Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
Jeremy
Registered

Ugly antlers in the middle of beautiful coral

Question: Will there be any control over the coral background in the final version in addition to more control over the lighting besides F1-4?
Although the rest of the tank to me looks beautiful, my personal preference would be to get rid of the beige/brown coral in the middle of the tank that resembles ugly antlers dominating over beautiful coral.
Jeremy
Old 02-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Nope.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Old 02-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
Nicki
Sugar Plum Fairy

I like the antlers . They are very deer to me . Sorry . But I do like them .
Run you clever boy. And remember...
Old 02-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

Like virtually everything in the tank, it's vital to the overall design. It provides height and an overhang, a place for future invertebrates to crawl, and will eventually cast a shadow on fish that pass underneath.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #5
grape_jellyfish
Registered

Please keep the antlers, virtual species need a home too.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....It's learning to Dance in the Rain.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:05 PM   #6
Jeremy
Registered

Originally posted by Butters:
I like the antlers . They are very deer to me . Sorry . But I do like them .  
I must admit I also like antlers very very much. That is, on the heads of deer, in the forest, but not growing out of the head of a rock in my aquarium!
Personally I see it as a step backwards from the perfectly balanced design of shapes and colors of the previous version.
Jeremy
Old 02-09-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
feldon34
Forum Administrator

It's not like Jim invented Elkhorn Coral.

http://patricklynch.net/florida-keys...ing-lynch.html
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
Old 02-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #8
cjmaddy
Registered

Keep the Elkhorn.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #9
Jim Sachs
Developer

No way would I ever give up the Elkhorn. It's one of my favorite parts of the tank, and the only thing that really spreads out to give it a reef-like quality.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #10
Ralph
Retired

1 Highscore

Originally posted by Jeremy:
I must admit I also like antlers very very much. That is, on the heads of deer, in the forest, but not growing out of the head of a rock in my aquarium!
Personally I see it as a step backwards from the perfectly balanced design of shapes and colors of the previous version.  
On the head of a deer these would look very silly... The "aquarium" is trying to mimic as much as possible what the real thing looks like... Go diving and you will see "antlers" that look very much like those in the SS..
Old 02-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #11
snorkler
Registered

I could live without some of the more "colorful" items in the tank - the elkhorn is beautiful! should be more!
All we need is animation for the live corals, anemone, clams etc. Can hardly wait!

Michael
Old 02-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #12
Jim Sachs
Developer

Me, too - I wish someone would hurry up with all that!
Jim Sachs
Old 02-09-2009, 11:17 PM   #13
Jeremy
Registered

Originally posted by Ralph:
On the head of a deer these would look very silly... The "aquarium" is trying to mimic as much as possible what the real thing looks like... Go diving and you will see "antlers" that look very much like those in the SS..  
I'm glad you like the tank and it gives you pleasure as is. It's just my personal opinion that it's not as attractive as the previous version. However, regarding diving and realism, then I suggest you take a look at AquaReal, in which nothing looks artificially arranged. Below is just one of six choices of available realistic looking backgrounds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aquareal.jpg (258.6 KB, 70 views)
Jeremy
Old 02-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #14
Jim Sachs
Developer

I suggest you go with that one.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-09-2009, 11:52 PM   #15
grape_jellyfish
Registered

The coral looks nice Jeremy but there is something that just doesn't look right, to me it looks like there is a blue wall, making it seem like someone put coral on the outside of their tank as well as on the inside. Maybe it's just me but that's how I perceive it.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....It's learning to Dance in the Rain.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #16
Jeremy
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
I suggest you go with that one.  
For me it's not a question of one or the other. I've had that version of AquaReal pictured above since it was released, as I love its realistic looking ocean backgrounds. As an aquarium tank however, yours is brilliant and it's always been my favorite. There's just something about the elkhorn in this new version that evokes strong feelings of dislike, so I will continue enjoying your previous version until you may hopefully add an additional background to choose from.
Jeremy
Old 02-10-2009, 12:29 AM   #17
Jim Sachs
Developer

Once I went to Paris, where I pointed out to the citizens what a lovely city it would be if not for that ugly metal tower. I showed them a picture of San Bernardino, California, which has no tower, but they still seemed unreceptive to the idea of tearing it down. They suggested that I go live in San Bernardino.

The majestic Elkhorn will always stand tall.
Jim Sachs
Old 02-10-2009, 01:54 AM   #18
Rob62
Registered

3 Highscores

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Once I went to Paris, where I pointed out to the citizens what a lovely city it would be if not for that ugly metal tower. I showed them a picture of San Bernardino, California, which has no tower, but they still seemed unreceptive to the idea of tearing it down. They suggested that I go live in San Bernardino.

The majestic Elkhorn will always stand tall.  
Jim - That is just beautiful and an excellent analogy!! For those of us who have had the honor of seeing the maturation of this artwork develop - that chunk of majestic Elkhorn has found a home in MA3, long may it stay... ~ God Bless All ~
Old 02-10-2009, 02:02 AM   #19
Overlord
Registered

You can't satisfy all of the people all of the time. I checked out the Dream Aquarium. I'm sorry but I don't like it. Will they change all the things I don't like to get me to buy it? Yeah right, hold your breath! This is Jim's baby and he still tries to bend over backwards for all of his fans. Please don't push him over the edge. He knows what he's doing and what he wants.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:40 AM   #20
grape_jellyfish
Registered

Listen, you don't tug on Superman's cape, something about not spitting in the wind, you leave the mask on the lone ranger, and above all, you DON"T mess around with Jim.

No, no, no, no.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows