Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 05-15-2007, 02:05 AM   #1
Jeremy
Registered

Run-time error '395'

After upgrading (or downgrading) to the Vista operating system, Fish-Picker worked fine for a few days. Suddenly, after I installed all the programs I need, Fish-Picker won't run anymore. Instead I get the following popup:

Run-time error '395': Cannot use separator bar as menu name for this control

I searched the web for a "fix," but none were available. So I just wasted money buying RegistryFix, which promises to fix run-time errors; it didn't fix anything.

Can anyone please help to fix this error?
Jeremy

Last edited by Jeremy; 05-16-2007 at 01:27 AM.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:55 AM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Jeremy, I am sorry you are having trouble.

Fish-Picker is an unsupported add-on to Marine Aquarium. I'm not sure what recourse you might have. Also, I'm not sure why you would have to buy a registry cleaner program since there are several free ones.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:36 AM   #3
Mountainmaster
Liopleurodon

It is good to see that Fish Picker is still being used. Be aware though that I have not updated the program for a long time, nor will there be any future updates.

First of all, Fish Picker was never adapted to the latest version of Marine Aquarium. It "should" still work but I can give no guarantees. You will also miss out on the new fishes if you use Fish Picker.
I have kept Fish Picker available because people may still run older versions of Marine Aquarium. My download site states that it is for Marine Aquarium 2.0.

As for the Vista problem, I have no idea what is causing that. My guess is that it is a Windows Vista bug/feature which crept in with a recent Vista update. I could not find anything on the web about this yet, but I expect that Fish Picker is not the only program affected. So I will keep an eye out for any new reports about this error.
At almost 25 m long Liopleurodon was the biggest carnivore that ever existed. It had an enormous 3 metre long mouth which contained teeth twice as long as those of Tyrannosaurus.
  Ronald Zaalberg, Creator of Fish Picker
Mountainmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:48 AM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Great to hear from you, Ronald!
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
Old 05-15-2007, 01:49 PM   #5
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

I second that.

I wonder how many people are lurking out there.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #6
Jeremy
Registered

Thanks very much for your replies.

Mountainmaster: I'm very grateful to you for creating Fish-Picker because version 1.1 of the aquarium was a gift from someone very dear to me; Its sentimental value is much higher than new fish in the newer versions. Therefore, I'll always continue to use it, and finding your Fish-Picker is now an added gift to it.

The aquarium has continued to work perfectly from Windows 98 thru 2000, XP, and now Vista, for which
Jim Sachs and the SereneScreen team is to be highly congratulated for. I don't know of other programs
that have perfect compatibility with all systems. Regarding Fish-Picker, I'll have to be patient until a "fix" becomes available, and I thank you for suggesting you'll also keep an eye out for it.

In the meantime It was recommended that I get a program called RuntimeChecker and have it run a
diagnostic on Fish-Picker. I did so, and it reports "Module msvcr80.dll has not been loaded," and "Fail to
find module "msvcr80.dll." However this dll is available to it. I even tried placing copies of it in system32, and also in Fish-Picker's own folder, but it makes no difference. I'll have to learn to use more features of
this program to see if it can report more info.

Thanks again
Jeremy
Old 05-15-2007, 04:48 PM   #7
Mountainmaster
Liopleurodon

Thanks guys. It has been a long time.

Jeremy, a problem with msvcr80.dll seems rather strange. That is a C++ runtime library, but Fish Picker was made in Visual Basic 6.
At almost 25 m long Liopleurodon was the biggest carnivore that ever existed. It had an enormous 3 metre long mouth which contained teeth twice as long as those of Tyrannosaurus.
  Ronald Zaalberg, Creator of Fish Picker
Mountainmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:31 PM   #8
Jeremy
Registered

Exclamation Problem Solved

Mountainmaster: Problem solved - Rather than analyzing the darkness, I decided to just try to turn the light on again:

I reinstalled Windows, downloaded the current updates, and then added aquarium 1.1 and Fishpicker - all worked fine.

I then added NVidia's latest graphics card drivers, "158.18_forceware_winvista_32bit," and the "395 Run-time error" reappeared, preventing Fish-Picker from working.
When I uninstalled those drivers, and I installed their previous version, "100.65_winvista_32bit_international,"
Fish-Picker is again working perfectly.

Again, thanks for Fish-Picker, a brilliant addon!
Jeremy

Last edited by Jeremy; 05-16-2007 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:44 AM   #9
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Running without the latest video drivers is not really an option for most people.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive