Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 01-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #221
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by PaulsPics:
The problem arises from the fact that recently I have suffered 3 computer crashes entailing getting new computers and hard drives with resultant loss of data, many programs, and license registrations keys. Ok many of the programs are on CD and can be reloaded time and time again BUT many which were downloaded are now gone.  
With all due respect, and with all kindness intended, with the rotten luck you are having, it is time to seriously investigate a Backup program.

Memory sticks are inexpensive. A 4GB memory stick is $20 and will hold all your downloaded programs, your serial numbers/product keys.

You can burn Marine Aquarium onto a CD and write your serial number on the CD and file it away.

Again I am trying not to be rude, but hard drives are so cheap and Windows comes with a very good backup feature. Norton Ghost takes it another step and makes a complete Ghost of the computer at a "good" state so when it goes crazy, you can just roll back to that date.

Originally posted by PaulsPics:
As such I am reminded of this problem when your Beta MA 3 # 8k was downloaded to day and most of the fish were unavailable, search as much as I could I was almost unable to find my original registration code

Is there any way that you could let us keep the current version as it stands with some sort of permanent login AND OF COURSE SOME SORT OF PAYMENT that you have been contemplating?  
Have you tried submitting an e-mail here? If you have, then I apologize for sending you down that same road. If they have your keycode on file for 2.6 then you'll get an e-mail with the code that you can write down.

I'm sorry to hear that your health and finances are not where you would like them to be. I hope things change for the better.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:15 PM   #222
Jim Sachs
Developer

Paul - At some point (soon) we'll start advertising MA3 on the main SereneScreen website, and the free Beta Test period will end. Though it will still be called Beta, it won't have an expiration date, and the MA2.6 Keys will no longer work -- everyone will need an MA3 Key.

Here's the tentative policy:
Everyone participating in the current Beta testing on this Forum is entitled to a free MA3 Key.
Anyone who paid full price for MA2.6 at the SereneScreen website since last August is entitled to a free MA3 Key.
Anyone with an older MA2.6 Key or a CD version can upgrade to MA3 for $9.95.

There is a "Key Codes" button on the SereneScreen website which will automatically email you your Key if you have forgotton it. It's not foolprrof, and assumes that you purchased from the website and still have the same email address. If that doesn't work, you can always email Customer Service. Josh and Auden have always been very understanding about lost Keys, and if your story is even slightly convincing (and without any "attitude"), you will almost always get a Key,
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:23 PM   #223
Edgar
Prolific/SereneScreen Developer

1 Highscore

You might want to explain what Beta testing means since we are in Beta testing but in normal forum so there won't be any misunderstandings.
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #224
Jim Sachs
Developer

Anyone who has commented at least once in either this public Beta Forum or the private one.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-26-2009, 12:52 PM   #225
feldon34
Forum Administrator

If we are going to publicize on the main website, then we really need to have a "clean break" on this Beta Test forum and move all the old stuff to a separate forum. For instance the Logo/Crystal issues since the folder where this logo has to be saved has changed several times.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #226
Jim Sachs
Developer

I agree. By the way, there will be a major addition to the crystal in the next few days
Jim Sachs
Old 01-26-2009, 01:19 PM   #227
cohiba420
Registered

Big Grin

That's Great Jim! VERY excited that you're being so generous with MA3 for us. Looking forward to the next new update too! :-)

Cheers to Jim & Crew!
cohiba420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:20 PM   #228
jdtoomb
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Anyone who has commented at least once in either this public Beta Forum or the private one.  
Mmmmm. Comment, comment, comment.

I've had no problems with any of the beta releases.
I am such a casual user and, as such, a bad beta tester.
Love the Saver and look forward to all the changes to come.

Thanks too.
jdtoomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #229
Jim Sachs
Developer

OK, jdtoomb - you're in
Jim Sachs
Old 01-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #230
water1
Registered

I presume you won't turn me down if I want to purchase the upgrade and contribute to the project that provides me with much enjoyment.
As a diver and underwater video hobbyist I have a little different appreciation than many for this software. I'm looking forward to the fish improvements.
I enjoy spending time in my theater cave listening to music while the MA3 screen saver is displayed on my 8' screen by a 1080p projector. A bottle of wine also contributes to the enjoyment.
water1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #231
JamesGreystone
Registered

Smile

I have been a proud user of MA since version 2.0 who's box still resides on my bookshelf. I have never posted anything regarding the MA3 beta because it seems I have none of the problems that others seem to have (Knock On Wood), however I have just lost 20 gigs of songs off of my IPOD(Another Story), and possibly because I threw my Vista disk into the snow after having nothing but problems. I am now back to the stability of XP.

Just wanted to say thanks to Jim for designing the best darn screensaver money can buy.

I look forward to the continuing evolution of MA3.

Cheers

James
JamesGreystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #232
cohiba420
Registered

Wink

wow... now THAT is relaxing in style... just missing a good cigar, but with that set up who needs it?!
cohiba420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #233
Jim Sachs
Developer

water1 - Sounds like a great setup. Maybe you could post a shot it.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #234
Wizwad
Only me...

That sounds absolutely marvellous, Jim!

Um, remind me how you're going to afford more peanut butter, again?
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:35 PM   #235
JamesGreystone
Registered

Actually Jim doesn't want Peanut Butter since they are recalling a lot of it due to Salmonella. Perhaps Tofu Jim ?

Um, remind me how you're going to afford more peanut butter, again?
JamesGreystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:33 PM   #236
theOLDone
Registered

Will the clock be back?
theOLDone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #237
Jim Sachs
Developer

Stay tuned...
Jim Sachs
Old 01-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #238
PaulsPics
Registered

Smile Very many Thanks, My post must have pre-empted yours

Paul - At some point (soon) we'll start advertising MA3 on the main SereneScreen website, and the free Beta Test period will end. Though it will still be called Beta, it won't have an expiration date, and the MA2.6 Keys will no longer work -- everyone will need an MA3 Key.

Here's the tentative policy:
Everyone participating in the current Beta testing on this Forum is entitled to a free MA3 Key.
Anyone who paid full price for MA2.6 at the SereneScreen website since last August is entitled to a free MA3 Key.
Anyone with an older MA2.6 Key or a CD version can upgrade to MA3 for $9.95.

you will almost always get a Key,  
Many Many Thanks Jim,
my posting seems to have been a couple days too early. I am wondering just how much you have planned for the end price of this MA3. I do purchase Aircraft for the MS Flight Simulator and the products are priced much higher than $20 I think you are very generous in your above quote and seeing the time you have spent on this program deserve not only all our applause but a larger return $ for time and perserverence in this program.

Sorry for my large mail/posting but MA 3 just looked too good to lose in the end.

I can report that I downloaded the installer, no problem, it all worked fine, the MA3 shows up on the Control Panel screensaver selection automaticly and it has come on several times when I left the computer idle for the time allocated. The program will also run from the desktop icon.

I feel that if you do not want to accept payment from old-timers on your Forum that I will also be purchasing a full program at the FULL price when you have it ready for sale on the front pages of SS and hope to be able to do that from a remote computer, like our local library in due course and will recommend it to all acquaintances I have here down under.
Once sighted who can not be enthralled and it will surely sell itself.

Many thanks for many hours of enjoyment, to sit back and relax after the mundane work on the computers. At this point I am running out of words, which I am sure that the many others listed on your forum, will like to put their hands together and applaud your efforts
Sincerely
from Paul In Sydney, Australia
Paul
PaulsPics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #239
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks, Paul. The price of MA3 will be the same as all the previous versions - $19.95. Upgrading from MA 2.6 will be $9.95.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-27-2009, 10:53 AM   #240
tifosi
Registered

wow Jim, its really a very generous of you. I think you really care about the people who are so keen on your project. I feel that, you should add in a "future purchase" option for those beta-testers and commentors who happen to be students or not drawing a salary. They will probably be happy to do when they draw their first salary which i really hope to get by the end of this year

keep on rocking and im glad to report you have the multimonitor issues sorted out. seriously that makes you the first screensaver developer that has a fantastic multimonitor screensaver (most screensavers only can do dual monitors being unable to maintain more than one miserable framebuffer)

and have a very happy and prosperous New Year (I'm from Singapore, where we are celebrating the Chinese New Year right now. Yes, your screensaver is famous enough to reach a tiny island at the equator )

ps: oh by the way, i think the ma3beta.zip link at fish-bytes.com is down =/
tifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows