Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 05-23-2005, 11:11 AM   #1
daffyd
Registered

Unhappy Keycode keeps getting removed

Almost every ten days, I get the nag screen to purchase MA. This is really upsetting because I already paid for the keycode. Has anyone else had this problem?

The only thing I can think of that could possibly cause this problem is a possible conflict with Spybot S&D. I haven't kept a log, but it seems that there have been times after running a scan--even when I haven't deleted any files--that the MA nag screen has reappeared.
daffyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 01:05 PM   #2
AudenTech
Customer Service

I personally do not have this problem with Spybot S&D, however there is precedent for spyware removal programs mucking up Marine Aquarium. What is the full list of spyware/antivirus detection and blocking programs you use?

Also, you could just have a corrupted registry entry. To fix, reinstall the program from scratch. Be sure your antivirus programs are deactivated for the duration of the install and keycode entry.
Auden Reiter
Customer Service
www.SereneScreen.com
AudenTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 01:54 PM   #3
daffyd
Registered

I also use Adaware and Spyware Blaster. AV is Norton 2002.

I've removed and reinstalled MA2 with the AV off. We'll see if this fixes things.
Thanks for advice.
daffyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 02:51 PM   #4
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I also use Spybot and Adaware without any problems. Norton has always been my AV solution, and I don't have any problems with that either.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 06:42 PM   #5
AudenTech
Customer Service

Originally posted by daffyd:
I also use Adaware and Spyware Blaster. AV is Norton 2002.

I've removed and reinstalled MA2 with the AV off. We'll see if this fixes things.
Thanks for advice.  
That's the next step. You should probably use the sachsremove.reg utility to clean out your registry of Aquarium data between uninstalling and installing. The utility can be found here:
https://www.feldoncentral.com/Sachs/sachsremove.reg

Let me know how it goes.
Auden Reiter
Customer Service
www.SereneScreen.com
AudenTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 05:29 AM   #6
Yodelking
yodeler

1 Highscore

Originally posted by Jav400:
I also use Spybot and Adaware without any problems. Norton has always been my AV solution, and I don't have any problems with that either.  
My choice of antivirus has been Norton Antivirus in the past. But as years passed it's become more and more bloatware. It takes a lot longer to start the computer, it slows down the computer, it only updates itself about once a week, it's "bloodhound" technology isn't that good.

My new choice is Nod32. (www.nod32.com)
Try it out, and I promise you, you won't be sorry.

I've tested to boot a computer without AV, and with NAV, and NOD32.
Bootuptime 1:15 without AV
2:45 with NAV
1:18 with NOD32

I've had viruses that passed the "bloodhound" used in NAV, while Nod32 catched them all.

Nod32 says they update atleast every third day, but mostly more often, sometimes even several times a day...

I've noticed a great performance increase since I threw away Norton for good, and gave Nod32 a try...

(No, I'm not payed to say this, just sharing my experiences...)
/Peter
Yodelking - För god att kolsyra!
Yodelking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 07:50 AM   #7
feldon34
Forum Administrator

What I noticed about NAV is that it expected me to reboot about a dozen times the first time I installed it and that at least once a month I had to reboot because of their updates. Suiffice it to say I dustbinned it and went to McAfee.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:25 AM   #8
celine
Special Assistant

Nod32 will swallow your ram very much! In my experience don't use any antivirus software ! why? If you know where to go the safe website and where is dangerous!
I used win98 and avant browser,in the normal situation I will close Activx,Scripts,Java applets functions.when I surfing ,any bad virus won't activate any script or code!
I must admit I can't say this way is 100% safe but at least you know what's going on when surfing the websites!
celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:55 AM   #9
Marian Nichols
~Author~

I would be afraid to surf without a firewall as well as anti-virus softwar installed on my computer. Microsoft's new beta anti-spy and adware protector is also a big help. If you are the only one using your machine, then maybe you could surf without these but I doubt it. I have had my shared of problems mainly from spyware more so than virus.
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 09:44 PM   #10
celine
Special Assistant

No!You are right! I am the only one who use this computer(on one machine),but I would told my family how to used properly rather hacked or infested by virus or spyware! I also suggest use ad-aware or SpyBot-Search&Destroy to prevent any malicious .Reg or .Exe!
Old 05-27-2005, 10:32 PM   #11
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I do not run anti-virus. But I am militant about e-mail attachments. And I use Eudora which is virtually virus-proof.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 05-27-2005, 11:54 PM   #12
Yodelking
yodeler

1 Highscore

Originally posted by celine:
Nod32 will swallow your ram very much!  
Yes, around 16MB, while NAV swallows 50MB...
Yodelking - För god att kolsyra!
Yodelking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 01:23 AM   #13
celine
Special Assistant

Yes! Eudora is the best for e-mail program!
Old 05-28-2005, 02:34 AM   #14
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Has anybody tried Thunderbird? Since I'm firmly seated in the Firefox camp, I'm considering switching to the companion e-mail program, but haven't heard from anybody actually using it (which could be a bad sign).

/Tiny Trying Nod32 Next Week
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 05:08 AM   #15
celine
Special Assistant

Thunderbird? It crashs my OS very~~~~often! Traditional Chinese operation system!
Old 05-28-2005, 06:51 AM   #16
drfish
the Doc

FWIW, since I just use my speedymail web based service I have no need for another client, but I install Thunderbird on every system I fix/build for people and have never heard any complaints...
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 07:06 AM   #17
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Right. And your parting words were probably: '...and if there are any problems – just send me an e-mail.' whereupon they launch Thunderbird and get lost in the weird interface...
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 07:08 AM   #18
drfish
the Doc

I did have to explain the interface to tham a little, it's not Outlook... But they all have my phone number and know where I live...

Besides, I wouldn't hook the owner of my company up with it unless I had some faith...
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 07:11 AM   #19
Spock35
Registered

losing registration code

Getting back to the original post, I too have been having the same kind of problems with the registration code. Once a week (sometimes it lasts for about 2 weeks), the registration code just disappears, and I have to enter it again.

What's worse for me is that I bought it on a CD, so that originally I was having to get out the CD And put it back in the computer every single time.

Is there a file where the password is stored somewhere on the computer that I can turn into a read-only file??

Any help would be appreciated...
Spock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:02 AM   #20
feldon34
Forum Administrator

It's stored in the registry.

My first suspicion will always be some kind of registry cleaner or 'GoBack' type software.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive