Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 04-19-2006, 06:36 AM   #1
mclements
Registered

How can I activate the aquarium?

I have the Aquarium 3 in 1 Limited Edition (just got it yesterday). Is there a way to activate the aquarium without resetting the time for the screensaver to turn on? I would love to be able to put the cursor in a corner or something like that to start the aquarium.

Thanks
mclements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:01 AM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Welcome to the forums! There's a paid program called HotCorners. Maybe you can find a free program that does the same thing.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:20 AM   #3
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

If the object is just to start the aquarium in a more convenient way than actually resetting the time you could let the installation program create a shortcut on the desktop (and/or drag that one to the Quick Launch bar). Clicking it will launch the aquarium.

Right-clicking on the shortcut in the Start menu, choose Properties and enter a key-combo might also do the trick (though it will only work on shortcuts in the Start menu - not on the desktop).

/Tiny More Suggestions
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:39 AM   #4
cjmaddy
Registered

PC World Hot Corners ... It seems to work! ... and it's free!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:57 AM   #5
Jim Sachs
Developer

Or just click the icon.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:08 AM   #6
cjmaddy
Registered

I assume he/she means when the desktop, (ie, the icon), is covered up?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:19 AM   #7
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Then what's wrong with quicklaunch or hotkey?
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:36 AM   #8
cjmaddy
Registered

Quicker?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:53 AM   #9
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I find that hard to believe. I would consider "more used to it" or something though.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:07 PM   #10
cjmaddy
Registered

I don't know! - Ask mclements, that's what he/she asked for.
Like the others, I'm just making a suggestion. ... I wish I hadn't!

Originally posted by mclements:
... I would love to be able to put the cursor in a corner or something like that to start the aquarium.

Thanks  
Old 04-19-2006, 03:25 PM   #11
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Of course you did. But your "Quicker?" response warranted a reply which you got from Mike and you shouldn't feel to surprised about that.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:53 PM   #12
cjmaddy
Registered

All I did was do what Morgan had suggested. - I found a free one! - Right?
I posed the query, Quicker? - in response to your question.
Only mclements knows why he/she want's to launch the SS by moving the mouse pointer off the corner!
I don't see the need for all this questioning/disagreeing with someone's attempts to help.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:33 PM   #13
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Me neither. The problem with your reasoning is that two out of your four latest posts in this thread has ended in a question mark making you the one doing the majority of the questioning.

I can drop this now if you want to.

/Tiny Enigma

Old 04-19-2006, 05:57 PM   #14
feldon34
Forum Administrator

This is such a great forum. I'm glad we don't bicker at each other over the most meaningless crap.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:14 PM   #15
FishyBusiness
Registered

1 Highscore

ROFL. Let's all blame evil Jim for getting us together so that we can bicker...lol.
Frank
FishyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:48 PM   #16
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Originally posted by feldon30:
This is such a great forum. I'm glad we don't bicker at each other over the most meaningless crap.  
You got something better to do?

Old 04-19-2006, 10:55 PM   #17
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Originally posted by Tiny Turtle:
You got something better to do?  
Not really. My students are writing their exam right now and I am just standing up here trying to look busy.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive