Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 04-17-2003, 05:39 AM   #141
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

[encouragement]
"Feeder-fish" The new Screensaver from Prolific Publishing.

Same poor goldfish and then you'd buy different creatures that would gobble 'em up. Lionfish, Arrowana, you name it. I'd pay at least the same as for Jim's...
[/encouragement]

/Tiny Inserenity
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 07:06 AM   #142
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

DL,

You forgot to mention Tiny in your request.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 12:35 PM   #143
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Oops...

/Tiny Brain Fart
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 03:14 AM   #144
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Most every feature that has been mentioned for MA will be in GA, and the other way as well.

One ting different about GA is that the tanks sides are closed. We are probably going to offer an On/Off for this.

I like the edge, and as the goldfish get more curious over time, they will do some interesting things as they push up against the glass.

This is a work in progress, and the fish CL (Computer Logic) is going to get better constantly.

Feeding the fish will come. We are working on the details this month. But don’t know when it will go in.

Our primary focus is to get to version 1.0, which will feature more fish, and bubbles. Then we want to accelerate the path.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 10:18 AM   #145
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

For anyone wanting to request or submit new fish/creatures for the photo page, there are a few simple things that would help us get your request processed quickly and up on the page. Of course, you are always welcome to continue to post photos and/or information here.

If you wish, you may also email me photos directly. Send them to my standard forum email address Jav400@comcast.net and I will take care of them for you. We will continue to shoot for high standards for photos, so we would request that you follow a few simple guidelines.

1) Submit photos of high quality, showing a single fish/creature as the primary subject, not a group or schooling shot.

2) About any file format or size is ok, as I will need to change and/or adjust those to fit the new page anyway.

3) Include the name of the fish/creature that you're requesting.

4) Please do not submit duplicates of fish/creatures already shown.

5) Please put Goldfish Wishlist in the subject line.

With this information I should be able to handle your requests in a timely fashion. Hopefully, in addition we will get the voting process in place before too long so everyone can see which fish are the most popular.

Thanks,
Jav
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 01:18 PM   #146
Bubbla
Registered

Cool BUBBLE EYES !!!

I really would like to see BUBBLE EYES,CELESTIALS AND POM POM!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp b.eyes.bmp (123.8 KB, 601 views)
Bubbla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 04:02 PM   #147
Marian Nichols
~Author~

I second that as well any color veiltail.
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 08:52 PM   #148
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

1. Q: I really saddens me that Mr. Reichart CTO of Prolific Publishing takes such a dim view of the most beautiful goldfish that was ever bred
a: Mr. Wayne, my first name is Reichart. Pleasure to meet you.
b: I agree they are very pretty. I do not take a dim view of them.
c: What I wrote was "Will not do fish with brains on OUTSIDE of head." which has been interpreted as a negative statement. My statement was free of opinion, although laced with sarcasm.

The reason we will not be doing fish that have their brains on the outside of there head is because it will require too many polygons.

The day may come when this is possible. Pom Poms have the same problem.

However, over time, and with more power, and some more options, anything is possible.
Old 04-26-2003, 06:53 AM   #149
loub516
Registered

Looking forward to that day. For now I find the current GA and it's possibilities very satisfying.
loub516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 03:34 PM   #150
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Normally, I can do without the PETA people but that just seems cruel to breed creatures to look that way. My opinion.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 11:43 PM   #151
klyntun

Question Darwin turning in his grave!

Wow! I said in an earlier post that the GA goldfish didn't seem quite believable. After looking at some of these pictures, I take it all back. It's these poor mutated creatures that don't look believable! I'll take Ginger (the one I thought was the least believable) over these others anytime.
Reichart, thanks for not creating the GAA (Genetically Abused Aquarium). Keep up the good work.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:49 AM   #152
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Thank you. One of the hard parts of our job is waiting for the hysteresis.
One of the things I’m doing today is going through this WHOLE site on GA, and documenting everything everyone has said here, and log it in the Features or Bugs database. Things that are mentioned by more than one person get pushed up in value. Things that get mentioned multiple times by the same person get pushed down in value (just kidding).

What we are already seeing a lot of here is “I hate x”……….”Wait, I love x”

So, I’m patient.

Never-the-less, we continue to improve, and I can tell you now, there is some cool stuff coming.
Old 05-01-2003, 03:49 PM   #153
ROBinLA
Registered

Embarassed

Think I'll have a PETA sandwich. <:0

Oh yeah. Looks like i'm in the minority here, but I always thought Ginger looked most realistic.
ROBinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 07:27 PM   #154
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Hey Wayne, Rob, I look forward to seeing your faces.
Take a few second, and upload an image.

I sort of think of this place as Cheers, and I want to know if I'm talking to a Norm or a Cliff.

Last edited by Reichart; 05-01-2003 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:36 PM   #155
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Hopefully you're not tlakking at all. Might be an occupational hazard.

Wayne, how much would you be willing to pay for your list of 40 (8 x 5) fish?
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 06:14 PM   #156
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Re: Butterfly-Tail Goldfish

Unfortunately, it's impossible for the screensavers to be designed in the point of view from the TOP.
A: Impossible? We are actually considering this, along with seveal other views.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:17 PM   #157
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

[QUOTE I have this strange feeling that the 3rd and as yet unseen goldfish will be calico (fingers crossed). Either way, I just hope it's got the traditional orange color somewhere on it's body.[/quote]

A: Nothing I love more than “intuition” in writing. However, you will be happy to know that our 4th fish is indeed a Calico, named Cali.
Old 05-07-2003, 05:44 AM   #158
Wizwad
Only me...

I downloaded the new beta (N505.0.9.868) last night and was blown away! I really love it. It is SO much a better beta in every way! The plants are excellent (except for the blue bit on the front right plant, which would be better if it were more green) and "Cali" is gorgeous.

Is it me, or has the tail shimmy been slowed down? That also makes it much easier to watch - more relaxing.

From my point of view the only things which still need to be "fixed" are the lighting on the nacreous scales, which should change as the fish moves (see the copperband butterfly fish in the Marine Aquarium) and there's something strange, still, about the mouths. They look good as they open and close, but they don't quite look right.

(I don't really care about the front LEFT plant beeing rootless. Sorry Cliff! )

Now I'll go and join /Happy Turtle and grin with pleasure.
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 10:20 AM   #159
Marian Nichols
~Author~

I too am very please with the newer version. I agree that the swim motion of the caudal fin does seem slower. Still a pleasure to observe. For someone like myself who has waited 10 years for a decent aquarium screeen saver, to finally fine one as spectatular as the Marine Aquarium, and now the Goldfish, my favorite, just is just iceing on the cake!
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 11:59 AM   #160
cjmaddy
Registered

(I don't really care about the front LEFT plant being rootless. Sorry Cliff! )
Mark, Whilst I'm clearing up this point on another thread, may I clarify it here also?

I too will not lose any sleep if the plant in question never has any roots! - I was emailed by Prolific, with a download link for the GA pre-beta, and asked to comment! ..... That is all I am doing, - commenting, - as asked!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows