Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 06-03-2004, 11:15 AM   #1
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

Thumbs Down Shadow Pulsing/Real Couples

Hello everybody. I got marine aquarium and several days later downloaded the 2.01 upgrade. This thread is in reference to the 2.01 upgrade. Was experimenting with selecting the fishes and selected 2 of same species (4pairs) and whoa -- they came up with one fish being slightly smaller/bigger than the other, like real couples -- not 2 identical fishes, but of different sizes. But you old veterans probably already knew that. The other thing I notice which is something I can live with but wonder what's up, is the tiny teeny outline shadowy pulsing on the 2 tops of the coral on the far right. you can see it against the green lights. there's also a tiny spec of shadow pulse barely noticeable in the middle and on the far left top, again, can see it against the green water lights. Minn
Surferminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:58 AM   #2
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

The different sizes of fish is due to them being closer and/or farther away in the tank.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:14 PM   #3
cjmaddy
Registered

As Pat says, - when the fish swim behind the front bank of coral, they are further away, and therefore smaller!

Can you post a screen shot of your "tiny teeny outline shadowy pulsing" ? - It could be just the dappled light play.

ps, Welcome to the forum!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:39 PM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

They are right, the difference in size is caused by distance in 3D space. This becomes VERY obvious when using 3D glasses.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:02 PM   #5
cjmaddy
Registered

Hey! - I think I've seen it! - Set the lighting to something like this pic, and watch the marked areas.

EDIT - It's in different places on the 4x3 - (the pic is the wide version)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grey_web3.jpg (63.5 KB, 221 views)

Last edited by cjmaddy; 06-03-2004 at 04:50 PM.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:58 PM   #6
Jim Sachs
Developer

That's where the 3D lightplay object overlaps the underlying 2D picture by a couple of pixels. It's not an exact science.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 09:13 PM   #7
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

Hi all. I'm back. first of all, awwww, fish size due to location, well, I did take that into consideration but then as I kept watching and they seemed to almost bump and still maintained their size diff..... , well, wishful thinking on my part, I guess.. and yes, cjmaddy has spotted the pulsing shadows I was referring to. no big deal but it was the only movement among the coral notwithstanding the fishes and light. looking forward to seeing the coral reef breathe and move with the currents some day. did I say thank you? thank you for such a wonderful creation. truly inspirational. have already put it on my list as christmas gifts to give this year providing I can sit on my excitement for the next 6 months!... I've had my marine aquarium for less than a week now.

Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes.

Old 06-04-2004, 06:35 AM   #8
Liath
Still here in spirit

Welcome suferminn, we all feel the same way. Great screensaver! Have you checked out the goldfish screensaver? It's worth having both.
Liath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:05 AM   #9
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

Hi Liath, yeah I did see the goldfish aquarium but I'm took picky about the goldfish -- they didn't have my favorite goldfish. but I do like the beautiful wavy fins and tail -- Afraid I'm bias towards the ones my dentist has in his tank and the one my girlfriend used to have in her tank. I really like marine aquarium I realize because it adds to my well being in the midst of all the current events, work, etc..
Old 06-04-2004, 08:25 AM   #10
grape_jellyfish
Registered

That's a very nice compliment to Jim surferminn, by the way, I would also like to welcome you to the forum.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....It's learning to Dance in the Rain.
grape_jellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:36 AM   #11
Marian Nichols
~Author~

Ditto here
Write paranormal mysteries. Six books so far.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:59 AM   #12
Surferminn
Senior Puddle Jumper

74 Highscores

thanks.

Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:04 AM   #13
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

Same here . You will love it here . We are family and like a real family we are here to help each other out and to just shoot the breeze .
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 10:30 AM   #14
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by surferminn
Hi Liath, yeah I did see the goldfish aquarium but I'm took picky about the goldfish -- they didn't have my favorite goldfish. but I do like the beautiful wavy fins and tail -- Afraid I'm bias towards the ones my dentist has in his tank and the one my girlfriend used to have in her tank. I really like marine aquarium I realize because it adds to my well being in the midst of all the current events, work, etc..
Goldfish Aquarium won't reach its potential until they can do specular texture maps. Right now, none of the fish in Goldfish Aquarium are what I consider to be real goldfish since they cannot do reflective scales.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 10:45 AM   #15
Marian Nichols
~Author~

Yeah, but it is a good start.
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive