Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-12-2006, 03:12 PM   #1
bdwilcox
Burnt Out Geek

Different versions of Goldfish Aquarium to Purchase

I was going to upgrade my SereneScreen 1.0 to the newest version on the website but then I saw a different version of the screensaver which comes with Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. (Its background has a stone block instead of all the coral) How does one go about buying the Media Center version of SereneScreen without buying XP Media Center Edition itself?
bdwilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:47 PM   #2
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

You don't. (sorry)
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:48 PM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Moved to the Goldfish forum, since the blue gravel and stone block apply to the Goldfish Aquarium.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:49 AM   #4
bdwilcox
Burnt Out Geek

Couple More Questions Then...

Is the screensaver supplied with XP Media Center Edition 2005 a part of Goldfish Aquarium then?

Is Jim Sachs the creator of Goldfish Aquarium as well?

How is Jim Sachs related to Prolific Publishing?

I'm asking because I'm not sure if I should buy Goldfish Aquarium or wait for SereneScreen 3.

-Brian
bdwilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:55 AM   #5
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Prolific Publishing handles the manufacturing of the cd versions of Jim's work for him. Jim does the creative process and they handle the distribution.

They also have some people there that have created the goldfish version. Jim did not create it.

As to your choice of which to get, thats up too you. Jim's new version 3 will be totally 3D, not just the fish like the current version. I am sure it will be a sight to see.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:00 PM   #6
drfish
the Doc

Originally posted by bdwilcox:
I'm asking because I'm not sure if I should buy Goldfish Aquarium or wait for SereneScreen 3.

-Brian  
Please no one smack me for saying this but... if you need a virtual aquarium to keep you happy until MA3 (you'll want it too), look here.

/runs and hides
I don't watch commercials.
drfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:02 PM   #7
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

smack smack

No seriously, Doc is right. Alan's work is worth mentioning. Its one of the very few that I would recommend, and we have alot of information about it in our other screen savers section. He has done an excellent job on it.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:24 PM   #8
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Is the screensaver supplied with XP Media Center Edition 2005 a part of Goldfish Aquarium then?  
The version of Goldfish Aquarium in XP Media Center Edition is not available anywhere else but in XP Media Center Edition.

Is Jim Sachs the creator of Goldfish Aquarium as well?  
No, Eric Daniels is. Check out his website.

How is Jim Sachs related to Prolific Publishing?  
Prolific Publishing is the publisher of:
SereneScreen Marine Aquarium (developed by Jim Sachs)
LifeGlobe Goldfish Aquarium (developed by Eric Daniels)
LifeGlobe Sharks: Terrors of the Deep
LifeGlobe Flags of the World
and other products

Goldfish and Saltwater fish are completely different. Download a demo of Goldfish and Sharks (and also Freshwater) and see what you think.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows