Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 01-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #1
DoubleTrouble
Registered

Registering the program.

Hi,
I`m having problem`s with registering the product. I install program, then I put in keycode then cd. Done. But when I close program down and open it again. It what`s me to put the keycode and cd back in again. The version of the cd I bought is V.2.0. I bought the upgrade version from use MA3. Hope someone can help me with this problem? Thank`s.
DoubleTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Only v2.6 can be upgraded to MA3.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #3
DoubleTrouble
Registered

so I have to buy v2.6 or wait for full version of MA3? Also will my keycode work for both? thanks.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

MA2.6 is now $9.95.
MA3 is $19.95.
MA2.6 -> MA3 is $9.95

Buying MA3 entitles you to an MA2.6 Key (For those who buy MA3 but find that their system is not up to it. That way, they can run v2.6 until they upgrade their system.) As yet, there is no automatic way for those customers to get their 2.6 key, so it would have to go through Customer Support.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
DoubleTrouble
Registered

thank`s for your reply. one more question? i just got the upgrade to for 9.95 + shipping cost. so can I get a refund on this so i can get what i need to get this to work? and I will need version 2.6 to get MA3 to work correct? let`s put it this way? can you let me know what I need to purchase to get MA3 to work? thank`s again.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
feldon34
Forum Administrator

You can buy MA3 right now.

You only need 2.6 if MA3 won't run on your system.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #7
DoubleTrouble
Registered

thank`s for your reply.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #8
Jim Sachs
Developer

Just to be clear - MA3 is a stand-alone program which has nothing to do with MA2.6 or any previous version. It is not an "upgrade" in any sense except that we will give MA2.6 owners a price break.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-31-2009, 06:08 PM   #9
CheriePie
Registered

Ummmm.... but I just bought v2.6 the other day (on 1/23 to be exact) for the sole purpose of having v3 as soon as it was released. (And cuz I got sick of using the TESTFISH instead of a valid reg code.)

So what now for me? I really didn't plan on spending another 9.95 and I really would've just waited for the release if I hadn't seen it said many times here in this forum that people who purchase v2.6 now would get a FREE upgrade to v3. (I can go look for the posts, but I know I saw it in here or I'd not have purchased 2.6 when I did.)

Anyway, when I log into my account at Prolific, I only see the option for purchasing the upgrade which obviously makes me not very happy. Shall I wait it out for some kind of special email I should be receiving or what?

ETA - I'm going to try to explain my situation to Customer Service and see where that gets me.
ETA2 - Looks like I can't contact Customer Service as the form isn't working right. There are no characters appearing in the CODE box which I need to verify in order to submit.
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:17 PM   #10
dwax
Registered

CheriePie;
Here is where Jim is talking about the upgrade.

https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...40&postcount=1
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By dustywax at 2011-12-13
dwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:20 PM   #11
Nicki
Sugar Plum Fairy

Yeah , what dwax said , he posted while I was typing . Sorry .
Nicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:56 PM   #12
Jim Sachs
Developer

CheriePie - Anyone who purchased MA2.6 between Aug1, 2008 and the time we went live with MA3 sales last week is entitled to a free MA3 Key. I'm not sure if the automatic mechanism for getting the Key is in place yet, but Customer Support can help you. Are you saying that this is not what you see when you go to SereneScreen Support?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Support.jpg (100.7 KB, 47 views)
Jim Sachs
Old 02-01-2009, 03:39 AM   #13
CheriePie
Registered

Jim, my guess would be that the mechanism for 2.6 upgrades is not in place yet then (when I checked this afternoon) since my only option for MA3, after keying in my 2.6 keycode, is the 9.99 upgrade. So I'll wait a few more days for that to happen.

However, on the SereneScreen report page, you are correct in that that is not what I'm seeing. The box you're showing at the top there... I have the lines in it but not the letters. So I can't enter anything to verify it. Also, it appears at the bottom of my screen, though I think I'm in Customer Support as opposed to Technical Support. (I'm clicking Contact this from the menu running down the left hand side of the screen.)

I looked again and it appears that clicking Support (instead of Contact Us) actually brings you to a different place. Perhaps if I follow the right chain of clicks through that page I'll get to a page where I can properly contact someone but for now, I cannot find it, and do not get a page that looks exactly like yours above.

ETA - Ah hah! Found how you got to your screen. After clicking Support, then click on Support again from within the "Email us" section of that page, and now my screen looks exactly like yours does, with the codes and all. If you instead just click on the Contact Us link from the very top menu, while you're logged into a Prolific account, then you get a slightly different screen where the CAPTCHA box appears at the bottom of the page instead of the top, but it's missing the letters which are supposed to appear in the box.

So I guess I'll go ahead and email them and express my disapproval for not implementing the upgrade process properly, especially when I only bought the program last week.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #14
Jim Sachs
Developer

What browser are you using?
Jim Sachs
Old 02-01-2009, 03:31 PM   #15
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

The form one needs to fill out to purchase this will scare a lot of people off. In my opinion..

A name.. yes.. if only to generate a serial
Email address.. yes it is what "registers" me in the data base if I lose my key and provides someplace for you to send the initial key.
Billing Address.. why? unless you are going to send me something by post.
Username and Password... absolutely why?.. Just what am I signing up for?.. This is not a credit application.. that work has been done by the credit card company.

I appreciate this form is boilerplate that Prolific found someplace.. but it is too invasive for me.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #16
feldon34
Forum Administrator

If you change your e-mail address and forget to notify Prolific, then there is no way for you to get your keycode. The billing address is really the only way to confirm you are who you say you are if you request keycodes be sent to a different e-mail address.

No idea on the username/password.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #17
vochore
Registered

any way of finding out what my 2.6 key is...lost it and i have tried to do the lostkey retrieval at prolific...."actually tried it 3 times"...and still have gotten nothing in my e-mail.
i have been running the beta since it went live and would love to get the full registered version.
vochore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:05 PM   #18
Jim Sachs
Developer

Prolfic Customer support should be able to help you with that.
http://www.serenescreen.com/support/tech.php
Jim Sachs
Old 02-02-2009, 01:27 AM   #19
CheriePie
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
What browser are you using?  
FF3. But I see the same results in IE7 as well.

As I said though, the CAPTCHA comes up fine on the Tech Support form at http://www.serenescreen.com/support/tech.php (this is the one you directed me to) but NOT the one at
https://www.prolific.com/store/help....us&mode=update
which is where I wound up the first time. (I believe you can only get to the latter if you are logged on to the Prolific website with a valid username and password and then click Contact Us from the left menu.)
Old 02-02-2009, 01:35 AM   #20
Jim Sachs
Developer

OK, Prolific will look into the problem.
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows