Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-18-2002, 07:25 PM   #1
STEVEPOON
Registered

Exclamation Light & shodows don't radiate from the bubble column

Jim

I'm testing the wideversion 1.1. I found out the shadows & light don't radiate from the bubble column and it already done in 0.99L version.
STEVEPOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 02:09 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

That's correct. I have to draw the line somewhere on how much work I put into the widescreen version, since it will be thrown out when (and if) I ever get the 3D background done.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 01:01 AM   #3
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

it will be thrown out when (and if) I ever get the 3D background done
Gulp, did I see the word "if" in that statement? No, it can't be, parish the thought! It must be the Red Bull, yeah, that's it. I knew that switching from coffee to Red Bull was a mistake, only now am I beginning to see the negative after effects of that ill fated decision. "It gives you wings", yeaaaaaahhh right. "Makes you see "if" when you least expect it" is more like it.

- DL
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 01:22 AM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

Just kind of depressed that so many things are keeping me from forward progress right now.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-20-2002, 05:56 AM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

You have the choice of telling the SereneScreen tech support that you have got to move on.

I know they are working as hard as they can and you sympathize and you are worried about customer satisfaction, but it's dragging you down.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 10:20 AM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

Don't see how I can do that. If the "Didn't get my Key" messages did not come directly to me, then they would go into the regular Customer-Service stack to be answered in order. If the instant-notification email failed, then this would mean several days before the customer got their Key Code. They are already mad after waiting the 60 minutes requested in the confirmation.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-20-2002, 10:55 AM   #7
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Jim, just foward the ones you get to where you know they should be sent. I know you worry about all this, and that's a good thing. You have always been very concerned about customer service and keeping your customers happy, but keep in mind that there is only one of you, and only so much that you can accomplish in any given time frame. Prolific should be able to get more people to help with the daily grind, and let you devote your time to what you do best, creating.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 11:44 AM   #8
Jim Sachs
Developer

There are now 6 customer-service people at Prolific working on Aquarium-related emails. Hiring more is just not feasible, since a large percentage of the profits are already going toward paying them.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-21-2002, 03:03 PM   #9
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Just kind of depressed that so many things are keeping me from forward progress right now.
I'm real sorry to hear that Jim, but I can assure you that we're all depressed along with you and understand what you must be going through. Look at it this way though, at least you'll have the benefit of hindsight when you start the other projects (butterfly garden, etc.). So hopefully you'll be better prepared for these issues next time when those projects are given life.
There are now 6 customer-service people at Prolific working on Aquarium-related emails. Hiring more is just not feasible
I would have to agree with Michael on this one Jim. It's up to Prolific to follow through with proper customer service. Your hands shouldn't be tied up with this right now. I can respect your desire to make everyone happy of course, but the reality of it is, you cannot make everyone happy no matter how hard you try. If you want to make forward progress, then make it happen, put Prolific on the spot and not yourself.
since a large percentage of the profits are already going toward paying them.
Sounds to me like the pay scale is improperly adjusted then. Don't get me wrong, I can imagine that having to wade through all of those e-mails must be VERY time consuming and frustrating at times, but the larger percentage of the profit almost never goes to customer service (and shouldn't) regardless of what product(s) you are trying to sell. This case should be no exception.

- DL
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive