Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-23-2003, 03:12 PM   #21
Mountainmaster
Liopleurodon

Originally posted by f16pilot
If the drive is NTFS formatted you can still do everthing above, but you first need to convert it to FAT32 via Partition Magic.
Although I do trust Partition Magic in a stable situation, I have to agree with Morgan that this is not the way to go when your system is already screwed up. What you need is the free NTFS Reader for DOS.
At almost 25 m long Liopleurodon was the biggest carnivore that ever existed. It had an enormous 3 metre long mouth which contained teeth twice as long as those of Tyrannosaurus.
  Ronald Zaalberg, Creator of Fish Picker
Mountainmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 04:17 PM   #22
f16pilot
Registered

I stand corrected. I had searched for the NTFS DOS disk and could never find it so I thought it was an urban legend. Much better choice than conversion to FAT32.

With that said, however, I would still utilize the renaming of SYSTEM (as outlined earlier) to attempt a recovery...at least before reinstallation or reformat.

One last side note, I've used Partition Magic from its earliest inception up to version 8, many times without loss of data.
f16pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 07:02 PM   #23
klyntun

Executioner,
Your screen name makes me think you are a gamer. Do you like video games? If so, which ones do you play?
Old 10-24-2003, 12:34 AM   #24
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

JGN,
Arrrgh! – A blatant attempt to re-hijack (re-jack?) the thread!!!

[James Earl Jones' voice]
This will mean your training is still not complete, young Skywalker...
[/James Earl Jones' voice]

/Darth Tiny
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 12:37 AM   #25
klyntun

To be subtle, trying I was...
Old 10-24-2003, 12:46 PM   #26
Jim Sachs
Developer

It won't work. Executioner never re-visits a thread. If he has something to say, he always starts a new thread.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 08:12 PM   #27
Executioner
Registered

Smile Klynton

No,I'm not actually what one might call a gamer. The only games I've indulged in lately are bumper pool and solitaire. Guess I just have a macabre outlook on life.
Executioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 08:18 PM   #28
klyntun

Hey, these computer gurus execute code daily.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:29 PM   #29
Executioner
Registered

Cool Jim

OK..........Let's see if I've got this right. (And I don't mean to sound sarcastic) The Goldfish SS has the same background as your tanks,the same bubble sound,the same shadows playing over the rocks,the same lighting effects and choices,the same keys operating the menue and settings,and I'm sure a few more things that aren't coming to mind right now. And you had NOTHING to do with it ???
Executioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 04:10 AM   #30
Wizwad
Only me...

Are we back to this again?

Jim created the original Marine Aquarium. He also had a major hand in MA2, though Prolific also got in on the action for that. So the fact that Prolific have taken some of what they learned in dealing with the MA and have applied it to the Goldfish Aquarium doesn't sound too far fetched, does it? MA and FA are Jim's babies. The GA has been programmed from the ground up by Prolific, so the fact that they are reusing some code developed by Jim doesn't mean you can hold Jim responsible for the GA fish, their behaviour, the tank size, the plants, etc..
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional

Last edited by Wizwad; 10-25-2003 at 06:19 AM.
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 10:40 AM   #31
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Re: Jim

Originally posted by Executioner
OK..........Let's see if I've got this right. (And I don't mean to sound sarcastic) The Goldfish SS has the same background as your tanks
Wrong.
the same bubble sound
Recorded, I believe, by Prolific. True
the same shadows playing over the rocks
To say these are the same is to say that a Honda and a Chevy are the same because they are both made of steel. Prolific used the same technique to do the lightplay but of course had to create entirely new shapes.
the same lighting effects and choices,the same keys operating the menue and settings
They started with Jim's code and turned it into the Goldfish Aquarium.

And you had NOTHING to do with it ???
"Nothing to do with it" means that Jim did not create any of the artwork or do any of the programming unique to the Goldfish. They started with his Marine Aquarium and rebuilt it to suit their needs.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 10-28-2003 at 12:13 AM.
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 09:53 PM   #32
Jim Sachs
Developer

Morgan is correct except for the sound. I recorded the MA sound. I don't know if Prolific used it or not, but they were welcome to.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows