Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 04-14-2004, 10:29 PM   #1
jon37
Registered

few problems

bought SereneScreen Aquarium from walmart $ 9.56 it says its for win xp?..heres my problems it locks up machine after a while my system specs are a78nx asus mobo 3200 amd cpu 1536 of ram ati 9800xt vid card im a big gamer play alot my system is awfully stable havent had a crash in months ..is this version a older one should I upgrade to newer one ? is there a patch ? also when it does run and i move mouse to stop it will but the sound keeps going have to control alt delete to end process? What version do I have?1.0?..thanks jon
jon37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:31 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The Wal-Mart version is a very old version intended for people who are not interested in spending $20 on the latest version.

I realize that not all regions have stores that carry the full-featured Marine Aquarium 2 product (CompUSA, MicroCenter, Fry's).

All the problems you describe affect high-end computers running the old version of the Aquarium.

I would definitely upgrade at SereneScreen.com to the newest version which is 2.0 MD. It has 6 more fish and a Starfish, an awesome control panel, Widescreen/Dual monitor support, and CPU throttling controls to run on any kind of motherboard/CPU combination. It also knocks out that infinite sound bug.

Welcome to the forums and welcome fellow A7N8X user.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:34 AM   #3
jon37
Registered

thanks for quick response ..so to upgrade i have to buy full version ? is the one i bought consider 1.0?

thanks again great site and forum by Jon
Old 04-15-2004, 08:46 AM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, you have 1.0. The upgrade to 2.01 is $5.95. Just go to http://www.SereneScreen.com and click on the "Upgade to 2.0" button.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:13 AM   #5
jon37
Registered

cool alright I upgraded now do i need to uninstall older version? thanks great site great product great folks take care your friend jon also all seems fine now no sound loop no lock ups ..I`m happy ...Ill tell my friends ...take care ...
Old 04-15-2004, 10:10 AM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

It doesn't really matter whether you uninstall the older version or not.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive