Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 07-08-2014, 04:31 AM   #281
ANDYinNORWICH

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Yes, we're in the process of totally reworking the SereneScreen website. The text says 3.2, but the download file is actually 3.3.  
Jim,
I have been a customer for over 10 years and really enjoy your MA . Is there any future possibility of MA having the possibility of an increased total number of fish running?

It seems to me, most computers have much increased processor and graphic card performance since MA3 arrived, so there should no longer be any reason to throttle the total fish in the tank.

Are you still intending to improve and/or produce new versions of MA?

And lastly, what other projects are you currently working on that are becoming functional but are not yet finished?

A butterfly cage would be excellent, and very calming. This may have been mentioned before, please excuse my suggestion if so.

Kind regards,
Andy.
ANDYinNORWICH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:40 AM   #282
sam2011
Registered

What does the future hold for Marine Aquarium?

So Jim - will we ever see a Marine Aquarium 4 or have we seen the final iteration of this amazing screen saver? There was also talk about creature add-on packs for Marine Aquarium 3? Can you share your future plans?

Thanks
Scott
sam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:35 AM   #283
Jim Sachs
Developer

I haven't decided whether or not to add anything more to the Aquarium. The last few updates have not generated any increase in sales. I've been building a house for about 10 years now, and am also currently taking care of my mother (Alzheimer's), so I've really got my hands full at the moment.

Andy - Regarding more fish in the tank, the limit is already much higher than a real tank would support, and collisions are a real problem when the max number is used.

As far as future plans, if I do continue with MA3 the next item would be improved fish movement and schooling. A butterfly habitat was also planned, but when I see the awesome 3D worlds currently being implemented by game designers, it makes me want to give up programming completely.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #284
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
I haven't decided whether or not to add anything more to the Aquarium. The last few updates have not generated any increase in sales. [snip]
As far as future plans, if I do continue with MA3 the next item would be improved fish movement and schooling. A butterfly habitat was also planned, but when I see the awesome 3D worlds currently being implemented by game designers, it makes me want to give up programming completely.  
Unfortunately, I think the attraction of screen savers is pretty well past. And.. again unfortunately.. I think the glory days of an individual doing fantastic programing on his / her own are also over.

Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 – 1951)
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #285
fly911
Registered

Jim, as far as I'm concerned, your creation is as lifelike as anyone could want. I am going to contact my cable provider and see if I can convince them to dedicate a channel to MA3. Is that something that they could rent the non exclusive rights to?
BTW, Jill did an excellent job on her KickStarter project. Glad you turned us on to it. Glad I could help. Excellent.
fly911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #286
Jim Sachs
Developer

I'm trying to figure out how to do a streaming version of the Aquarium. I'd need to dedicate a computer to it, running the program 24/7 and uploading it to the web. There's a new large-format photo frame coming out which can display streaming media as a wall-hanging. http://thecreatorsproject.vice.com/b...or-digital-art

Jill says thanks for your support. She'll be entering her film in Indy contests.
Jim Sachs
Old 07-30-2014, 04:33 AM   #287
fly911
Registered

That sounds like a great concept, Jim. Apparently from the link, it could be doable. Bandwidth is always a consideration. I have my 32" LCD/LED screen on for 24/7/365 with a few exceptions when it goes out on me for no apparent reason. I would like to replace the laptop that drives it with a smaller dedicated computer, chip or something like that. There were some suggestions about that earlier in this blog.

With your streaming idea though, there would be more flexibility, and reliability. When the end user's computer is on, their TV could be their display when they weren't watching something else. That large screen photo frame is long overdue. With the smaller frames, you can just plug in a USB thumb drive with your photos, if I'm not mistaken. With the hugh storage capacity of modern thumb drives and data cards, I wonder if it would be possible to store say an hours worth of MA3 on a loop? Let us know how it's coming along.

Since the frame mentioned in your link comes with its own micro computer (and I'm guessing about the "Micro" part) I think this will be a winner. The KickStarter effort seems pretty successful.

Last edited by fly911; 07-31-2014 at 03:16 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:35 PM   #288
snorkler
Registered

Thanks and goodbye!

Ten years working on a house and more than ten on this program. You should be tired! I have not posted much but have always kept up with the improvements. I believe, unfortunately, that we are at an end for serenescreen. (NO end to a house!!)
I just wanted to say thanks!
Probably the best money I have ever spent! If I ever get an email that serenescreen has more options for purchase i will happily do so.
Again, thank you and good luck!

Michael
snorkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:23 PM   #289
Jim Sachs
Developer

I hope you'll still drop in from time to time.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-16-2015, 09:35 PM   #290
Jean-Pierre Marro
Registered

Hi Jim,
I wish you a good year in 2015.
Perhaps would we get to see the latest Marine Aquarium 3.3 this year ???
We are much in the meantime ...
Thank you in advance for a favorable response.
Good day.
Jean-Pierre Marro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:56 PM   #291
Jim Sachs
Developer

MA 3.3 has been available for quite some time.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-19-2015, 09:36 PM   #292
Jean-Pierre Marro
Registered

Salut Jim ,
Oui je sais , parce que je regarde votre site tous les jours ...
Je parlais de changements possibles dans Marine Aquarium 3.3 ( nouveaux éléments Contribution dans le bassin ... ) .
Nous sommes beaucoup dans l'intervalle ...
Je espérons qu'il y aura des conséquences en 2015 .
Merci à l'avance pour OUI ...
Bonne journée.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:04 PM   #293
Jim Sachs
Developer

Anybody here speak French? (and English)
Jim Sachs
Old 01-20-2015, 09:14 PM   #294
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Hi Jim, yes I know, because I look your site every day...
I was talking about possible changes in Marine Aquarium 3.3 (new elements Contribution in the basin...).
We s (English)

Close anyway.......................

Best I can figure basin probably refers to the coral and so forth.......
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:19 PM   #295
Jim Sachs
Developer

Ah, OK. It's conceivable that I could add some more items or tune up the movement or collision detection. It all depends on if any money is coming in. We're in talks with a Taiwanese cable company which is interested in using MA in their set-top box, so that may help.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-20-2015, 10:19 PM   #296
Jean-Pierre Marro
Registered

Hello,
Thank you to JAV400 for translation.
Thank you to Jim for the answer.
Good day.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:25 AM   #297
fly911
Registered

Driver for MA3.2 on monitor

Originally posted by 321liftoff:
What system is connected to your LED Screen that is running MA3?

EDIT: I see in a previous post that you are using a Laptop. If you are interested in a low-power device that won't be too hot, see my suggestion below:

Since there is an android version of MA3, you could use a CuBox-i device to run Android and hook it up via HDMI to a display. Running MA3 on a CuBox-i4pro would be around 7.5W.

I like the idea of a dedicated monitor!  
Can anyone offer suggestions on hooking up a device to display MA3 on a large 34" wide" 4K monitor, short of using a laptop computer? Still searching. Thanks! Mike.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:53 AM   #298
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by fly911:
Can anyone offer suggestions on hooking up a device to display MA3 on a large 34" wide" 4K monitor, short of using a laptop computer? Still searching. Thanks! Mike.  
A small computer should be able to do it. Just a matter of comparing specs. Shouldn't have to spend more than $150.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...CE&PageSize=30
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:11 PM   #299
Jim Sachs
Developer

As long as we're on the subject, does anyone know what the minimum system would be that can take an NVidia 3D Vision card?
Jim Sachs
Old 08-04-2016, 03:25 AM   #300
fly911
Registered

Originally posted by feldon34:
A small computer should be able to do it. Just a matter of comparing specs. Shouldn't have to spend more than $150.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...CE&PageSize=30  
Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking that would probably be the best way to go. I wonder if "Screen Mirroring" would work. I've tried it from my tablet to my 65" 4K UHD Samsung curved TV but there was a lot of tearing on the big screen.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows