Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 09-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #1
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Windows Vista DreamScene Background

Jim,

Any chance of providing Vista Ultimate users with a DreamScene background based on your DVD you made some time ago?

It's a way of having an animated wallpaper without a screensaver/Objectdesktop gizmo running.

TIA
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 3600.0 MHz, 16Gb DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4Gb RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
Ad_Enuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:20 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Sounds hard.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:12 PM   #3
celine
Special Assistant

Try DreamMaker and its tutorial.

It won't be so tough with "Dreammaker" tool,shoud you know how to make animated wallpapers.( a media file actually.)
Kanebo--woman's first choice.
celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
nicksteel
Registered

I would suppose you could screen capture the aquarium and use it. I finally got smooth high resolution captures with the latest Fraps (utilizes dual core).

Used avisynth to adjust size and made dvd for my hdtv with MA and DA. You could use the captured bubble sounds or music.
nicksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
TheMasterBaron
Registered

I've written a Vista application that plays a screen saver as your wallpaper. The catch is that the screen saver needs to render to the preview window instead of showing a static image. Not sure what it would take to change Marine Aquarium to render to the preview window?

Anyway, here is the link to my application's website:
http://home.comcast.net/~van.etten/S...me/default.htm

P.S. Looking around, Aqua Real 2 seems to be the only decent screen saver renders to the preview. Would love to see more added to my list of screen savers that are working.
TheMasterBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:23 PM   #6
celine
Special Assistant

Have you considering add a feature that converse .dream to .meg/.wmv in SSDream?? It will be more convenient for user who didn't like Stardock's product: "DeskScapes" to has animated wallpapers running in Vista. Or,congruously,supports .dream as well.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:33 PM   #7
TheMasterBaron
Registered

I have, however, if you look inside the .dream files you find this:

"This dream file was created for use specifically by Stardock DeskScapes or programs explicitly authorized by Stardock to use DeskScapes dreams. This dream may not be converted, imported, or read by any program without the explicit written consent of Stardock Corporation. The dream itself is owned by the copyright holder (the dream's author) and use of his or her's intellectual property materials is expressly forbidden without the consent of the dream author."

I didn't want the hassle of StarDock coming down on me.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:03 PM   #8
celine
Special Assistant

Lame~I should have known Stardock protects thier intelligent rights extremely. Now that's leave personal use has people try to "convert" that.

Good program anyway. Maybe you can write a advanced or plus version for SSDream which would charge for doing the conversion,and Stardock would allow that once it saw revenue coming.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:28 AM   #9
TheMasterBaron
Registered

I think SSDream competes directly with DeskScapes as StarDock wants to sell animated desktops. SSDream allows it for free using screen savers. I don't think they they would want any compitiion anytime soon.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive