Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 06-18-2003, 09:41 PM   #1
sunny
Registered

Embarassed MA2 corals and reef

Hi , will MA2 corals and reefs swaying in future version?
I think this is gonna make the aquarium more realistic feel and looks. Is Jim or Prolific has planning on this?
sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 02:19 AM   #2
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
yup, swaying anemones and open/close clam r planed in 3D background upgrade..stay tuned
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 07:05 AM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

This is something Jim has been planning since before Prolific got involved.

I've seen an early work-in-progress version. So far, Jim has re-created about 30% of the current background but in 3D.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 09:37 AM   #4
handimannbob
what's up doc ?

hi....are we going to be able to turn off or reduce additions so users with weak cards can still enjoy.......like bubbles in ma or plant life in gold fish aq.?
bob
handimannbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 10:07 AM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

handimannbob said:
hi....are we going to be able to turn off or reduce additions so users with weak cards can still enjoy.......like bubbles in ma or plant life in gold fish aq.?
Neither turning off bubbles in MA nor turning off plants in GA significantly affects the framerate.

You will not be able to turn off the 3D background or bring back a 2D background in the 3D background version of the Aquarium. If you choose not to upgrade your computer, then MA2 will continue to function for years to come.

This issue was discussed 2 1/2 years ago.

A Poll taken back then indicated that 97.8% of 681 users think that the Aquarium should not be held back to support old cards (4+ years old).

Considering a $35 video card will likely handle Marine Aquarium 2 with 3D background and anything else that we might see added in the next couple of years, I don't think it is an unreasonable request to keep your computer relatively up-to-date.

By the way, you asked this question 15 months ago. It's been (I'm guessing) 4 years since you did anything about upgrading your computer. Don't you think it's time to spend $35 on it?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 06-19-2003, 12:40 PM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

Wow, Morgan keeps track of everyone's messages for years.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 06:28 PM   #7
dhigbee
The Snorkeler

Wow, this was discussed 2 1/2 years ago! Must be way past time to implement the 3D background. ;-)
dhigbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 08:07 PM   #8
handimannbob
what's up doc ?

wow morgan, you are too much sometimes........for some reason you have something against me......what's the problem......i'm still in the throws of bankruptcy...... only had my puter a little over 2 yrs.......and yes on my card turning off bubbles and taking some plants off in ga does make a difference to how well they run......also who said anything about the 3-d .....i meant added things in new background......if they might be turned off......the ga works fine with it's background with some of the plants turned off......and i use 1kx768 ........if i had to i can go to 800x600 and they work better...but don't look as good
bob
Old 06-19-2003, 09:14 PM   #9
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I am not trying to make anyone's life difficult or redicule anyone.

As time goes forward, it is even more difficult to justify "crippling" the Aquarium to deal with very old equipment.

I guess I just assumed that anyone with internet access and lights on in the house could save up a few bucks to get a new video card. I know that keeping your computer up-to-date just for the Aquarium is not a priority in a bad financial situation though.

I do hope that your situation improves as I can sympathize, having been there myself.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:09 PM   #10
handimannbob
what's up doc ?

another wow, morgan...you call turning off the bubbles in ma2 or reducing plant life [in ga ] "crippling" the aquarium.....come on man i was just talking about turning off "new" additions that eat up fps for those with weak cards......i just assumed, wrongly perhaps, that if the goldfish aquarium worked fine on my machine in 1kx768 that ma2 would work too with the 3-d background
bob
Old 06-27-2003, 03:02 AM   #11
Tornado Tom
Tommy Turtle

Just Swaying In The Waves. get it. he! he! he!

Singing In The Rain song. lol! Give it time and it will come to us.
14 Little Fish Needs A
New Larger Aquarium!
Tornado Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive