirectX, then re-booting... IN THAT ORDER, more often than not, can provide a solution.

Please have a read through this thread.... https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...eta.zip&page=3
It worked for Mark on that occasion, and it has often worked for me. - It might be worth trying.

I have no problems running MA3 on my dual monitor setup.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #3
Jim Sachs
Developer

Wow, this is a tough one. There are many variables here. Adding fish should have no effect on any of the video attributes, like screen position.
Could you be more specific about where you got the MA3Beta.zip?
The program doesn't seem to be running in full-screen mode in the first pic, as the titlebar at the bottom of the screen is still showing. What happens when you press the "F" key to switch back and forth between Windowed and Fullscreen mode?
What is being displayed in the upper-left corner of the screen? The resolution of the pics is not good enough to make it out.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
seanstar
Registered

Hello

thanks for the responses.

it was weird after adding all fish, I ran the preview and second monitor went offset.

here is the thread that has the beta3zip posted
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=4701

when I click the screensaver inside the zip the second monitor isnt offset...when I click the unzipped version it is? the windows screensaver settings has it display offset no matter what configuration i've tried so far.

I've unistalled and reinstalled the screensaver with no change to the windowed mode it seems to run in, with the taskbar showing on the bottom.

the left hand corner has my afterburner fps meter and gpu temp.

I tried the removing fps limit and its still offset...im sure my directx is correct, but I will reinstall if I have to.

here is a couple more shots maybe with better quality.

offset.

working very nice.

thanks

Sean
Old 03-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
Time Crystal Pilot
Registered

"Windows 8 Consumer Preview - Evaluation copy: Build 82.50" (?)

That's a preview of a yet-to-be-released new version of Microsoft Windows, not a finished operating system. You should be prepared to run into problems like that while evaluating a preview version.
Time Crystal Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #6
seanstar
Registered

Hi

I'm not sure...maybe is because I was running a different resolution on the smaller monitor? when I make
both monitors 1280x1024, with a new combined res of 2688x1024, it works perfectly.

I also tried this with 3 monitors at 5760x1080 and it displays correctly.

screenshot

click photo for full size.

regards

Sean
Old 04-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #7
Jim Sachs
Developer

It's supposed to take different resolutions into account, but that's a tricky business.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #8
seanstar
Registered

Hi

thanks for the reply...and help.

please don't get me wrong, im a huge fan of this screensaver.

I've been thinking if theres anything that can be done to make this look better at 5760x1080.

the zoom cuts off the top and bottom of the tank, and it wont scroll...when I set all three to 1080p it looks perfect scale but also a bit strange being duplicates.

is there anyway to configure one to have a wide screen background for multi monitor desktops.

regards,

Sean
Old 04-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
cjmaddy
Registered

I think the overall height/width ratio of MA3 is approx 1:3.2 (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong).
Therefore, with the full height present, there is only enough width to cover approx 2.5 5x4 monitors. (Allowing a small amount of scrolling).
It will not cover three monitors, and therefore can not scroll when spread across three screens.

It looks and works fine on my two (5x4) two-screen set-up.... And it will scroll, (if I want it to! )
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #10
Time Crystal Pilot
Registered

It would still be possible to enable scrolling, unless the absolute maximum of horizontal expansion (measured in pixels) is reached. The vertical cropping required to avoid distortions would not look very nice though, and the additional program complexity might lead beginning users to a point where they get stuck in configurations they don't like. (That second point might be accounted for by introducing an 'expert mode' and a 'default settings' button.)

What I did when I hit the limit Sean mentioned was to set up my monitors vertically. Unfortunately, the nVidia driver would allow me to rotate only one of the screens, but the resulting image was still very impressive.
Time Crystal Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows