Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 04-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Beta10 multi monitor issues

The display selections leave one scenario out.. having MA3 full screen on my second monitor. The closest I can come is to "Display nothing on this monitor" (Monitor 1) and then have "Display screen saver on this monitor" (on monitor 2). This gives a nice full screen and smooth animation on monitor 2.. unfortunately it blanks out monitor 1 and renders it unusable.
If I place MA3 as a window on my second screen the movement is very ragged with pauses.. the fps varies from ~75 ish to 15 and work on my main monitor becomes almost impossible with pauses..
To me it would be desirable to have MA3 full screen on a second monitor while working on ones main..??
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

I'm afraid that any more multimonitor issues are going to have to wait a while.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:19 AM   #3
cjmaddy
Registered

Ralph, this is not a Beta10 problem. It has always been like that. It's common to some other screen savers too. - If you blank one screen out, that's what you get!... A blank screen!

.... Try Windowed mode with the window on the primary, then work on the secondary monitor. - That works for me.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #4
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by cjmaddy:
Ralph, this is not a Beta10 problem. It has always been like that. It's common to some other screen savers too. - If you blank one screen out, that's what you get!... A blank screen!  
I know this is not a beta 10 problem but it is the beta that introduced the 'display on monitor x" dialog... (I think).

Originally posted by cjmaddy:
.... Try Windowed mode with the window on the primary, then work on the secondary monitor. - That works for me.  

My secondary screen is the "old" one I used to have.. it is smaller and tucked away on the corner of my desk.. Working on it would kind of negate the excuse(s) I used to justify a 22" wide screen.

Having a full screen option on the second monitor would be at least as desirable as having a window option. or panning across two monitors.. .in fact with Jim's MA3 panning across two removes "most" of the motion, I suspect those with 3 monitors loose "all" panning.. Which is a key feature of the MA3 to show off its 3D characteristics.

But... this is just my opinion and I appreciate that Jim wants to move on..
Old 04-15-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
cjmaddy
Registered

Originally posted by Ralph:
I know this is not a beta 10 problem but it is the beta that introduced the 'display on monitor x" dialog... (I think).

My secondary screen is the "old" one I used to have....  
I think you will find that Jim will tell us that that is a 'Windows' feature! - If I remember correctly, that's what he told me when I first reported how MA3 worked across two screens.
As regards the "old" secondary screen. - You now have an excuse to justify a second 22" wide screen!!!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

I forwarded your comment to my wife..
Old 04-15-2009, 02:04 PM   #7
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Ralph:
I forwarded your comment to my wife..  
If buying another 22" would fix the problem - then why can't you just make the old (smaller) monitor your primary, and do most of the work on the new (secondary) one?
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:25 PM   #8
Jim Sachs
Developer

I know that Ralph and several others have already considered all the possible configurations, and settled on the one which best fits their needs. It's just that I simply can't stand the idea of even thinking about more multimonitor problems right now.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:57 PM   #9
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Take 3~4 hours off and start on the fish... or that sea apple.. or the feather duster. or...
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows