Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Logo Downloads and Help
Notices

Old 05-27-2004, 09:26 AM   #41
BEParker
Registered

Calendar Anomaly Update

Well, it's not really an anomaly, but an observation.

The calendar IS there, but the "effects" of the waves on the "surface" washing over the crystal make them virtually invisible.

I went back and checked, changing the "start of the week" settings and finally saw the days in the calendar...very faint, but they are there.

Is there a way to "turn off" the "surface effect waves"?

Maybe is a function of my graphics card and the effects being displayed on the screen...

Bruce
BEParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 09:38 AM   #42
feldon34
Forum Administrator

This is how it looks on mine:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg calendar.jpg (48.0 KB, 514 views)
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 09:40 AM   #43
BEParker
Registered

Calendar Display

I also notice that my custom logo displayed on the crystal is not effected by the surface waves, only the time and calendar displays.

v/r

Bruce
Old 05-27-2004, 09:54 AM   #44
BEParker
Registered

Crystal Calendar Display

Here is what it looks like on my computer:
Attached Images
File Type: bmp crystal.bmp (120.7 KB, 108 views)
Old 05-27-2004, 10:39 AM   #45
feldon34
Forum Administrator

How strange. After turning on the Time display, mine looks how yours *should* look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg calendar2.jpg (43.7 KB, 499 views)
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 05-27-2004, 05:26 PM   #46
Edgar
Prolific/SereneScreen Developer

1 Highscore

BEParker,

If you have 3DFx card, it will have that problem. Some 3dfx drivers available work better but I don't know which ones. Finding a good driver for those cards is very difficult. It just doesn't have enough bits for translucency blending.

About not having caustic effect on the logos, it just made it look bad on some logos that it was decided that having no caustic was better.
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 06:38 AM   #47
BEParker
Registered

Crystal Display Issues

Thanks, Edgar, but things took a step BACKWARDS with version MAT2.

Version 1 worked fine with the Intel 810e graphics chipset in my old Dell computer here at work.

Version 2 now has "translucency blending" problems.

I guess I'll go back in my files and re-install version 1.

Thanks for the help, though.

v/r

Bruce
Old 05-28-2004, 11:18 AM   #48
klaatu
Registered

Wow, that BMP image sure helped explain what you were seeing wrong about it! I hadn't thought of the graphics card reason.

On that other thought... I'd be happy to see an update including the caustics effect (dappled light) for the customized images with on/off switch. Which usually makes most sense to set as off by default to remedy the potential problems of peoples logos not looking right before settings are user-modified.

So... when will there be a laser-light show in the crystal? Or electric arcs, or...?
klaatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 11:54 AM   #49
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Re: Crystal Display Issues

Originally posted by BEParker

It is not exactly that we take steps backwards. The problem is that if we do things “correctly” some products that have drivers that were written incorrectly break. Every time we do an update we use the most recent info from Microsoft, then wait for some people to complain, and then write custom code for the cards that are odd.

However, we find that some percentage of cards have been updated with drivers, and thus that “legacy code” is not longer needed.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 04:27 PM   #50
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by klaatu
On that other thought... I'd be happy to see an update including the caustics effect (dappled light) for the customized images with on/off switch.
The professional "Crystal" version of the Aquarium never had caustics.

The early builds of "Marine Aquarium Logo" had caustics which made flat symbol logos like Peace Signs and the Happy Face look godawful. I asked if they could either be reduced or turned off, which is what was done.

Maybe in a future version, the transparency level of the lower right pixel of each logo can drive the % transparency of the caustics effect.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:09 PM   #51
Edgar

1 Highscore

Re: Crystal Display Issues

Originally posted by BEParker

Version 1 worked fine with the Intel 810e graphics chipset in my old Dell computer here at work.

Version 2 now has "translucency blending" problems.

I guess I'll go back in my files and re-install version 1.

Thanks for the help, though.

v/r

Bruce
Bruce,

Try the MAT2 MD version. This may have returned the old way of rendering the calendar. Let me know if it is still not the same as MAT.
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Old 06-18-2004, 09:13 AM   #52
PaulsPics
Registered

Smile Just dropped by for a look

Just a quick hello to one and all from downunder . Sydney.
Everyday my 2 monitors have been running MAT and SS, trouble is I have difficulty making up my mind between MAT or the wide screen SS on my better faster machine. Once again many thanks to Morgan, for this forum, Jim S for his efforts and product and imputs from Patrick, Cliff and other old friends.
I was hoping to find some new creatures for my tank, like banded shrimp or hermit crabs , that would be great but what do I see ? THERE IS MAT v2 ? Can I download and have it work, what is the cost to the forum 'oldies' like us.
Is this the testing version or a final selling product. It will solve my problem of decision when booting up my machines as then I will have the BEST OF BOTH WORLDS " 26 fish- a wide tank- AND THE CLOCK " That is great , I will leave the older SS running on my slower monitor ( running jerkily on Pentium 100- real old machine for e-mails) so will try the download now if you permit or advise me the $ dollar value to forum members.
regards from sunny ( but cold at the moment ) Sydney.
Hey guys , did you catch the Transit of Venus last Tuesday ?
have a look at http://www.nsas.ozau.net Got some nice images
Paul
PaulsPics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 01:46 PM   #53
SunKing
Registered

It's been a while since I've visited here - but wanted to drop by and say THANKS for MAT2.0!! I love the 'import your own logo' feature - too cool! Everything works and looks beautiful on my end - thanks again!!
SunKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:30 PM   #54
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Paul,

If you own MAT, then MAT2 is free. MAT2 is a finished product and available from http://www.serenescreen.com/ right from the front page. In addition to folding all the MA2 features into the MAT product, MAT2 also allows you to put any logo you wish onto the crystal.

You'll also be happy to know that MAT2 dual monitor is coming very soon now. It mirrors the picture on both screens.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:23 PM   #55
Edgar

1 Highscore

MAT2 MD is out. http://download.serenescreen.com/dow...T-V2-MD-US.exe
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Old 06-19-2004, 07:26 AM   #56
PaulsPics
Registered

Embarassed The new MAT vs 2 downloads

Thanks for your reply above Morgan.
I did click on your link when i saw your announcement at the top of a thread. That link took me back to the home products page and it was a biy confusing as to which download I should do, thought I had to pay the $9.95. Anyhow went ahead later and downloaded where it said free DL . File opened fine and installation wizard worked .
Started program and found that I needed the original key code.!
So then put in the CD Rom Disk for SS that I originally purchased from Prolific but that did not work ! So then I started up my old MAT vs1 that has been running since I got it from the Forum ages ago and , horrors, found that it was usurped by the new installation. I was going to go to the help menu to find my keycode. Looked through all my old e-mails to find the key that had been sent to me ages ago but I have hidden it too well, my memory has gone with old age! So at the moment until I remember where I hide things I am running on " test" . Works Ok and looks great ! Many thanks to Jim once again for this so real fisk tank. NOTE I just typed all this above in case others have problem in finding the correct download to do . will advise when I fix my keycode.
Paul
Old 06-19-2004, 07:40 AM   #57
PaulsPics
Registered

Embarassed Link to download

Hi Morgan .
This is where I ended up following your link when I first did it

Gift: Do you already own Marine Aquarium 2.0?
To our loyal customers of Marine Aquarium 2.0, our gift to you is $10 off the price of Marine Aquarium TIME. All registered owners of MA 2.0 may take advantage of this limited time offer. To verify your eligibility, either confirm your registration here or verify it in the purchase process.

Yes now reading it I see I am confused, thought it said MAT vs 1
Sorry.

I then saw the later post by Edgar with a link he has and it takes one straight to the correct download . Many Thanks Edgar.

Just thought this might asssist some others browsing for this great program. Now to try and fix my Keycode. Sure I will remember soon , on tip of my tongue Damn .
Paul
Old 06-19-2004, 05:05 PM   #58
roseangel
Registered

Logo?

I have downloaded and installed the MAT2-MD version. I had MAT2 working with my own logo just fine, but the MD version just keeps showing me the Prolific logo.

I copied the PNG file into the MD directory, the same as I did for MAT2. Is there some step I'm missing (or have forgotton)?
roseangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 05:34 PM   #59
Edgar

1 Highscore

If you installed MAT2 MD to the default directory then you will need to put your logos at "C:\Program Files\SereneScreen\Marine Aquarium Time 2 MD" instead.

I guess the installed directory was changed.
Edgar Tolentino
Prolific Developer

www.prolific.com
www.LifeGlobe.com
Old 06-19-2004, 05:44 PM   #60
roseangel
Registered

I did install MAT2-MD in that directory (C:\Program Files\SereneScreen\Marine Aquarium Time 2 MD), and I did copy the logo into that directory.

I don't know why the program isn't finding it!

Edit: I decided to uninstall both versions, then reinstall the MD version, and it worked just fine this time. Thanks for your help.
roseangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Logo Downloads and Help