Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-19-2003, 10:47 AM   #41
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Sad, since I have never made a statement without consulting Jim or Reichart.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 11:14 AM   #42
bslenter
Registered

Embarassed Relax

This is an awesome upgrade! Great Job!!

Just my $0.02... I think there is WAY to much greif in this forum about the cost of the upgrade. Jim and Prolific work VERY hard to make these products, and every version that gets released is a great value for the money, even if there were no future free upgrades. Granted, the rules about who gets a free upgrade and who has to pay are a little unclear right now, but why is this such a big deal? $10 is not a lot of money, it's like buying two burritos for lunch, or paying bridge toll a couple of times.

I'd gladly pay for this and future upgrades, if it helps keep Prolific in business and motivates Jim to keep enhancing this product.

Regards,

A Very Satisfied Customer
bslenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 11:22 AM   #43
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I wonder how many people have noticed that these 5 new fish and all the programming effort between MA1.1 and MA 2.0 are 100% Prolific's work. Jim updated the Queen Angel but the rest was a team at Prolific.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 03-19-2003, 11:23 AM   #44
Jim Sachs
Developer

Reichart's original plan was to give the upgrade to the on-line purchasers for free, and charge the hardcopy purchasers $5. As far as I know, this is still his intention, but there has been a lot of confusion and mis-communication. The logistics behind this plan are rather complex, as there is currently no way of accepting $5 on the secure website, or a way of issuing a Key Code to a CD-owner.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 11:29 AM   #45
Wingnut
Registered

I'm bummed... just bought the download yesterday, found out last night about the upgrade. Now the upgrade page on the main website doesn't work yet, and I'm dying to get the new fish... I know I'm whining but hey, that's what forums are for... Any way to help me out??

Hank

I'd even pay the $10 to get it now...
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 11:49 AM   #46
Jim Sachs
Developer

Relax, Wingnut - The upgrade will be free for you. It will just take a little while for the server to process your email address and issue you a 2.0 Key Code. It's a bit backed up at the moment.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-19-2003, 11:55 AM   #47
Wingnut
Registered

Sorry, the note I read said something about the next couple of weeks... that just seems a little long, if I had waited one more day I'd have it now...

I'll wait quietly...
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 12:04 PM   #48
Gigazoid
Registered

I wasnt emailed at all even though I have been a regestered owner since .99k (pre-SereneScreen) I also have joined the email list at this web-site before version 1.1

David Long (Gigazoid)
davidlong@charter.net
david@gigazoid.com
Gigazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 12:12 PM   #49
Quick Death
Registered

MA2 on my system at limit of 30frames uses 12% cpu!
Quick Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 12:28 PM   #50
Steven J Lowe
Blue Angel

If i was willing to pay full price now. Would i be able to get a keycode immediately?
Steven J Lowe
Steven J Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 12:50 PM   #51
clifdene
Registered

I said WOWWWWWWWW before I got version 2. Now I might run out of space. All we need now is Picker 2. Roll on the day
clifdene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 01:07 PM   #52
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Steven J Lowe
If i was willing to pay full price now. Would i be able to get a keycode immediately?
Considering the main Los Angeles router used by SereneScreen.com just went dark? Unlikely.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:04 PM   #53
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Don't look now but the $5 is back to vagueness. It would be nice if the credit card processor didn't take a buck no matter what your price is.

The whole pricing structure is being discussed at Prolific right now by conference. I will have something final soon.

Basically, the boxed version will cost something to upgrade to MA2 no matter what.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:47 PM   #54
GMarowski
Registered

Totally Amazing!

I was very happy with version 1.1, MAT was nice, (though I wasn't as impressed with the clock and what not. It was cool, but I like the fish better). But now I'm thrilled!!!

I don't know what else to say but THANKS!!!

To all that made v2.0 happen! It was well worth waiting for!

I have to get back to work sometime today (darn). I've been sitting here staring at the screensaver for... I don't know how long!

GMarowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 04:51 PM   #55
Jim Sachs
Developer

The upgrade price from the boxed version to 2.0 has now been set at $5.95. It will take a few days to configure the web site and write an upgrade installer.

Upgrades from the boxed version to 1.1 are still free.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-19-2003, 05:20 PM   #56
dwax
Registered

Is this a free upgrade? Have bought the first version 999 but never recived any email about an update?!? If its a free update where can I get it?
dwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 05:25 PM   #57
Quick Death
Registered

Bug: If I run AIM in the background and get an instant message, MA2 minimizes to the taskbar and the IM comes up. I need to click on MA2 in the taskbar for it to return.

Still also have the 12%CPU thing even with the s/ctrl-s. (s shows the frame rate on/of, still don't know what ctrl-s does)
Quick Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 05:27 PM   #58
diverslung
underwater comix

Wooohaa!
Thanx a lot, guys! I love the Emperor Angelfish and the Blue Ring Angelfish! A really appreciate all the work that was done on that...
www.mykeself.de - myself is mykeself
diverslung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 05:31 PM   #59
Jim Sachs
Developer

QD -

1. That's the way it's supposed to work.
2. What 12% CPU thing?
3. See all the other explananions of ctrl-s (if your machine runs smoothly, just ignore it.)
Jim Sachs
Old 03-19-2003, 05:34 PM   #60
Jim Sachs
Developer

DWAX - Yes, it's a free upgrade to those who purchased online. Download it at serenescreen.com. It needs a new Key Code which are being sent out over the next few days to everyone who signed up for the mailing list.
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive