Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 02-05-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
troyb
Registered

no clock in the tank

sorry but i didn't know where to post this the crystal is there but not the clock i tryed " C and L " no clock. is there another download i have to get befor the clock shows up in the tank Thank you for your help

Last edited by troyb; 02-07-2009 at 10:10 PM.
troyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
cjmaddy
Registered

The clock is currently only in the beta..... https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...4&postcount=37 - It will be in the Installer version, "soon"

Please read the other threads in this Marine Aquarium 3 Beta Test Forum, then you will be up-to-date with what has happened, what is likely to happen, - and when it hopefully will happen!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:59 AM   #3
RayM
Registered

No Clock in beta 9 tank

Hi, I have been downloading the betas for some time now. This is a fantastic piece of software. This morning I bought the upgrade. I love it.
I also downloaded beta 9. There is no clock in my tank. I'm getting roughly 300 fps. My machine is a quad core on a x38 motherboard with 4gb DDR3 ram and a ATI 3870 graphics card. All of the latest drivers are loaded.
RayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

Did you press C?
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
Old Prop
Registered

With some trepidation, since this is my first attempt at Marine Aquarium 3 entomology, may I report that I, too, have no clock? Nothing happens when I press C, either. And, for that matter, pressing L has done nothing for the last three (I believe) betas. Windows XP sp3, "altlogo.png" file present in System 32 and in Serene Screen program folder, registration key for MA3 purchased and used, current (as of today) beta 9a.
Old Prop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
cjmaddy
Registered

By default, the user's settings are now most likely to be kept in... C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Application Data\Marine Aquarium 3
That's where my AltLogo.png and MA3Playlist.lst are. - Note that only the Beta9a will currently show the different clocks and calendar.

ps, Welcome to the forum!
Old 02-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #7
Jim Sachs
Developer

A few things to check:

Clock - Are you positive you are using Beta9a? The statistics text (which should default to ON) should list the version as Beta9a.

Logo - The logo needs to be in the program's "Application Data" directory. The location of this varies, but on my computer it's C:/Documents and Settings/HP_Administrator/Application Data/Marine Aquarium 3 . This will be a lot easier when I get an interface in place.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-09-2009, 05:00 PM   #8
rps
Registered

Don't forget, you also have to change the program settings to "Display Crystal". (If the crystal is not visible, pressing "C" will not have any effect.)

~Ralph
rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #9
Cougfan
Registered

One thing I found out is there are two listings for MA3 in my screensaver list - one for the "Installed" version, and a second that says "beta". To get the clock I have to select "beta".
Cougfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #10
cjmaddy
Registered

Correct. - The clock/calendar is currently only in the beta, not the installer version.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #11
Quick Death
Registered

The latest Clock/Calendar experiments work great, need to update the about/keyboard shortcuts
Quick Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #12
Jim Sachs
Developer

I haven't decided if the final key shortcuts will be the current ones. Still open to suggestions.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-10-2009, 06:19 AM   #13
cjmaddy
Registered

How about "C", for Clock/Calendar? .... And "L" for Logo changes?

..... (Note the clever and cunning use of the first letter of the associated feature's name!)
Old 02-10-2009, 06:49 AM   #14
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

What about the crystal?
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:23 AM   #15
Rick Simon
Registered

3 Highscores

Originally posted by Jav400:
What about the crystal?  
Good point! How about (T)ime, (D)ate, (C)rystal, (L)ogo and (R)otate? The C key is pretty self-evident in that it would simply toggle the entire crystal on and off. The T,D and L keys could perform a dual function. For instance, hit the T key and it turns on the clock and leaves it on the crystal all of the time. Hitting it multiple times would step through the clock styles so that you could select the particular clock style you wish to use. Similarly, the D key could do the same for the calendar and the L key for the logo(s). The R key could then be used to toggle on/off a "rotation" mode where the selected Time, Date and Logo are cycled through (ala v2.6).

A set up like that would let the user display just a clock or calendar or logo on the crystal or let them rotate through all three. It would also let them select the particular style of clock and calendar they wish to view as well as selecting the particular logo.

The only drawback I can see is if you wish to add in an option for displaying multiple logos.
Rick Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:30 AM   #16
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Jav400:
What about the crystal?  
I never felt the Crystal needed to be toggled in real time.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #17
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

That decision I leave to Jim, I'm just bringing to light the conflict with using the "C" key as it could as well be considered for use with the crystal if warranted.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:54 AM   #18
cjmaddy
Registered

I can only pray that at least Jim might see the irony of my last post, and that I was merely stating the b****y obvious!
Old 02-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #19
rctneil
Registered

Question

Originally posted by Rick Simon:
Good point! How about (T)ime, (D)ate, (C)rystal, (L)ogo and (R)otate? The C key is pretty self-evident in that it would simply toggle the entire crystal on and off. The T,D and L keys could perform a dual function. For instance, hit the T key and it turns on the clock and leaves it on the crystal all of the time. Hitting it multiple times would step through the clock styles so that you could select the particular clock style you wish to use. Similarly, the D key could do the same for the calendar and the L key for the logo(s). The R key could then be used to toggle on/off a "rotation" mode where the selected Time, Date and Logo are cycled through (ala v2.6).

A set up like that would let the user display just a clock or calendar or logo on the crystal or let them rotate through all three. It would also let them select the particular style of clock and calendar they wish to view as well as selecting the particular logo.

The only drawback I can see is if you wish to add in an option for displaying multiple logos.  
That seems perfect. I can understand that it would take a lot of time and effort to get implemented but it would give the user a lot of flexibility with the crystal and it's applications.

For multi logo use. Why not just do the same as the "T" key. When you press it multiple times, it just switches from logo to logo to logo just ask the time switches style from style to style to style!
rctneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #20
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, Cliff - I get it

Regarding toggling the crystal with a key, no. The crystal defaults to ON, and displays the SereneScreen Logo. That way, when people see it in stores they know what they are looking at. Switching away from the logo needs to be at least a little effort - bringing up the Settings screen, and clicking a checkbox. Our biggest problem has always been lack of name recognition. Millions of potential customers have no idea that it's a product they can buy and put on their own computer.
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows