Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 01-21-2002, 09:42 PM   #1
SteveMcD
Registered

Cool Compatability with New ATI driver

I have been a registered owner of the Aquarium for awhile now. I use it on my Dell Latitude Laptop which has a ATI-Rage Mobility-M1 AGP2X video card (integrated in the motherboard).

Up until recently I had ATI Build - M06.11.106.T01 (Driver - 5.00.2195.4045) and it worked great. I was getting frame rates of 20fps for a 2 year old laptop.

I run Windows 2000 by the way with the latest DirectX drivers (8.1)

However, recently, Microsoft Windows update stated there was a new video driver (dated Oct 5, 2001). I downloaded it and it was ATI Build - M6.1243.T01 (Driver - 5.00.2195.5040).

Everything works fine even the Aquarium ... at least for awhile. Then the screensaver (mode I run it in) locks up and the only way to recover is remove the power (battery included) and restart. All other ScreenSavers are fine and do not act this way......

For now I have gone back to the previous version of the ATI video driver (5.00.2195.4045) and all is well.

Any ideas ??

Thanks alot for the great Aquarium. I get many questions....

--Steve
SteveMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 11:02 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The fact that Dell modifies some of these drivers and the laptop video hardware has been modified to REQUIRE the special Dell drivers only compounds this annoying issue further.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive