Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 12-13-2001, 12:21 AM   #1
Cremecycle
Registered

Cool Email notifications of Version 1.0

<font face="courier" size="3" color="coral"><b>
Hi,<br>
I am a first time user of this (or for that matter any) message forum.<br>
I have a question regarding the upgrade to the Aquarium 1.0 for Deluxe Key Code holders. I understand that we are to receive email notifications. However, I have not received one as of yet. I am wondering, where or who do I need to "talk" with to assure that they have my current email addy?<br>
I have had my Deluxe Key Code for more than a year and have enjoyed the screen saver immensely. In fact, my grandson, now 3 years old, calls them "his fishies" and insists upon watching them from the moment he arrives.<br>
I am looking forward to the bonus features and truly appreciate the work involved. Thank you Mr. Jim Sachs for all your hard work.
Cremecycle</b></font><p>
PS Why does it say Yellow Tang above my avatar "starfish"?

Last edited by Cremecycle; 12-13-2001 at 12:34 AM.
Cremecycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 02:37 AM   #2
pipeta
Royal Gramma

1. Version 1.00 is ready but we can't download it yet because Prolific has some work to do on the site (in order to make sure the person who downloads the screensaver really bought it) so they didn't release v1.00 on the Internet yet.
version 1.00 will not add any new features accept for better password protection for people who use it. So we will have to wait for v1.01 which will include a 3D background (Jim is currently working on it!).

2. There used to be a change sub name (or whatever that feature's name was) in the "edit profile" tab but I can't find it at the moment for some reason?! STRANGE
pipeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 07:48 AM   #3
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Cremecycle,

Glad to hear that you and your grandson are enjoying the screenssaver so much. It is always nice to see those kind of comments. Jim has been working hard on the new 3D background but it is taking some time, if you stop to think just how envolved and difficult a background like that is, you can understand why. Maybe we will get a supprise in the mean time, while he is working on it.

Version 1.0 only offers better password protection for users of Win 95,98,ME. Other than that, it is pretty much the same thing as what people have on their systems right now. Basically on those operating systems, if you hit any key, including the spacebar or any other, and have the password feature checked, you get the password window first and foremost and have to input your password to get any further.

Lastly, the "Yellow Tang" next to your name is a "User Title". Those will change according to the number of posts that you have. Except for Feldon23 or I ( who are the Administrators of this forum ) or Jim Sachs ( who has Developer next to his ) we try to keep everyone on the same level playing field.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 08:22 AM   #4
Cremecycle
Registered

<font face="courier" size="3" color="coral"><b>Thank you for your quick replys. So, I guess, I won't have to worry about SERENE SCREEN having my new email addy, I will just keep an eye on the web site for news. I just didn't want to miss out on the bonuses, hehe.<br>Cremecycle</b></font>

Last edited by Cremecycle; 12-13-2001 at 08:24 AM.
Old 12-13-2001, 09:16 AM   #5
pipeta
Royal Gramma

You cancelled the "User Title" feature? (People who selected one before you cancelled this feature still have it)
pipeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 10:22 AM   #6
feldon34
Forum Administrator

PS Why does it say Yellow Tang above my avatar "starfish"?
After people have been here a while and participated, it changes to Regal Tang. I guess it's a status thing, but I don't think someone who's been here for 6 months can say whatever the heck they want, just as someone brand new shouldn't be afraid to ask or say things.

Things that make you go hmmm.

2. There used to be a change sub name (or whatever that feature's name was) in the "edit profile" tab but I can't find it at the moment for some reason?! STRANGE
Yes, it was never intended for this to be a user-selectable feature. If someone has been here a while and it's obvious that they should get a different name like "Royal Gramma", then we change it. Please don't request a change.

You cancelled the "User Title" feature? (People who selected one before you cancelled this feature still have it)
pipeta,

I don't have a problem with you having 'Royal Gramma' under your name as you've been on the forum a while. You'll notice if you look around, people who have been here a while tend to have those little titles.

Creamsicle, that orange text. Sheesh. We can read just fine without it.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Last edited by feldon34; 12-13-2001 at 10:26 AM.
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 09:11 PM   #7
Cremecycle
Registered

So, are you telling me I can't use <font color="coral">orange </font>for my font color?
Why? What harm is there? The forum rules allow html. So, I thought, why not? <font color="coral">Orange</font> font color for fun. Kind of goes with my name <font color="coral">"cremecycle"</font>. You know those <font color="coral">orange sherbert </font>and vanilla ice cream bars. I never intended to imply yall couldn't see the plain, ordinary, boring white color.<br> However, did it occur to you, that just maybe it might have made it easier for <font color="coral" size="3">ME </font> to read it. After all, I am a gramma with failing eyesight. Sorry <p><font color="coral">Cremeycle</font>
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive