Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-29-2009, 10:10 PM   #301
Jim Sachs
Developer

The current version on the SereneScreen site is Beta9m, the same as the version on my Fish-Byte site, except with an installer and no expiration. Anybody can download it from either site. No purchase is necessary, but with a Key Code all 28 fish are unlocked.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:45 AM   #302
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by rcl66:
Thanks - didn't realize that 3.0 was released.  
Marine Aquarium 3 is available for purchase. It has been for sale for over 1 month now.

I think a lot of people forget that when the Aquarium came out in 2000, there were many permutations -- versions .99D, .99E, .99F, .99G, .99H, .99I, .99J, .99K, and .99L -- before we had a "version 1.0". Back then, nobody seemed to care that there wasn't a "1.0" release. Sales were great. Now, for some reason people are waiting for a "final" 3.0. Why?

Purchase Marine Aquarium 3 at SereneScreen.com and then if you feel comfortable, download more recent versions here at the Fan Forum. You don't need to use any Installer or Uninstall anything, just drop the Aquarium file into the correct folder (if you need help finding it, please ask!).

You'll get to see features which aren't in the "Installer" version at SereneScreen. However you may also experience a few bugs which will be resolved quickly. You get to be part of the testing process and see things first.

If you would prefer, you can stick with the Installer version at SereneScreen.com which will see new releases approximately once per month.

To quote someone famous, "Jump on in, the water's fine". And once you buy 3.0, you are good for many future releases of the Aquarium.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:21 AM   #303
MadBob
Guitar Man

Originally posted by feldon33:
Marine Aquarium 3 is available for purchase. It has been for sale for over 1 month now.

To quote someone famous, "Jump on in, the water's fine".  

As long as it wasn't Richard Dreyfuss or Roy Scheider
MadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #304
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by MadBob:
As long as it wasn't Richard Dreyfuss or Roy Scheider  
That's what the other product is for.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:57 PM   #305
flyingfish
Registered

Installer test and music problem

Hi Jim,

I loaded from the installer and worked fine. Bought upgrade code and all went well.

But I've twice loaded Mp3 music files and when it saves the music when leaving the add window a message comes up saying "sonic cineplayer decoder not found". Then it ends in what seem to be a normal way but the program then locks up on the start logo screen and has completely locked up the computer. The only way to run the program again is to delete toe Ma3playlist.lst file and then it starts fine and the music listing window will open again.
flyingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:10 AM   #306
Jim Sachs
Developer

It could be that your sound drivers are not handling MP3 files. Can you play MP3 files from other programs?
Jim Sachs
Old 03-31-2009, 10:50 AM   #307
mfaria11
Registered

Movin up

Hi guys, I usually post a lot here unless there's a problem, which i haven't had even with all the beta's. Just wanted to let Jim know 3.0 is beautiful and
I upgraded today, so bring on the clams, then on with the fish...
No rush though...seriously.
mfaria11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:58 PM   #308
Bectile
Registered

Fish through coral

Hi there, I've been enjoying this forum SO much over the development of MA3... I finally got off my butt and purchased the upgrade today! I've already raved about how gorgeous it is, and how much I love having my own soundtrack, and it works flawlessly... but..

I noticed the fish sometimes swim through the brown coral, and once I saw a blue fish swim through a lionfish tail. The coral happened much more often though. I managed to screen capture the fish in the coral:

Anyway, thanks SO much for not only making a mesmerizing screen saver, but being so open with your fans!

Rebecca
Bectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #309
Jim Sachs
Developer

Don't bother reporting passthroughs until I get the new fish movement in.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #310
dwax
Registered

Any chance of getting Beta 10a uploaded to Serenescreen.com?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By dustywax at 2011-12-13
dwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:35 AM   #311
Jim Sachs
Developer

Edgar is working on it.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #312
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Does that mean the "clam" are done?.. Version 10 came with a "they still need a lot of work"..or something like that. 10a was to make them work on multi monitors.

The clams look good.. and sometimes one has to accept "good" is "good enough" and move on...but, there are still some gaps from shell to mantle at times.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #313
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I don't think anything in the aquarium will ever be considered "done". I would guess that Jim will be tweaking and reworking items until his death bed probably.

I think for now it means that they are mechanically working the way Jim wants and he is satisfied with the looks enough to move on to something else for awhile. Until he comes back that is.................
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #314
Jim Sachs
Developer

Still tweaking them. And everything else.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #315
dwax
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Edgar is working on it.  
Thanks Jim. They should put what version is uploaded on the site.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By dustywax at 2011-12-13
dwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:26 PM   #316
weese237
Registered

I just wanted to say "Thanks Jim for all your hard work!" I'm way overdue in telling you that. The screensaver is spectacular!

Thanks so much!
Louise
weese237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:59 PM   #317
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks, Louise.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-24-2009, 05:37 AM   #318
cjmaddy
Registered

Re: Edgar is working on it.

Jim, I think the current clams are a fantastic achievement, I really like them a lot, they are so much better than the static ones in 9M, - and I can only wonder at all the other 'special effects' that you have planned for the future! - But as Ralph points out, there are still some gaps from shell to mantle. - These gaps become more obvious on a second monitor where the clams pan further over to the right, clearly showing the gravel bed where there should be the inside of the clam.

My point is, do you think it is ready to introduce into the installer version at this stage?

I know that the 'anti-dual-monitor-fans' are going to slate me for this, - but in their present state, the effect does look "odd"!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:05 AM   #319
Jim Sachs
Developer

It all comes down to the number of hours in the day. The clams still need a couple of weeks of clean-up, but sales have greatly diminished while people wait for them to be included in the installer version. My wife has lost her job and the wolf is at the door, so I need to get the clams out into the world and clean them up with the next revision.
Jim Sachs
Old 04-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #320
cjmaddy
Registered

Point taken, Jim. .... I was only trying to ward off possible future complaints/criticisms. - Though the gaps showing the gravel are also present on a single screen, (but to a much lesser degree), they are more obvious only when the second monitor is present!

We who use a second monitor, are simply reporting the effects that can occur beyond the bounds of that singe screen!! ...
..... and you did make it for multi-monitors!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows