Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 07-23-2003, 01:26 PM   #1
feldon34
Forum Administrator

** Goldfish Aquarium version 5034 (July 23rd)!!!**

"Prolific Publishing, Inc. the creator of Goldfish Aquarium, is happy to announce 3 new fish, 'Brando' a great white... (with the same body style as Moby). 'Jack,' with his striking black and orange coloring, and 'Morgan' a seductive black moor."

[New Features]
  • Debris: In the tank views with plants, bits of floating debris are now visible if you select this option in the Settings panel.

• New goldfish 'Brando'

• New goldfish 'Jack'

• New goldfish 'Morgan'

• Preset Tank Themes: There are now SIX preset tanks included in Goldfish Aquarium. Toggle between them by pressing [ for Previous or ] or P for Next:

1. The Tank - This was the default tank in prior versions of GA with all the plants and 5 fish available.

2. Fewer Plants - A new configuration of fewer plants, in different locations, than 'The Tank' with 5 fish available

3. Even Fewer Plants - A new configuration of fewer plants, in different locations, than 'The Tank' with 5 fish available

4. Simple Tank - The default tank in prior versions of GA with no plants and 5 fish available

5. Big Tank - This tank has no visible background or plants and the fish are quite far away. 5 fish are available.

6. The Pond - Done in the style of a Koi/Goldfish pond, you are now able to watch up to 10 fish from above.

• Saveable Tanks - Now your fish settings are separate for each tank! This means that each of the 6 tank themes can have a different selection of fish.

This adds to the features added in version 3950.

At this time, plants are no longer selectable/removable within the various tanks.

I have not yet confirmed if the "fish going off-screen and staying away for minutes at a time" and floating plant issues have been resolved.

More features as we uncover them.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 01:33 PM   #2
Cuddlywolf
Registered

Nice added features.
Cuddlywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 01:37 PM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The floating debris reminds me of Finding Nemo.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 07-23-2003, 02:15 PM   #4
IXNAY
Green Frog

Really nice but Brando looks to much like Moby I think.
Are the names of the fish the names of the species or were the names given to them by the developers? And is Morgan -> Feldon? If yes you should name a fish "Sachs"
For the next version I would be pleased to see an option were you can let the several tankpresets cycle every few minutes. But if you add this feature please make sure to add an option were you can exclude some tankpresets from the cycle. Hope you understand what I mean this feature would be a really cool feature I think.
Do you plan to make more than one basic background? I hope so and don't forget the cheesy items https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ighlight=items oh so much work, I should shut my mouth, christmas is far away
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 02:16 PM   #5
raven
Perculiar Clownfish

I love the new fish, and you placed the plant on the left in front off the rock, hurray !!!

It really looks great, and it seems to be a bit faster too

Just wondering: first you had floating plants, now floating debris ??? Anyone turning bugs into features over there (notice the please )

Going back to enjoying the aquarium now, thanks guys...
raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 02:25 PM   #6
feldon34
Forum Administrator

IXNAY said
Really nice but Brando looks to much like Moby I think.
It's almost the same exact body with a new skin. I think the side fins are a bit bigger on Brando. Honestly, I have no qualms with this.

btw Toys are after 1.0 I think.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:27 PM   #7
AKcrab
Registered

It's not working on my mac.
/hint
AKcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 03:36 PM   #8
ROBinLA
Registered

Where's the new version?

Just tried downloading it from the site and it doesn't have the 3 new fish.

rob
ROBinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 03:42 PM   #9
stephen barackman
Texas Trekkie

I downloaded the new version and all I get is a black screen with bubble sounds, hitting the spacebar brings up the settings panel and I can change all the setting including background and foreground lights witch are set all the way down. I exit, and it is still black/ going back to thw settings panel shows the lights all the way down. I have allways been able to run previous versions up till now. Any ideas?
stephen barackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 03:55 PM   #10
feldon34
Forum Administrator

This link is most certainly build 5043:

http://download.lifeglobe.com/downlo...arium-V0-9.exe

If you get the older one, your internet provider may be caching the old version somehow. I'm not sure what the solution is to that.

Stephen Barackman said:
I downloaded the new version and all I get is a black screen...
Welcome to the forum, Stephen.

The first thing I would suggest is completely uninstalling the Goldfish Aquarium by going to Add/Remove Programs.
Also download and run this Registry script, which will clean out any trace of the Goldfish Aquarium. Make sure you have a copy of your keycode somewhere safe.

Then reinstall it.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:27 PM   #11
nikkicat
Registered

This latest version is very nice...much better than the last. Here are my observations:

1: In tanks 1 thru 4 the fish are no longer swimming off screen, however, there is a tendency to hover at the sides of the screen.
2: In tank 5 the fish still swim off screen.
3: In tank 6 (the pond), many of the fish tend to gravitate to the top of the screen and stay for a while.

The bubbles seem to be more realistic this time around, and the debris adds a nice touch. I also like the new guys, Brando, Jack & Morgan.
nikkicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 04:50 PM   #12
stephen barackman
Texas Trekkie

I fixed my problem by installing directx 9.0b. the version I had was 8.1. After the new version of dx every thing worked fine.
stephen barackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 05:13 PM   #13
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by feldon27
This link is most certainly build 5043:

http://download.lifeglobe.com/downlo...arium-V0-9.exe

HMMMM. My version from this link is 5034
a dyslexic moment?
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 05:16 PM   #14
Pushwall
Fellow Twang

Thumbs Down

Very, very nice update. I love the saveable individual tank settings. And the floating debris reminds me of some of my old aquariums....great feature! The bubble frequency is cool too....maybe needs variation in sound to go with the increase/decrease of bubbles? This version kicks ass compared to the prior one. I'm crossing my fingers that the next version will have an auto-cycle feature between selected tanks!
Pushwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 05:18 PM   #15
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

It's getting better.... But what is the "little" specs floating in the water... Tiny shrimp, fish food?
And... the fish are "still" able to morph through the plants.

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:44 PM   #16
loub516
Registered

I like the larger number of fish in the pond but it still looks like fish floating in space. Needs ripples and a few pond plants.
loub516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 06:27 PM   #17
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Big Grin Trembling fish and swimming behaviour

Occasionally one of the fish will have an epileptic like seizure. The whole fish will just tremble, none of the other fish seem to be affected at this time so its not like my system or video card are the cause....... It only lasts a few seconds and the fish returns to normal. Have only seen this so far on the larger fish.
The other observation is that the larger fish seem locked into layers and are not as free to move forward / back as the smaller fish.
Old 07-24-2003, 12:19 AM   #18
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Ralph
It's getting better.... But what is the "little" specs floating in the water... Tiny shrimp, fish food?
And... the fish are "still" able to morph through the plants.
Debris, as documented above. You can turn it off on the Settings panel.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:07 AM   #19
Liath
Still here in spirit

Yay! Thank you, thank you. The new version is beautiful. The new fish are great, and the floating debris is a really nice touch. Love the new plant setup! I still get 19 fps, but the program runs smoothly. I did have one strange experience when Brando became transparent. I could see the gravel and plants through his body! He looked like a weird ghostly thing. It only happened the first time I ran the program, but I've been keeping an eye on him. The fish still seem drawn to the sides of the tank, but only partially disappear now. Still, it's a little strange to see them all lined up with their noses firmly attached to the sides of the tank. Having said that, this is the best version yet. Having trouble working 'cause I'm spending too much time watching my fish. I look forward to further updates. Any chance for an Oranda? Cheers guys!
Liath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 08:20 AM   #20
Liath
Still here in spirit

I think I saw something like that when I first started up the program. I believe it was Jack who had the "seizure". I've only seen it once though.
Liath is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows