Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 11-25-2003, 03:06 PM   #1
Garrison
Registered

This is one more dead forum.

As someone interested in the Goldfish aquarium I'm disappointed that I can't get even one simple question answered. I made the post asking if the goldfish swim all around the tank several days ago and not a single answer. Not many posts here either. I would think that someone on the development team would at least check in here on a regular basis to answer questions. It makes me wonder what support on the actual product will be like in the future and if there will be much in the way of future development. I understand that a screen saver fish tank isn't exactly the hottest product on the market but it would be nice to get an answer to a single question.
Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 03:15 PM   #2
klyntun

Yes.
Old 11-25-2003, 04:01 PM   #3
Garrison
Registered

Thank you.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:19 PM   #4
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Perhaps.. "people" thought it a bit of a dumb question. I suspect most of the members have the full version and do not know what the demo looks like. I have never seen it.. Most people here are quite happy with the swimming and actions of the fish. It took some time and several "betas" but the shipping version is not bad. However.. we all are waiting for improvements and tweaks so obviously it is not perfect yet.

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 08:09 PM   #5
Garrison
Registered

Well maybe people should realize than that not everyone has a lot of experience with this program and that maybe it would be nice to answer a curious person's "dumb" question. I looked around the posts here but didn't really see any good answer to my question which is why I posted to start with. Just a polite informative reply is all I wanted just like the one Wizwad left. Also if you look at the information about the program on the official site there isn't a good description of what goes on in the tank. Also the screen shots page only shows one good size picture. I was hoping for a few more screens of the tank in action maybe with different setups and such. For someone that knows nothing about the program those are major selling points. But it's good to see that there are a few people paying attention here even if I did have to post a negative to get a positive. Hey, I tried to do it nicely.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:39 PM   #6
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Garrison,

Sorry for the negative feeling, even though you can't know it, that is very unusual for this forum. We have had alot going on lately with the fires in CA. Jim Sachs lives there and had to leave his house, which leaves everyone waiting for him to get set back up again. We just went through the update process on GA not that long ago, and everyone is now waiting for some updates that are in the works for Sharks. You just happened to hit us at a time when people knew what to expect lately and most people, except for our long time regulars are checking in only sporadically. Stick around and hope your experiences get better, oh, and Welcome to our forum.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 08:48 PM   #7
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by Garrison
Well maybe people should realize than that not everyone has a lot of experience with this program and that maybe it would be nice to answer a curious person's "dumb" question. I looked around the posts here but didn't really see any good answer to my question which is why I posted to start with. Just a polite informative reply is all I wanted just like the one Wizwad left. Also if you look at the information about the program on the official site there isn't a good description of what goes on in the tank. Also the screen shots page only shows one good size picture. I was hoping for a few more screens of the tank in action maybe with different setups and such. For someone that knows nothing about the program those are major selling points. But it's good to see that there are a few people paying attention here even if I did have to post a negative to get a positive. Hey, I tried to do it nicely.
My apologies about the "dumb" question. You are quite right about a lack of suitable pictures posted in this forum. During the "beta" stage lots of pictures were posted and many comments as to fish behavior. Those issues have (for the most part) been resolved.
The only way.. unfortunately.. for you to see what its all about is to buy / install it. As fish screen savers go it's pretty good and Prolific continues to tweak and add components to make it even better.
My preference is still Jim's Serene Screen but many here would differ.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 10:05 PM   #8
Garrison
Registered

No problems guys. From the posts I read here I know this is a nice forum with some good people. How mean can fish people be anyway right? I just found it strange that it was taking so long to get an answer on what to me was a fairly new product. I've had Marine Aquarium for a really long time and I guess I haven't checked the site for a while and when I did and saw the Goldfish tank I was really curious as to what it was really like. The short demo just didn't answer all my questions. I thought the Marine Aquarium demo I originally tried was better in that it didn't time out like this one and go dark so you got to watch the fish for a long time to see what all they would do. It looked great so I bought it. I had a hard time trying to decide whether to spend $20 based on this demo which is kind of lacking. But I think I will now because it sounds good and we have some real gold fish so it would be nice to have. Thanks.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:48 AM   #9
klyntun

You're welcome.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:58 AM   #10
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Klyntyn, it's really difficult to read through your posts when they are so long. How about if you tried being a bit more to the point?

/TT
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 08:21 AM   #11
TennesseeTurtle
Registered

Just jump in

Garrison, cmon in, take your shoes off, stay awhile.
Just jump on in, lay down the $20.00 and you won't look back. It's a great bunch of folks in here, and there is usually always something goin on. Once you get a full version, you can do a lot more and enjoy the tank.
I, too, have noticed the lack of posts in here of recent, but let me assure you, it's temporary only. Reichart is VERY attentive to this forum. It's especially good to see a post from him, but in his absence there are geek-o-plenty posting.
Just do it.
Mousetater
It's not having what you want, but wanting what you got. SC
TennesseeTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 12:06 PM   #12
Garrison
Registered

Already done. I bought it yesterday. It's really nice. My kids especially like it.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows