Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
Snake Eyes
Registered

Resolution Problems with 4 monitors

CPU is Intel Core2 Extreme X9650
OS is Windows 7 64 bit
Video Card: 2x Nvidia Gforce 8800 GTX
Monitors: 4 x Dell 2405FPW

Problem: On the four monitors the 2 video cards drive the app resolution looks more like 1024 x 768 and not the settings I configured which is 1900 x 1200 32bit color. Pressing S shows the setting properly in the upper left info text on each monitor but it is not displayed correctly.

If I set the app to display the same image on each monitor the program displays at the correct resolution. Anyone know do I get the correct resolution spanning the application across the 4 monitors?

Thanks
Snake Eyes
Snake Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:58 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Are all the monitors set to 1900x1200?
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
Jim Sachs
Developer

Assuming all the monitors are set to 1920x1200, I think that what you are seeing is not a resolution change, but just the fact that the MA3 would be forced to zoom in considerably to fill 4 widescreens edge-to-edge. The program will not allow distortion, so you can't stretch the image horizontally without a corresponding vertical stretch.
Jim Sachs
Old 08-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #4
Snake Eyes
Registered

Jim,
You are correct. My 4 monitors are set to 1600x1200 and the application is zooming in on the mage.

If I uncheck one of the monitors in the display settings area the zoom is less noticeable and if I uncheck 2 of the 4 monitors the image displays normally on the reamining two monitors.

So guess what my next question is..... Any hopes for 4 widescreen monitor support at 1600x1200?

Thank You.
Snake Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
Jim Sachs
Developer

There's a finite amount of background to display, so the only way to fill 4 monitors is to zoom in on it. It took several years to create that background, and I felt that I had made it PLENTY wide to fill the two monitors that people had been asking for. This is a never-ending battle - If I were to double it, then someone would want to stretch it across six monitors, or eight.
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows