Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 01-15-2001, 10:01 PM   #61
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: wishlist fish and thought

Koran Angel are really beautiful. I saw some at a local fish shop. I might bring a digital camera and take a picture. I'll add it to the list.

I'd love to add a voting system, but this Forum only allows voting of up to 5 choices.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 10:50 PM   #62

wishlist

Just thought that I would add a couple of more cents worth of choices. Most of the fish mentioned so far have somewhat of the same basic body shape, which for you helps in programming, but results in much the same look except for coloring. If you are looking for something a little different, may I suggest one that I kept in my aquarium for over 12 years, ( with much difficulty I might add ), the Platax Pinnattus or commonly called the Long Finned Batfish. It is unusual in that it has extremly long fins which flow and undulate as it swims. A picture may be found at saltaquarium.miningco.com...atfish.htm
Old 01-16-2001, 04:26 PM   #63

Re: wishlist - A NEW Random mode option........

Morgan,

I see that there is a toggle to "'Fish can't leave the screen' toggle" in the wish list? I think the best way would be to let them leave the fish tank but a new random fish come back on in its place, that way tank doesnt stay the same in random mode, its always changing that way the user gets to see all the fish eventually instead of seeing the same fish whilst in one session.

I would love to see a Moray Eel opening and clocing its jaws in the coral reef too..........not coming out.........just sitting there with a menacing look on its face.....

Ad_Enuff
Old 01-16-2001, 06:00 PM   #64
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: wishlist - A NEW Random mode option........

Having a new random fish to replace a fish that has just left the side of the screen would be a neat feature, but it will require DirectX 8 or may never be possible due to the problems creating and destroying 3D objects has on many video cards. This is why the ability to hit Ctrl-# (1 through 7) was removed in an early version of the Aquarium.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 01-16-2001, 07:20 PM   #65
Lostboy
SquirrelFish

feldon23,

About the voting system, I would love to see this on your site. If you want a voting system to have more then 5 choices, look into www.sitegadgets.com I haven't used their voting booth myself, so I'm not sure how great it is, but it looks good.
Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 08:17 PM   #66

Maybe a red or purple fire fish or a flame hawk fish or watchman goby of some kind and or a red blood shrimp or one of those orange brittle stars. I dont remember i the real scientific names, just the names the fish store had when i bought them. I would like to see more of the smaller reef fish variety. Usually only the very large reef aquariums have larger fish like the angels and butterfly's becuase they mess things up to much or eat the corals and they dont get along together very well most of the time. Dont take me wrong im not compaining just would like to see some smaller reef fish too. Oh put me down for Mandarin fish too
Old 01-16-2001, 08:30 PM   #67

oops i should have checked the list first fire fish already there. Dog face puffers are way cool had one of those for long time. Can i vote for it about 100 times
Old 01-17-2001, 11:11 PM   #68

Framerate limiter

would be nice to be able to set a maximum framerate so that running screensaver won't eat all of my CPU power whenever I leave my computer for a couple of minutes while computing something else (like MP3 or DivX encoding)..
Old 01-18-2001, 06:02 PM   #69
Ascii
Registered

Re: The Sachs Aquarium WISHLIST

One one the things I really love with my Wimamp is a plug in calle White Cap which take the spectrum analyzer of the music being played and distorts it in such beautiful ways.

I was wondering if Jim could maybe somehow have the fish "React" to any MP3 that you might be playing while it's running? Maybe just having them turn to a beat or something.

I feel guilty suggesting anything new, since it implies that I'm not happy with the program, when in reality it is amazing as is.

Ascii the Amazed
Ascii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 06:19 PM   #70
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Well, I don't think you're going to see Jim get excited about dancing fish. We are going for realism here afterall.

But if the Aquarium spawned a Winamp process (which many have requested), then the Aquarium could monitor, using DirectX, the volume level being generated on Wave Out. I'm sure he could trigger his "tap on the glass" code when the volume hits a certain level (and then the code would be deactivated for 1/4 of a second). So the fish could react to the music, if only by swimming away or speeding up out of nervousness.
Old 01-18-2001, 07:31 PM   #71
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The wishlist (check the first page of this topic) has been updated.

For some reason, the Facula Butterfly (featured in some of Jim's artwork) disappeared from the Wishlist. I have re-added it, as well as correctly alphabetizing the Lionfish.

Cheers,
Old 01-18-2001, 08:32 PM   #72
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Hey Morgan,

Looks like you added a fresh water fish to the list (at least I think it's a fresh water fish), the Bumblebee Goby. Am I right or just confusing it with something else?

-DL
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 11:48 PM   #73
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Can anyone confirm? I looked at it and it's in front of a green plant background. This makes me think it's a freshwater fish too.
Old 01-19-2001, 12:02 AM   #74
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

I've confirmed that it's a brackish water fish. Not truly salt, not truly fresh. I would suggest that it be removed because it doesn't really fit the "salt" theme. It's a cute fish, but brackish water is not used in reef tanks. Just some FYI...

- DL
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 02:49 PM   #75

I know a Clown fish is comming but I would love to see it narrowed to a Maroon Clown. I second the Batfish vote. Also, when the AI is up and running a Cleaner Wrasse would be nice. A small fish like this could even be added as an 8'th as it wouldn't effect the eco system on a tank this size.
Old 01-20-2001, 03:44 PM   #76
Jim Sachs
Developer

Pretty good idea. I'll consider it.

--- Jim Sachs
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 04:13 PM   #77
BladeRunner
Registered

Re: wishlist

The Long Finned Batfish that was mentioned by jav400te would be a great addition and other difficult to keep fish, It's a good way to view them without the heartache of trying to keep the real things.

BladeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 08:24 PM   #78
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: wishlist

Wow, people love this fish. This is about the 4th request for it.

I put it on the Wishlist a couple days ago.
Old 01-20-2001, 10:27 PM   #79

I haven't seen any requests for live Sea anemone (sp??). Since I don't own a SW fish aquarium I don't know if it would be realistic but I think it would be nice to see one in there swaying away.

Old 01-20-2001, 10:36 PM   #80
feldon34
Forum Administrator

TheTap,

If you check out the Wishlist on my page, the Clownfish is in a live Sea Anemone. Jim is working as fast as he can. The next version of the Aquarium (next week) will have a Clown Trigger and a Clownfish. Later on, he's going to redo the background, which will include a living sea anemone and then the Clownfish will live symbiotically with it.

I know I can't wait
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows