Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X
Notices

Old 10-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #101
kenmeier
Registered

It's been almost two weeks now that Nova has had this availbe to purchase but still zero from serenescreen. It seems like they don't give a dam about their mac users and I'm about to give up on them all together and forever.
kenmeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:26 AM   #102
DrNemoJr
Registered

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that SereneScreen updates their site very often; the latest "news" was posted in February!
DrNemoJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #103
indigo222
Registered

New Features etc.

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
The program changes rapidly because people keep asking for features, and I keep putting them in  
Hi Jim-

Well, there's always the option of releasing the LONG awaiting 3.0 and add whatever features are important in 3.1, 3.2, and so on.

We've been waiting for a couple of years for the new Mac version that I hope will run on PPC and Intel Macs.

We hope that version 3.0 for the Mac will be out in time for the holidays (pick your holiday - Thanksgiving or Christmas?)
indigo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #104
Duke
Registered

"We hope that version 3.0 for the Mac will be out in time for the holidays (pick your holiday - Thanksgiving or Christmas?)"

How about Columbus Day...

Last edited by Duke; 10-12-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #105
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Indigo222,
PPC -- yes, if you have a strong video card (My 1GHz 17" PowerBook G4 doesn't get shaders, but it squeaks by otherwise)
Intel Macs -- yes, early low-end machines won't get shaders
Holiday -- I know I'll rejoice when it shows up.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #106
glenng6
Registered

Originally posted by JimO'Connor:
Marine Aquarium 3.0 for Mac doesn't do monitor spanning. That was something we had to prune to get done in time.  
Hey Jim,

I got your email, but get a delivery failure when I reply. I would like to take you up on your offer.

Thanks, Glenn
glenng6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #107
JonathansCorner.com
Registered

Status?

What's the status? Do we have an ETA? -Jonathan
JonathansCorner.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:09 PM   #108
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

They're working on it. I'm not going to make projections, but this is getting cycles. Updating a running e-commerce site without breaking it is a pain.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 10-13-2009, 10:50 PM   #109
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

It is tough to plan when there is such a long and variable dependency chain. I need Jim Sachs to get to a certain point before I can do anything (and I have to be free to do it), then after I'm done the right people at Prolific have to have time to do their thing.

A simple update to handle a compatibility fix isn't a big change to the site, so that can be done pretty quick. A new release involves a lot more steps.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 10-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #110
BuckyBadger
Registered

Originally posted by robrob:
In the meantime, I imagine, many of your old, established, and faithful customers will get disgusted and take the attitude of, "I'll miss it, but I really don't need a stinking aquarium from a company that doesn't really care about their established customer base."

Sad to say, that has certainly become my attitude!

Adios  
No kidding. I'm just tired of hearing how hard everything is going to be and how people have to be available, etc. FYI, everybody works hard and needs to make time to do work!

Just do your work and charge us for an update already. Years have gone by.
BuckyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:14 AM   #111
feldon34
Forum Administrator

It is tough to plan when there is such a long and variable dependency chain. I need Jim Sachs to get to a certain point before I can do anything (and I have to be free to do it), then after I'm done the right people at Prolific have to have time to do their thing.  
Unless Prolific made a last-minute deal with Nova, then Prolific has known that there would need to be a MA3 SKU and MA3 UPGRADE SKU for about a month now. They do not need the final download to set that up. Once the product is in the database and the site is setup to handle orders, they can just plugin whatever DMG file you give them. I think really it could have been setup a while back as many folks would pay a pre-order.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #112
JonathansCorner.com
Registered

They're working on it. I'm not going to make projections, but this is getting cycles. Updating a running e-commerce site without breaking it is a pain.  
Which is to say that your e-commerce site is a real liability and has cost you some offended customers; you are fortunate that people like your product enough to tolerate such difficulties, and in many cases honor your pleas to not buy your product from Nova.

Have you looked at other solutions? Speaking as a web developer who works in e-commerce, your website is offering you quite dubious service if you run it at this cost, and ecommerce solutions need not be so bad.

This isn't costing you so much money as reputation among customers, and that really costs worse.

-Jonathan
JonathansCorner.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #113
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Hi Jonathan,

It is the publisher's job to publish. It is my job to write the Mac code. I work for them.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 10-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #114
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

The main advantage for the customer of buying from SereneScreen is a 50% savings. So my plea is to their advantage, assuming that they value the money more than the time (not always a valid assumption). It is to my advantage, too. No doubt about that.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 10-16-2009, 05:38 AM   #115
Wizwad
Only me...

That's true - as long as there's a product available to make a 50% saving on. If there isn't then your point becomes moot.

Sorry Jim, not having a go at you. It's just that someone somewhere needs a kick in the ass.
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:59 AM   #116
Duke
Registered

Unhappy How much longer?

The delay in adding the Mac 3.0 version to the website is starting to border on the ridiculous....
Old 10-18-2009, 09:13 AM   #117
peace
Registered

Tip for everyone that is frustrated: I have a previous version of MA, but instead of waiting for it to appear on the serene screen website and use the upgrade option I decided to buy from the Nova development site using a 30% off coupon that I found online (NOVAREG30). That way the price is only $3 or so more than the upgrade price and you can get it NOW! Love the screensaver...
peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #118
Duke
Registered

Thumbs Up

Great suggestion. Thanks for passing along the code.

Duke

Last edited by Duke; 10-18-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:04 PM   #119
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Thanks, Peace, for telling us about a good alternative for waiting!
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
Old 10-18-2009, 10:02 PM   #120
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Meanwhile, the dithering continues... Makes me wish I had a Mac so I could play.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X