Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 06-01-2005, 11:31 AM   #21
AudenTech
Customer Service

With Windows, any time the keycode either does not take or vanishes after a period of time, one of two things is happening:

1. The user had security (antivirus, spyware, etc) programs active during installation. This results in a corrupted registry entry that will not "hold" the keycode properly. The solution is to reinstall with the SachsRemove utility as outlined here on our FAQ
http://www.serenescreen.com/support/...bmit#faq10_684

2. Some program is altering the registry. Odds are MA is not the only program effected, just the most noticeable. Other symptoms can include option and preference settings that return to default on their own. This can be caused by legitimate programs and spyware alike. Anything that goes into the registry and alters more than its own keys. Feldon lists two good examples above.

Along similar lines, there was a spyware removal program called Adware Filter by PCSafe, that had us pegged for spyware and would remove the entire program. That's been worked out though and their latest version leaves MA alone.
Auden Reiter
Customer Service
www.SereneScreen.com
AudenTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:02 PM   #22
merlin69
Registered

I am having the same problem with Marine Aquarium lasting for exactly one week and gthe the key has to be re-entered. I followed the instructions using the registry fix and re-installed with Norton AV 2006 disabled. Unfortunately this did not help. Is there a way to manually fix this in the registry.
merlin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:59 AM   #23
merlin69
Registered

Originally posted by AudenTech:
With Windows, any time the keycode either does not take or vanishes after a period of time, one of two things is happening:

1. The user had security (antivirus, spyware, etc) programs active during installation. This results in a corrupted registry entry that will not "hold" the keycode properly. The solution is to reinstall with the SachsRemove utility as outlined here on our FAQ
http://www.serenescreen.com/support/...bmit#faq10_684

I followed the instructions using NAV 2005 and it did not fix the problem. I am also using Webrrot Spysweeper but it did not send any alerts. Is there anything else that can be done?
merlin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 12:03 PM   #24
Edgar
Prolific/SereneScreen Developer

1 Highscore

An invalid keycode will also cause this to happen. Make sure that you have a valid keycode for the screensaver that you own. If you want to PM me the keycode and the screensaver it is meant to be for, I can tell you if you have a valid keycode.
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:57 AM   #25
handimannbob
what's up doc ?

hi
i use AVG anti-virus software. have never had any problems installing any thing WHILE it is running....and they update almost every day....has anyone else used this program ?....it is also free
bob
handimannbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #26
DeepSeaFan
Viperfish

I've used to use it. I thought they got rid of the free version, but I might have missed the new one.
DeepSeaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:12 PM   #27
snorkler
Registered

AVG still has a free version with free updates. I have never had a problem installing while AVG is still running, including MA 2.6
snorkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:59 PM   #28
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Same here. And yes it is free.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:33 PM   #29
DeepSeaFan
Viperfish

=-)

Good, I'll have to check it out.
DeepSeaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive