Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive
Notices

Old 04-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #1
mlvaliant25

Problems upgrading from Marine Aquarium2CD

I bought and installed Marine Aquarium 2 (version 2.06) PC/Mac hybrid CD from WalMart around December 2005. I installed it without problems and Marine Aquarium 2.06 detected the Marine Aquarium 2 CD instantly and the CD was successfully registered as its keycode.

On April 7, 2006, I paid for and downloaded an Marine Aquarium 2.6 upgrade from the Serene Screen website and got an email with the keycode for the Mac OSX version of Marine Aquarium 2.6 upgrade.

According to the instructions my Marine Aquarium 2CD should act as a keycode in addition to the 2.6 keycode to complete the registration. However, after I enter the 2.6 upgrade keycode and text field underneath it requests for a keycode or CD, but my Marine Aquarium2 CD is already in my DVD drive! I tried inserted the CD both before launching Marine Aquarium 2.6 and after launching Marine Aquarium 2.6, but the Marine Aquarium 2.6 Registration window still has a text field requesting for a keycode or cd after I entered the 2.6 upgrade keycode!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I emailed serene Screen's tech support on Friday night, but I still haven't gotten a response yet.

My Specs:
PowerMac G4 Dual 867Mhz
Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB Mac edition
Viewsonic VA2012wb 20" Widescreen LCD
160GB Seagate HD & 80GB OEM IBM HD
Pioneer 111D Superdrive & LG OEM combo drive
1GB Ram
Mac OSX 10.4.6 Tiger
Old 04-09-2006, 01:48 PM   #2
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Well, chances are the people at Prolific's tech support actually "only" work five days per week and are still enjoying their weekend...

/Tiny Rest
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:57 PM   #3
mlvaliant25

Thanks, that's good to know. . . .
. . . so do you think that they'll be able to get back to me on Monday?
Old 04-09-2006, 04:12 PM   #4
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

I'd say there's a fair chance, but please realise that you're hoping for an overnight answer here. Prolific isn't some huge business with a gazillion persons working in customer support. They DO follow up on the enquiris they receive though.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:11 PM   #5
mlvaliant25

I'm justing hoping they reply and solve my problem soon . . .
Monday Night 8:03PM in California right now . . .
. . . and yet no answer. . .
Got my fingers crossed . . .
Old 04-11-2006, 12:49 PM   #6
mlvaliant25

Today's 4/11/06, Tuesday morning 11:41 A.M. and still no reply from the SereneScreen's tech support yet . . .
Old 04-11-2006, 07:35 PM   #7
mlvaliant25

Just got back from class, time is 6:20 PM here in Southern California and still no response from SereneScreen's tech support.

This is absurd!

I paid for the 2.6 upgrade to replace my Marine Aquarium 2.06 version from the PC/Mac hybrid CD I bought and can't get the darn 2.6 upgrade to register.

I bought the 2.6 upgrade and emailed SereneScreen tech support on the same day (last Friday night) and now its Tuesday night and no response from them!

I'm starting to doubt if they'll ever email me back and address my problem, it feels like I've been suckered or cheated of my money and time spent trying to get the 2.6 upgrade to register and work.

I regret ordering the 2.6 upgrade, I should have known better.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:07 PM   #8
AudenTech
Customer Service

mlvaliant25,

We are behind schedule due to the recent workload. Rest assured your e-mail will be answered tonight.

Pax,
Auden Reiter
Customer Service
www.SereneScreen.com
AudenTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #9
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Relax, min vän. Do you really believe you've been ripped off and Prolific has taken your ten bucks and bolted just because you haven't gotten a reply in two days (Monday and Tuesday)? Here where I live there's room for something in between "two days" and "ever", is it really that different in Cali?

/Tiny Send 'em Another (which will help if the first one got lost, but not if they are working through a backlog of emails as they are answered in the order they arrived).

Old 04-14-2006, 12:48 AM   #10
Jim Sachs
Developer

Sounds like a problem for Jim O'Connor.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #11
mlvaliant25

Yeah, Jim O'Connor contacted me through email and through this forum by means of private messages and he solved my problem, he sent me a new build of Marine Aquarium 2.6 which could detect my Marine Aquarium 2 CD and now I got it registered and it's working fine and dandy now! The Serene Screen tech support wasn't much help though and it wasn't getting anywhere. Jim O'Connor on the other hand was very responsive and extremely helpful due to the fact he's the Mac developer for Marine Aquarium and is extremely dedicated.

Thank you, Jim O'Connor.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:42 AM   #12
Jim Sachs
Developer

Serenescreen Tech Support is just as dedicated, but the Mac is a whole different animal. All they can do is turn the problem over to Jim O.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:57 AM   #13
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

I appreciate the kudos. However, SereneScreen tech support did what they were supposed to do, albiet a little less quickly than normal because of the volume of e-mails they have at the moment. They have to filter out usual problems from unusual problems, which takes time and sometimes several interactions with a user. Hopefully I'm able to spot an unusual problem more quickly, but that is expected.

I'm glad you are working now, and the fix for the problem will soon be the standard download. Enjoy your fish and don't hesitate to stop by here and drop us a line.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X > Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive