Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 02-14-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
fishandchips
Registered

Aquarium 3-in-1 Limited Edition (Content & Compatibility Issues)

Hi there,

I have just purchased a Marine Aquarium 3-in-1 Limited Edition CD/DVD online which includes Marine Aquarium 2.5, Goldfish Aquarium & Sharks: Terrors of the Deep.

I have not yet received it & am having second thoughts as to whether i should have opted for Marine Aquarium 2.6 or the latest version 3.0 !!

Can anyone answer the following queries:-

1) Is Marine Aquarium 2.5 compatible with Windows Vista ?

2) Can all 3 screensavers (i.e. Marine Aquarium 2.5, Goldfish Aquarium & Sharks: Terrors of the Deep) run as a desktop background as well as a screensaver ?

3) Am I correct in presuming the crystal clock function also has a calander & only functions when using Marine Aquarium 2.5 ?

4) What are all the differences between Marine Aquarium 2.5 & Marine Aquarium 2.6 ?

5) Am I correct in presuming Goldfish Aquarium & Sharks: Terrors of the Deep are both Version 1.0 in this limited edition software and can they both be upgraded to Version 2 via lifeglobe.com ?

I look forward to an early response

Thanks

Bob M.
fishandchips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I copy here the same e-mail I just sent you to these questions:
__________________________________________________ _____

Bob, I am not an employee of SereneScreen, but I will do what I can to answer your questions.

I'm guessing you purchased a boxed version of Marine Aquarium 3-in-1 from Amazon or some other retailer?

1. Marine Aquarium 2.0/2.5/2.6 are compatible with Windows Vista to my knowledge. You are welcome to download Marine Aquarium 2.6 or the 3.0 Beta from SereneScreen.com and see how they work on your system.

2. None of the Aquarium products will run as a desktop wallpaper by themselves. You might have success with Windows Vista Dreamscene.

3. The crystal (if present in your version) can be used for logos, clock, calendar, etc.

4. Marine Aquarium 2.6 added 6 new fish. Marine Aquarium 3, which is currently in a public beta, adds a totally new high definition 3D background, although the clock/crystal feature is still in testing and not finalized.

5. Yes, you can upgrade to Goldfish 2 and Sharks 2. I don't know what the cost is.

Kindest Regards,
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
bratboy
Here Fishy Fishy!

Last time I checked goldfish and Shark upgrades to ver 2.0 ran $5.99 each.
bratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

Prolific has suggested that we allow all previous versions of Marine Aquarium to be upgradeable to MA3 for $9.95. I have tentatively agreed.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #5
joltdude
Registered

Lightbulb Upgrade pricing and Prolific orders

Prolific is already taking orders for Marine Aquarium 3 upgrades for the 9.95 or so Jim mentioned on their website....

Already bought mine
joltdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
Lightkin
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Prolific has suggested that we allow all previous versions of Marine Aquarium to be upgradeable to MA3 for $9.95. I have tentatively agreed.  

I think that's a very fair price --thanks, Jim!

Lightkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive