Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 09-13-2003, 11:26 AM   #961
Seafoam
The Fish Whisperer

Right Arrow the rest of the fishies

Psychadelic fish (one of my favorites)
Herald's angelfish
Conspicuous angelfish
Lemonpeel angelfish
Scribbled angelfish
Readheaded butterflyfish
  16 year old FISH FREAK!
My fishies: Renshaw, & Alan (the plecs), Debbie (the pictus catfish), Kirk/Desi/Electra/Irving/Peggy (the tetras), Melvin, & Penny! RIP Mercedes...2/27/01-2/18/04 ;_; And RIP Gunther...we miss u...
FINDING NEMO RULES! I <3 Bubbles, Gill, & Gurgle ^_^
www.lassenart.com
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 06:11 PM   #962
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Some of Seafoam's pictures are good enough for the wishlist page. (hint, hint)
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 07:02 PM   #963
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

They will get there, I got the message.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 08:26 PM   #964
klyntun

Longnosed Filefish and Lemonpeel Anglefish get my votes. The Psychedelic Fish reminds me of a Mandarin Dragonet.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:51 PM   #965
GreenHsiF
SereneScreenFanatic

Subgenus Premnas (Anemonefish)

This fish looks cool.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg subgenus premnas (anemonefish).jpg (34.3 KB, 186 views)
GreenHsiF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 11:18 PM   #966
klyntun

Very nice.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:48 AM   #967
feldon34
Forum Administrator

that's similar to a Maroon Clown.

and what you call a Psychadelic fish is the popular Mandarin Gobi (Dragonet) which is slated to be added at a later date.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 01:52 PM   #968
Seafoam
The Fish Whisperer

Question re: fish

^_^

That clownfish is very pretty. The "Psychedelic Fish" IS another name for the Mandarin Gobi (Dragonet.) I've always been used to calling it a Psychedelic fish, but Liveaquaria.com calls it by the other name now too. But I like "psychedelic," it sounds cooler. *grin*
  16 year old FISH FREAK!
My fishies: Renshaw, & Alan (the plecs), Debbie (the pictus catfish), Kirk/Desi/Electra/Irving/Peggy (the tetras), Melvin, & Penny! RIP Mercedes...2/27/01-2/18/04 ;_; And RIP Gunther...we miss u...
www.lassenart.com
Old 09-14-2003, 03:46 PM   #969
IXNAY
Green Frog

WOW they are all cool, the psychadelic one is greta
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:27 PM   #970
Wizwad
Only me...

The Lemonpeel Angelfish is so cute! It totally gets my vote.
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 01:27 AM   #971
memilm
Registered

The Psychadelic fish and the Subgenus Premnas (Anemonefish) are very nice. Anybody know what for fish are the next to implement in SSA?
memilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 03:34 AM   #972
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Only Jim, and perhaps not even he...

To me the problem with fish like the Mandarin Gobi is that while when you see them in real life what makes them fascinating is that they look so unreal yet still exist. In the SS it's the more "normal" fish that look the best as you know what they look like and can easier appreciate how life-like they are. The more extreme species easily just end up looking too unreal even though they might be very good reproductions of the real thing...

/Tiny Two Cents
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 08:54 AM   #973
Jim Sachs
Developer

That's an interesting point which I used to bring up in my seminars. An artist is often hampered by what people are willing to accept. A photographer might win kudos for capturing an image of a cloud that happens to look just like Abraham Lincoln, but if an artist used the same image in the background of a painting, it would be dismissed as preposterous.

In the past, we have discussed several fish that I have considered too "far out" to include in the Aquarium. The Mandarin Goby is not one of them. The only thing which has thus far precluded it is the swimming motion, which is different from the normal "flat" fish. I am currently planning for the Mandarin to be in the first Creature Pak.

Maybe in a few years the Aquarium will have such a reputation for accuracy that everyone will know that anything in it must be real.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 01:38 PM   #974
klyntun

Tiny posted: "The more extreme species easily just end up looking too unreal..."

I agree, but the only fish currently in MA that IMO meets this criteria is the square spotted fish. I can't remember it's exact name because it just seems so unreal to me that I never have it on. However, I have seen a live specimen of the Mandarin Drogonet, and it looked quite real. Perhaps if I'd seen one of the square spotted ones also, I'd be more apt to accept its reality. But sometimes when MA is on I almost forget and tap on the glass, so the line between real and unreal is beginning to blur.

Last edited by klyntun; 09-15-2003 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:59 PM   #975
Seafoam
The Fish Whisperer

Originally posted by memilm
The Psychadelic fish and the Subgenus Premnas (Anemonefish) are very nice. Anybody know what for fish are the next to implement in SSA?
Hmm. That does make sense. I like the Lemonpeel angel and the Psychedelic fish too, they are cute!! So is the longnose filefish and the redheaded butterfly. ^_^
  16 year old FISH FREAK!
www.lassenart.com
Old 09-15-2003, 03:15 PM   #976
Wizwad
Only me...

The Redheaded Butterfly seems to have some really clean lines - very elegant. That would be the second one to get my vote.

With regard to clownfish, is it me or are they usually darker on top than underneath? They seem so to me, but maybe I've just not seen proper 'benchmark' pictures of them.
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 04:35 PM   #977
GreenHsiF
SereneScreenFanatic

Will there be different skins for the nudibranch to chose from when it comes out?
Is there going to be a limit to how many creatures that can go into the aquarium,or can we have them all in at once?
Old 09-15-2003, 04:37 PM   #978
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

There will be a limit just like with the fish, and for the same reasons.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 04:48 PM   #979
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by GreenHsiF
Will there be different skins for the nudibranch to chose from when it comes out?
I have yet to see Jim change the texture on a fish without making at least subtle changes to the 3D body model. So I don't think we'll see different skins per se, but certainly once a Nudibranch model has been created, several species can be produced without a lot of reshaping.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 04:24 PM   #980
GreenHsiF
SereneScreenFanatic

Originally posted by Jim Sachs
Are you talking about a fish-only pack? I'm certainly not planning any. The idea is for the Creature Paks to contain two or three invertibrates, a couple of unusual fish, and maybe four regular fish.
If one creature pack is going to have three invertibrates,a couple of unusual fish,and four regular fish.
With the two creature packs that would be six invertibrates,four unusual fish,and eight regular fish.On the invertibrates if there are going to be six would that be 1.Octopus?
2.Nudibranch?
3.Jellyfish?
4.Cuttlefish?
5.Green Mandarin Goby?
6.Starfish?
with the four unusual fish and the eight regular fish,that would be twelve more fish to come on to the screen,plus the 3-d background coming sounds like the whole thing is going to be an explosion.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows