Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 03-02-2007, 03:05 PM   #1
dsalillas
Registered

There may be a problem with prolific

After using the Prolific Publ. website late last night I wake up this morning with over 20 charges on my debit card from random sources. I haven't used this card in about two weeks so I don't think it's a coincidence. Luckily my bank called me when the irregular spending appeared. Just a heads up, be careful.
dsalillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #2
dsalillas
Registered

Calling Jim Sachs

Hey Jim, could you PM me or E-mail at Dsalillas(at)hotmail.com. I have a few question about problems I'm having with the PPC version.

Thanks,

Andrew Salillas
Old 03-02-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Jim Sachs does not handle tech support, especially with the Macintosh product which was developed by a different company.

I assure you will he read these 2 messages however.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:03 PM   #4
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

WOW, That sucks. Sorry to hear about that. And like Morgan said, he will read them.

By the way............... to the forums.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:59 PM   #5
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Originally posted by dsalillas:
I have a few question about problems I'm having with the PPC version.  
What are the problems and questions?
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:00 PM   #6
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

20 charges from random sources? Just how random? Sounds like you have some sort of nasty spyware on your computer that noted the card number when you typed it out for the screensaver and then sent the number to mother. Just my 14 öre (~2 cents).

/Tiny Guess

P.S.
Interesting how the system displays two posts but has the post count at "1"...
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:11 PM   #7
Jim Sachs
Developer

It could be spyware, or maybe a source not related to the internet (restaurants are a notorious source).

Prolific uses a secure Shopping Cart company to process orders. The credit card number is only used once for the purchase -- it is not kept in any database. In the six years Prolific has been handling sales, there has never been a case of a compromised card.

Regarding the PPC version, it's true I've only seen it once. But I have seen messages within Prolific regarding changes that Microsoft has made in the PPC operating system. Apparently, all graphics-oriented programs have to be recompiled and linked to new DLLs in order to work on the latest PPCs. If your question was something along those lines, then I hope this explanation helps.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:41 AM   #8
dsalillas
Registered

Just to clarify, I wasn't accusing Prolific of any wrong doing. I felt it was very odd that those charges appeared after I used thier site. I recieved no keycode or invoice after my purchase. It wasn't until after I contacted support that I had gotten my keycode. The charges started off small the eventually graduated to larger amount, as if someone was testing my account. I ran several scans, Nortons, Adware, Spy-bot, and posted a screenie on HJT, but found nothin out of the ordinary. I haven't used my card in at least two weeks for anything else.

I was unaware that JIm was not the developer of the PPC version of Serenescreen and I apologise. If you guys could direct me to the person I need to ask I would appreciate it. The problem I have is installing the program on my T-mobile MDA running windows moblie 5.0. The setup .EXE says not a valid WIN32.exe application when I clicked on it. The program installs if I open the .cab file but I don't think it installs correctly because in order for me to uninstall it I have to manually remove it. The remove program application doesn't uninstall it completely. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Drew
Old 03-04-2007, 11:16 AM   #9
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Service(at)SereneScreen.com is the correct e-mail address for tech support regarding the PPC version of the Aquarium.

I think they are probably bogged down with the current extremely confusing keycode retrieval system.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:30 PM   #10
Jim Sachs
Developer

Drew - the fact that you didn't immediately receive a Key Code raises some suspicions. The confirmation email usually only takes a few seconds.

When you ordered, how did you navigate to the SereneScreen site?
Jim Sachs
Old 03-06-2007, 11:04 AM   #11
dsalillas
Registered

I downloaded the trial first from SereneScreen then immediately bought the keycode by hitting the buy now button. I was sent to the proilific checkout and filled out my info. After I hit submit I checked my e-mail and recieved nothing( still haven't recieved any type of conformation). I went back to the prolific site to view my invoice and the space where the keycode should have been printed was blank. This is when I thought something was up and I started e-mailing support at proilific and at SereneScreen. It wasn't until the next morning that I got an e-mail from Auden Reiter with the keycode but this was a reply to my support complaint and not an actual conformation e-mail. The card was cancel as soon as the bank informed me of the irregular spending and all monies have been recovered but it was still a pain and time was wasted. I guess all is good for now but I still need to contact tech support with the software issues.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:26 PM   #12
Jim Sachs
Developer

What I'm asking is how you navigated to the site. Some possible answers might be "A friend told me about SereneScreen, so I typed it into my Browser window", or "I did a Google search for Aquarium Screensaver, and SereneScreen was number one, so I clicked on it."

Here's what I'm hoping you will NOT say: "I got an email advertising Marine Aquarium. The email contained a link to the SereneScreen site, so I clicked it."
Jim Sachs
Old 03-06-2007, 09:02 PM   #13
dakarum
Registered

Angry Version 3 and vista support

Jim, will the next version be compatible with vista? If you need any beta testors, I'm here. I have supported serenescreen since the very first beta. GREAT product and can't wait for v3
dakarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:55 PM   #14
Jim Sachs
Developer

Like the current version, 3.0 should work just fine with Vista.
Jim Sachs
Old 03-08-2007, 01:40 PM   #15
dsalillas
Registered

In answer to your question Jim, I googled it since I bought this a few years ago to put on my desktop.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:09 AM   #16
Jim Sachs
Developer

OK, thanks.
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive