Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 07:12 PM   #21
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Oh, come on. I did not call it offensive. I personally (my personal opinion) found it somewhat (that's "somewhat" - not "impossibly") difficult to understand. That's why I were only suggesting (yes, suggesting) you made the (minor) effort to phrase it more like what most everybody else does. This to make it more likely more members but myself wanted to partake in the trouble-shooting.

I also wasn't aware using the phrase "report back" was so offensive. I assure you there was nothing dismissive nor any military angle involved. Sorry. I honestly thought that if you tried the suggestions it would be a good idea to "report" what happened to us here after that. That's all.

I really want to solve this problem of yours and have asked you several questions about your installation and suggested a few things you could try to isolate the problem but you seem to ignore all this and just ask "now what about my poor fish". To me this appears like you're not really interested in coming up with a solution but just want it to magically appear in front of you.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:24 PM   #22
drfish
the Doc

FWIW maxieellis (if you're out there), post #19 was the first of yours I even bothered to read. Tiny was a saint for trying to help you at all, my brain exploded before I could even try.
I don't watch commercials.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:41 PM   #23
Jim Sachs
Developer

I sent her a private message (though I have no idea what the problem could be). We have a real communication gap in that the life-forms inhabiting the Forum (homo technogeekus) are unable to follow the stream-of-conciousness narrative common to other species.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Old 01-05-2007, 09:33 PM   #24
Jim Sachs
Developer

I had her download the latest version of the Aquarium and do a fresh install. This may have fixed the problem.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-05-2007, 09:39 PM   #25
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Great!
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:24 AM   #26
drfish
the Doc

I'd sooner read Ulysses than try to read some of the posts in this thread...
I don't watch commercials.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #27
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

You're not a Joyce man then? Or maybe that's exactly what you are?

Old 01-07-2007, 06:18 PM   #28
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I'd like to think all of us here can be less critical and more helpful in the future.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:47 PM   #29
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

I resent that, Michael. Please point out where I (who have done the majority of answering in this thread) should've been less critical and more helpful. Which post?

/Tiny Played Nice

Old 01-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #30
Jim Sachs
Developer

Not you, Tiny. You're a "saint" in post 22.

This may not have been a problem that Forum members could have fixed. She started with a CD version (apparently an older one). She described it as the OS9/OSX version, but she had a Windows machine. This created confusion and frustration on the part of those trying to help. Turns out she didn't know that this was Mac terminology, or that there even was a Mac version. Here's what made this even more confusing for me: We produce a Mac-only version for the Apple stores, and that is our "OS9/OSX" version. That CD contains only the Mac version. The normal CD contains both versions.

So, did she have the Mac-only version or had she somehow managed to partially install the Mac version contained on the normal CD? I have seen things like this happen in the early days.

Rather than go totally insane trying to figure out the scenario, I just cut through all the red tape, had her download the latest Windows version, and gave her a Key Code for it. This is not something that the typical Forum member could have done, only myself or a Prolific employee (who were on holiday). I should have jumped in earlier.
Jim Sachs
Old 01-07-2007, 07:38 PM   #31
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Old 01-07-2007, 07:49 PM   #32
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Tiny, you seem to be missing the point here. The bottom line is not who answers or how many answers they give, there are others here besides you who are helpful as well. The point is that someone who needs help with Jim's SS gets it, without feeling the way this person obviously did. No matter if it is a misunderstanding or not, something obviously went wrong here. It shouldn't come to the point where Jim needs to try and help someone through a PM. I generally think you are trying to be helpful, but in going back and looking through the posts the only person that said they were sorry was the new member. You worked on "explaining" your post, but not once did the word "sorry" or an appology enter into it. Would that really be so difficult to do to help someone and keep a new member? I just want new people to feel comfortable and welcome to stay, for whatever the reason this one was a failure, and I just want us all to learn from it and not let it happen again in the future.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:05 PM   #33
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Check your PMs

Old 01-07-2007, 11:43 PM   #34
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Another one for the bin.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
Closed Thread
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive