Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-13-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
rctneil
Registered

BETA 2

Cheers for beta 2 Jim, Just tried it on my machine and it's fine.

Could you explain in more detail which bugs have been fixed so we can sort of test in those areas?

Also, Has this one got another time limit on it?

Thanks

Regards,
Neil
rctneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
loub516
Registered

Nice to see all my fish sets from Beta 1 still intact on Beta 2.
LB
loub516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:06 PM   #3
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by rctneil:
Could you explain in more detail which bugs have been fixed so we can sort of test in those areas?Neil  
I agree with Neil on perhaps some sort up update with the release of a new version.. There is getting to be some 3 pages of "comments" and to wade through all of them.....

I think we are aware of our own bugs / comments but frequently we get drawn into other areas that then gets forgotten and subsequently not re checked with the next version.

More work.. but perhaps a new "beta 2" sticky with the fix in the subject.. Then we can all attack those issues and see if they "really" are fixed.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

If you guys think it's much work wading through the comments for you guys – imagine what Jim's going through with the flood of posts coming through to him. Especially having to answer stuff already answered over and over again.

What's wrong with Jim's The "Preview Window", "Empty tank" and "Random Fish" bugs should be fixed in this version" in post #5 here?
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
Jim Sachs
Developer

TT's right - those were the three bugs that have been (hopefully) fixed.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:33 PM   #6
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by Tiny Turtle:
If you guys think it's much work wading through the comments for you guys – imagine what Jim's going through with the flood of posts coming through to him. Especially having to answer stuff already answered over and over again.

What's wrong with Jim's The "Preview Window", "Empty tank" and "Random Fish" bugs should be fixed in this version" in post #5 here?  
That is true... but the version also fixed some smearing in the right corner of tank and quite likely other items as well... which.. unless the original bug reporter thinks to look again will not be tested
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:44 AM   #7
TheMethod
Registered

In most cases a simple bugfix list / change log is a good idea. In forum land this would equate to a locked post/announcement logging the changes.

I'm sure Jim will have a structured way to keep all this lot managable for his own sanity, right? Right Jim? lol

If not, expect him to be finishing code from the bed of his mental hospital.
TheMethod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:14 AM   #8
kona001
New Husband and new Aquarium

Originally posted by TheMethod:
In most cases a simple bugfix list / change log is a good idea. In forum land this would equate to a locked post/announcement logging the changes.

I'm sure Jim will have a structured way to keep all this lot managable for his own sanity, right? Right Jim? lol

If not, expect him to be finishing code from the bed of his mental hospital.  
A simple thread which catalogs the major fixes for each version of the beta would be suffice and stickied ofcourse. Great job Jim, the aquarium is looking very nice. I have a few people interested in buying it after seeing the beta for the first time on my laptop so expect some new orders.
"We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail"-W2
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:26 AM   #9
feldon34
Forum Administrator

A thread explaining the initial and subsequent releases of the Beta is right here:
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=4385
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows