Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #481
CANDYMAN
Registered

Originally posted by cjmaddy:
I don't think there is a problem here that needs resolving by either Jim or MA3....
I'm running 2560x1024 across two 5x4 monitors, (@1280x1024 each). - The largest window that does not pan is approx 2560x800.
I think the solution, (if there is one), is either with your video card settings, or with Windows 7.
Why would you want to "stretch" MA2.6 across three monitors? - MA2.6 is designed to show the same image on all screens, its image is not intended to cover more than one monitor, in the way that MA3 can.  
Well, 3.0 doesn't work right on my system, I don't think microsoft is going to look into serene screen not working on win7 so that means Jim will have to find out what is wrong. It's not just my computer as the thread linked above shows several other people having very similar issues. My video card settings are stock, I haven't changed anything from what they were when I installed the latest version from nvidia.

As far as why would I want to span 2.6 across my whole desktop, why wouldn't I want to do that? If it can't then that is what I was asking, is it possible?.....so I take from your statement that it's not possible in 2.6?
CANDYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #482
cjmaddy
Registered

Sorry, but I thought I had made my answer clear. - MA2.6 is designed to show the same image on all screens. Multi monitor support was only first introduced with version MA2MD, but this only provides for a clone to be shown on each screen.

If your system, (or your knowledge), will allow you to show MA2.6 across three screens, then either a lot of the top and bottom will be missing, or MA will have to be ridiculously distorted. - Neither of which will be worth having, IMO.

I wasn't aware that MA3 was not working on Windows 7, - perhaps your problem is because your three monitors are not correctly setup to show MA3 across all of them, but realise that MA3 is not wide enough to cover three screens. So you will have black bars at each end, (or a distorted image).
See... https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=5063
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:58 AM   #483
Dale
Banned

I wasn't aware that MA3 was not working on Windows 7,  
MA3 works fine on Windows 7, both 32 and 64 bit.

There may be problems with multiple monitors/videocards/drivers in some configurations.

Complaining about that is legitimate - but can be expected to have about the same effect as complaining that some site's web pages don't work properly with the xyzzy web browser.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #484
feldon34
Forum Administrator

CANDYMAN,

I'm sorry you are having issues with displaying on 3 monitors.

Please be aware that this is the unofficial forums of SereneScreen and Cliff and Dale are not tech support staff.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #485
CANDYMAN
Registered

Sorry, but I thought I had made my answer clear. - MA2.6 is designed to show the same image on all screens. Multi monitor support was only first introduced with version MA2MD, but this only provides for a clone to be shown on each screen.

If your system, (or your knowledge), will allow you to show MA2.6 across three screens, then either a lot of the top and bottom will be missing, or MA will have to be ridiculously distorted. - Neither of which will be worth having, IMO.

I wasn't aware that MA3 was not working on Windows 7, - perhaps your problem is because your three monitors are not correctly setup to show MA3 across all of them, but realise that MA3 is not wide enough to cover three screens. So you will have black bars at each end, (or a distorted image).
See... https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=5063  
MA3 won't display on even a single monitor correctly after the initial start, I have to go into the settings and change it to windowed and then back to full and then it displays correctly on a single screen or spanned over all three, with the bars on either end. So basically it seems to be having trouble only when it starts.
CANDYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:17 PM   #486
cjmaddy
Registered

I can only repeat... MA3 displays correctly on my TWO monitors. - Three monitors would seem to be, 'a monitor too far'. - Unless you can get the correct driver setup for a three monitor system.

If I remember correctly, Ed has a three monitor setup.... Perhaps he can throw some light on this problem?
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #487
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by feldon33:
CANDYMAN,

I'm sorry you are having issues with displaying on 3 monitors.

Please be aware that this is the unofficial forums of SereneScreen and Cliff and Dale are not tech support staff.  
Quite correct. I should have said that MA3 (beta 10d) works correctly on my several systems, most of which are running Windows 7 32-bit, and two of which are running Windows 7 64-bit. None of them have multiple monitors. Various video cards and driver versions are involved.

And I'm not sure what folks (if any) who participate in this forum are tech support staff. feldon33?
Old 12-05-2009, 05:08 PM   #488
feldon34
Forum Administrator

That would be Jim Sachs and employees of SereneScreen and Prolific.

Sometimes I put on the Tech Support hat too.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 12-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #489
Nicki
Sugar Plum Fairy

And very fetching it is too.

( Loose Dr Who quote from .. who can tell me ? )

Not that I am comparing you to the person referred to in that quote Morgan.

Side note- MA3 works just fine on my new Acer desktop with Windows 7 64 bit and AMD AthlonII quad core.

Further side note- I am quite surprised that the new desktop's graphics (ATI HD3200) are identical in performance to the 9550 card I put in the old desktop. Perfectly adequate for my needs but as soon as the warranty is up I'm getting a proper graphics card.
Run you clever boy. And remember...
Nicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:21 PM   #490
timelord
Time is relative.

And Very Fetching it is too

That is from my confrontation with Borusa when he was wearing the Crown of Rassilon. It emphasizes my will.
The Doctor
timelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:19 AM   #491
Wizwad
Only me...

You can really go off some smart-alec timelords!

Enjoy your current incarnation while you can, Doctor! It looks like it's going to be in big trouble toward the end of next week!

MUAHAHAHA!!!!
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #492
Jim Sachs
Developer

I think we've strayed from the vital info that this READ THIS FIRST thread is supposed to contain.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #493
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
I think we've strayed from the vital info that this READ THIS FIRST thread is supposed to contain.  
1. That "straying" happened about a year ago.

2. This "read this first" thread is now well over 300 posts - the chance of somebody new reading it first, is less than the chance of somebody reading all of the EULA.

3. This "read this first" thread contains over 250 posts of information that is obsolete, outdated, "overcome by events", etc.

4. There seem to be about 4 posts of vital information in this thread.

....Just some observations...
Old 12-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #494
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Jim,

Go ahead and create another thread with all the info, answers, etc. you think every new user should read, and then I'll *LOCK* it. You'll have edit rights to add to it as time goes on.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #495
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Good idea.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #496
spetro
Semper Paratus

Capitol idea!!!!
v
v
v
v
spetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #497
Tarkus
Shark Bytes

Jim,

Go ahead and create another thread with all the info, answers, etc. you think every new user should read, and then I'll *LOCK* it. You'll have edit rights to add to it as time goes on.  
I like it!
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:20 PM   #498
Dale
Banned

Check Page 13 of this thread - and then the following from Page 14. The date is January 11, 2009

Well ultimately this thread would not be used for discussion of bugs, features, releases, etc. But the only way to do that would be to lock it. I guess I can find an add-on for vB so only you can post in this thread, Jim.  
Old 12-16-2009, 07:06 AM   #499
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Jim now has those rights to edit his own posts in this forum, even if the thread is locked.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #500
Dale
Banned

The point was things like this, also from eleven months ago (January 11).

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
I was going to suggest that. There's an awful lot of stuff here that could go into the "Coffee House" section. My intention was for this thread to be reserved as a "must-read" for anyone new to MA3. Maybe Morgan could do a little lipo-suction on the thread.  
It's still a good idea.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows