Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 07-21-2011, 12:08 AM   #1841
Jim Sachs
Developer

I had always intended to put in a crab, and I still might get around to it after the Freshwater Tank. But it would have to be confined to a certain area within the tank, otherwise the number of situations is infinite, and therefore would take an infinite amount of time to program.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:54 AM   #1842
Jean-Pierre Marro
Registered

Everything just made, as for the starfish for example, I understands(includes) very well.
Thank you while waiting for the realization.
Jean-Pierre Marro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:57 AM   #1843
wetmonkey
Registered

I believe a great way to see some explosive growth in this product is to open of fish design and skinning to the community and allow them to submit the project for review. This would kill several birds with one stone. The would need to be a few functions added to the avoidance algorithms and an import function to tank. You can build in some authentication to cover piracy. I understand the tanks is a labor of love though driving sales with community content could be an active way to bring in new people (sales) will increase the product scope. It will then bring in capital to allow for Jim to focus on creature packs, freshwater tank ect. We now live in the area of constant updates and new features via the app craze. This would satisfy several needs at once. Peoples always want content and the ability to customize content. Hell, you could even set up fish to sell and have a revenue split for fish developers and become a digital fish store. A first on the web. (First that I know of)
wetmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #1844
cjmaddy
Registered

Sorry, wetmonkey, - but my guess would be that we will see pigs fly over the moon, before Jim agrees to do anything like that.

Am I right, Jim?
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #1845
Iwantfish2
Registered

I wish there were mini sea turtles we could have in the aquarium. I remember going to the aquarium here in Maryland and seeing the sea turtle in this huge tank. with other fish and I think even a few sharks. MA3 makes me think of those great memories as a kid and teen.

Maybe a sea turtle screen saver could be made? Or even just fresh water turtles. I know they don't look as pretty as the fish, but they still do look nice. A crab would also be nice in the MA3 tank. Dream Aquarium has a cute crab in the tank that runs around. Also I wish the starfish would get back up on the glass.
Iwantfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #1846
snorkler
Registered

I think we can wish for many things. Do not think much else is going to happen with the saltwater tank. Unless you are willing to wait, and I do mean wait, the next thing will be a freshwater tank. Unfortunately and unhappily I believe the ride is over!
snorkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #1847
Patatrac
Registered

Question Marine Aquarium on a TV set

Hi, after having being impressed with the realism of the Aquarium 3 my first thought has been: how about having it running on a large tv screen (say 40' or 50' screen), when the tv is in standby mode possibly installed on a usb stick?
Sorry if the question has been asked before hundreds of times or if it is technically impossible

Thank you
Mike
Patatrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #1848
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Yeah, I know my plasma has a built in "screensaver." When I leave it paused on something for too long, the screen goes black and a logo moves around the screen. If I could replace that with MA3, that'd be awesome!
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #1849
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Patatrac:
Hi, after having being impressed with the realism of the Aquarium 3 my first thought has been: how about having it running on a large tv screen (say 40' or 50' screen), when the tv is in standby mode possibly installed on a usb stick?
Sorry if the question has been asked before hundreds of times or if it is technically impossible

Thank you
Mike  
As soon as they squeeze an entire PC with a DirectX graphics card into a USB stick, you'll see Aquarium 3 on it.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #1850
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

hahahahahahaha good one.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:12 AM   #1851
Patatrac
Registered

Originally posted by feldon34:
As soon as they squeeze an entire PC with a DirectX graphics card into a USB stick, you'll see Aquarium 3 on it.  
Ok. ATM technically impossible . Thanks
Old 12-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #1852
Jim Sachs
Developer

That one may not be possible, but I may soon be going through the wishlist looking for ideas. Big things may be about to happen.
Jim Sachs
Old 12-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #1853
Patatrac
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
That one may not be possible, but I may soon be going through the wishlist looking for ideas. Big things may be about to happen.  
Thanks Jim. I was hopeful. Since the latest tv sets are more and more sophisticated (even with ethernet ports for connectivity), I thought the hardware was there, sort of. I believe it won't be long before we see a "computerized" tv set.

--Mike
Old 12-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #1854
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

You can hook your laptop to the tv and watch the aquarium, but as for generating the program and getting it to run there is no memory stick or flash drive that can do it.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #1855
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Jim,

If that's the case you don't have to look. I would put individual behaviors and schooling at the top of the list. It would make allot of people happy.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #1856
Jim Sachs
Developer

It's at the top of the list.
Jim Sachs
Old 12-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #1857
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

AWESOME
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:47 AM   #1858
Marie Alline
Banned

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
I had always intended to put in a crab, and I still might get around to it after the Freshwater Tank. But it would have to be confined to a certain area within the tank, otherwise the number of situations is infinite, and therefore would take an infinite amount of time to program.  
I have a question for you about more background sounds. I would like to add some music but where do I get more music from? Can I just add an mp3 or wav file?

Thanks,
Marie Alline
Marie Alline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:32 AM   #1859
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Marie Alline:
Can I just add an mp3 or wav file?  
Yes. Click on Music Playlist.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:38 AM   #1860
jleslie
Engineer

You could play it on many TVs, as a lot of them have media players built in. You'd just need a fast enough computer to record a chunk of the screen-saver running into a movie file, which would take a lot of work. Plus someone to say they are okay with you doing that too.
jleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows