Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 12-02-2003, 01:18 AM   #1
dbrown
Registered

Cool Resolution of Coral

I have just updated my PC and have a new 17" LCD DVI display. Running the aquarium v2 at 1280x1024 @ 32-bit colour the fish look amazing but the coral looks significantly pixelated. I was wondering if there are plans to produce a higher resolution image to resolve this issue.
dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 02:28 AM   #2
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Well, sort of.
It would be possible to create a 2D background with higher, but when the Freshwater Aquarium is finished, Jim will resume work on a full 3D background for the Marine Aquarium, which will be apporimately two times the width of a regular 4:3 monitor/TV, enabling panning of the camera, possibility for fish interacting with the coral and better collision-detection. Also, future creatures like a banded coral shrimp and others will be able to climb the coral and the Percula Clownfish will get a anemone to reside in.

/Tiny Rez
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 12:26 PM   #3
feldon34
Forum Administrator

The Marine Aquarium backdrop is 1024x768. I'd run the Aquarium at that resolution and let your monitor do the scaling.

At some point in the future, there will be a dual-monitor, widescreen, high-definition version of Marine Aquarium.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 08:17 PM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

LCDs often suffer from aliasing as they stretch an image. On a CRT monitor, the 1024x768 background looks just fin when slightly stretched to 1280x1024 -- most people can't tell the difference. Bear in mind that when I wrote the Aquarium virtually all 3D programs used 640x480 background pics.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 07:03 AM   #5
pipbal
Registered

is it possible 1280x1024

is it possible to make the background (in the future) work for res 1280x1024 or is it to hard ?

I would sure like it ....
Better 2 burn out then 2 fade away
pipbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 11:20 AM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

Yes, the background will be changed to a true 3D environment. The resolution will be higher, and the camera will be able to pan back and forth.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 12:58 PM   #7
pipbal
Registered

Great

thanks Jim for the quick reply this is great news for me...
Better 2 burn out then 2 fade away
pipbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive