Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 10-15-2003, 01:59 PM   #1
Xylem
Registered

SereneScreen at CompUSA

I just happened to be passing through the local CompUSA store, near Ann Arbor in Michigan. This is the place where I originally bought MA some time ago.

I was stunned to see that they had about fifteen flat screen & LCD monitors all displaying Marine Acquarium. What an amazing sight. I was compelled to stand transfixed just staring at them. If that doesn't sell a bunch of MA cd's, then nothing will.

Unfortunately, they displayed no mention of what the screensaver was, but the curious are sure to ask.

Just thought I'd pass this along....
Xylem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 03:28 PM   #2
Wizwad
Only me...

Shame you didn't have a camera handy!
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 05:26 PM   #3
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

London Drugs in Canada and Office Depot (in Edmonton at least) also has the SS on all the monitor displays..... and it is impressive!
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 07:43 PM   #4
Panthera
Hygenius

The CompUSA here also has all their monitors displaying the Marine Aquarium. Actually, I haven't been there in a few months but back then they even had them all displayed that way.
Panthera Tigris Altaica
The largest living cat in the world, the Siberian Tiger possesses both
grace and beauty. Although it spends a lot of time hunting,
its reputation as a vicious killer is undeserved ....
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 09:12 PM   #5
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, CompUSA is very happy with the sales of MA, but overall the hardcopy sales have been a loss for me and I don't plan to have a CD version of the next program.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 01:55 AM   #6
Xylem
Registered

That's unfortunate, but understandable, Jim. I would imagine the screensaver market is relatively small. And probably too many middlemen siphoning off the incentive, eh?

It's too bad, in a way....stumbling upon the CD was how I discovered your fine work.

PS; I am chagrinned to admit now that I got a rebate for the CD. But, if it helps you to know, I took that rebate and went out and bought a six-pack of really good beer.
Asus P5E3 Premium, Q9550, 8G DDR3, Palit Radeon HD 4870, Windows 7
Xylem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 09:44 AM   #7
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The Aquarium should be in the gift shop of every public Aquarium by now, but it's not.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:31 PM   #8
Marian Nichols
~Author~

I can't remember just when I found Jim's Marian Aquarium, but I was searching for "fish" when it came up in my search engine. I downloaded the demo, and of course loved it. I could not believe that they were computer programs and not actually a movie of living fish. I pass the site on to two sister and several friends and my two sisters bought it, of course Dana wanted me to give her my code, I lied and said it would crash her computer. Dana never wants to pay for anything! but at the time Jin could not accept credit cards, so I mail him a check. I remember how he replied. really made me smile, "Hi Marian, Got the check, here is your code." I love the Marine saver, but was still looking for goldfish. I said if they can do salt water fish this good, I know they can do goldfish. Took several more years before I found it here, and that is when I register with the form. This has turned out to be "the best place on the web" for the new friends I have found. Love you all!:heart:
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:37 PM   #9
Wizwad
Only me...

Originally posted by Marian Nichols
I can't remember just when I found Jim's Marian Aquarium,
This has turned out to be "the best place on the web" for the new friends I have found. Love you all!:heart:
You put that beautifully Marian. Same here.

With regards to your first sentence taken exactly as written, and hoping this will be taken as light heartedly as I mean it, I'd love to see a tank full of Marians - big ones, little ones, different coloured ones... Maybe a little Lauren as well, just for variation.
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:53 PM   #10
Marian Nichols
~Author~

OMG I meant Marine
Old 10-22-2003, 04:10 PM   #11
Marian Nichols
~Author~

When I first read what wizwad said, I couldn’t figure out what on Earth is he talking about. A tank full of Marians swimming around. I got this mental picture of myself, along with Lauren swimming around in a goldfish bowl and it was not a pretty sight. Then I re-read what I had written, I guess I am so used to writing my name, that I just type my name out of habit. I must admit it sure is good for a laugh. I’m just glad y’all couldn’t see how red my face became.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:59 PM   #12
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Typo's abound here, and I think I am sometimes the worst so don't worry.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 05:20 PM   #13
feldon34
Forum Administrator

TYPOS!
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 12:40 AM   #14
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

– Good one, Morg (and Michael if it was intentional)
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive