Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 07-26-2001, 10:43 AM   #41
FishyBusiness
Registered

1 Highscore

Re: ** 99L FINAL RELEASE rants, raves, and bug reports here

In order for your starfish to get onto the glass, you have to have the foreground lights all the way black. If you are unable to do this, try turning up the background lights then finish turning down the foreground lights.

At this point, turn on wireframe mode and wait until the starfish "jumps" on the glass. Once it does this, you can adjust the lights to however you want. The starfish will only go back to the bottom if the foreground lights are turned down all the way.
Frank
FishyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 11:42 AM   #42
feldon34
Forum Administrator

20% is 20% too high. The foreground must be pitch black right when the starfish is close to the glass.

And turning on Wireframe mode (hitting W) will ruin the illusion that it's crawling up onto the glass.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 09:08 PM   #43
hayc59
VoodØØ Child™

Good Day! its sounds to me and dont get me wrong this is
the most coolest thing i have come across(fish saver) since i met my wife 16 years ago, but its so much work to get the little guy(star fish) to all his tricks!! will this be re-done in the future so we can sit back and enjoy the show??? or will all the new goodies have secrects and little things we have to do to do the things they do?? does that make sense?? Good Night!!:rollin:
:rollin:
ãrê ¥Øu êxpêriêncêÐ
Never Forget

God Bless America

hayc59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 11:04 PM   #44
mknorr
Registered

Thanks, I finally got the little sucker on the glass.
mknorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2001, 12:25 AM   #45
snorkler
Registered

Feldon,
I like the wire frame mode! It's kind of neat to see the starfish "jump"! Wire frame is a real attention getter, then you switch it off and people just go ohh!
I have an older system- PII, 366, ATI Rage with only 4megs, (new system soon) running 800x600. No problems with transparency or anything else. Still the best $20 I ever spent!
Also, I like the "new" Regal Angel MUCH better than the older version, looks more "alive".
snorkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2001, 09:31 AM   #46
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

giddyup,

Jim wants to have several items that are intended to provide some interaction with his screen saver. The Starfish is the first one to be released, there will be others in the future. Jim is considering that since Eels are usually not very fond of bright light, that to entice those to freely come out and swim around some, you would need to have your light settings turned lower than all the way to full. In addition, when we get the option to feed the fish, it will add another level of activity to the SS.

For now, you can leave your light settings on automatic, and the Starfish will eventually get to the front screen in that fashion also, but since things are set to random, the time frame for that to happen could be short or long, there isn't a way to judge it.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2001, 06:41 PM   #47

Rants: Because of you, I may need therapy. I stare at my fish as if they were real. I tap on the glass. I gave them names. Soon, the top of my monitor will have Tetramin sprinkles on it. My wife is worried. What do I do if my Trigger Clown gets sick? They're very expensive to replace.

Bug reports: None

Raves: Too many. It has all been said but I love this thing. This program is the sole <no pun intended> reason I turned ScreenSavers back on.
Old 07-28-2001, 12:44 AM   #48
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Jim is worried that people will get too attached when he adds touchscreen and tapping-on-the-glass support.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 07-30-2001, 05:37 AM   #49

Application Error when running 99L

When running the 99L on my machine at work I get the following Application Error:
'The instruction at "0x0040c923" refereced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read"'.

I've tried using the reg. clearner, turning of sound in 99K before upgrading, and manual change to 16 bit color but nothing helps.
The system is running Win2000 (English), Matrox G400 (driver ver. 5.32.010 WHQL) and no soundcard.
The F,G,H,J,K versions have always run without any troubles at all.

At home 99L runs very well on Win2000 SP2 (Danish), GForce II GTS and SB Live! Value.

Best Regards
JensenJI
Old 07-30-2001, 09:09 AM   #50
Darkfalz
Banned

I'm talking about the Queen Angelfish. Turn on Calcnormals (press N) and watch how the shading on the tail fins are way too glitchy.
Darkfalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 09:29 AM   #51
Jim Sachs
Developer

There may be a problem with running .99L without a sound card. I wil check it out on Wednesday when I get back home from vacation.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 04:10 PM   #52

wINDOWS ME

MY STARFISH DOES THE SAME THING WHEN i TURN OFF ALL THE FISH. I'VE GOT WINDOWS ME WHICH CAME WITH MY DELL.
Old 07-30-2001, 04:41 PM   #53
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: wINDOWS ME

Newfishguy,

This will be fixed in version 1.0 of the Aquarium. Stay tuned!
Old 07-30-2001, 06:04 PM   #54

Illegal operation on startup

When I set Windows to resolution 1152x864x16bpp and try to set the same resolution for the SS, it doesn't allow me to do it - instead it sets 1024x768x16bpp. When Windows are running in different resolution, I can choose that mode with no problems, However, when I do it and then switch Windows back to 1152x864x16 and restart the SS, it ends up with page fault message. From different resolutions and colour depths, the screensaver runs flawlessly. I hope I explained it clear enough :-)
Now my configuration: Celeron/400, 160MB RAM, Savage 4/16MB, Windows 98SE. I don't have the registered version of the SS.
Old 07-30-2001, 07:48 PM   #55
Shinsa
Registered

Re: Illegal operation on startup

I wonder if perhaps the 3D portion of that card can not displat that resolution?
Bob

"When you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Old 07-31-2001, 02:57 AM   #56

features coming ?

Will the "tap-on-the-glass" feature be included in the near future ?

With 3D background, mouth and gill movement and the "tap-on-the-glass" and feeding the fish features ... I would be totally satisified.
Don't expect too much, do I ?

This screen saver RULES !!!
Old 07-31-2001, 05:30 AM   #57

Re: Illegal..

It does, actually it works even in 1600x1200 (just too slow), I didn't experience this problem with older versions, but I didn't test it.

PG
Old 07-31-2001, 08:05 AM   #58
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: Tapping on the glass

Ron,

Don't forget a touchscreen.

All those features are "some time this year"
Old 08-02-2001, 10:22 PM   #59
jjenni
Registered

winxp

I know beta but i hope others have seen this.
i have voodoo5 5500 with official microsoft frive that is now back in for rc2 but when i run fish there is no color on anything it is all white. the fish,background, etc. i do get 75fps but it does not look too good.

anyone have suggestions.
jjenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2001, 11:06 PM   #60
Jim Sachs
Developer

Re: winxp

This was a driver problem. The 3Dfx crew fixed it just before they turned the shop over to nVidia.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive