Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 02-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
jbits
Registered

Big Grin Just Bought Marine Aquarium

And I have to say that it was completely worth it. I've seen this screen saver around for years and have always wanted to get it. I just upgraded my PC to Windows 7 and it not only works like a charm, but it's the most beautiful screen saver I have ever seen. I had a Toshiba laptop years ago that came pre-loaded with an older version of the aquarium, but I have to say that MA3 is completely awesome.

At first I wasn't sure if I liked the crystal in the tank background, but once I noticed the settings that allowed you to change what was on it, or disable it completely, I was cool with it. Having this screen saver actually now makes me want to go out and get another monitor and video card so I can have it span dual screens!

I've read a bunch of threads here about various feature requests and other wish list items, but so far the only thing I'd like to see are fish shadows! The water surface seems to cast shadows but the fish themselves don't cast shadows on the floor, tank items, or each other. I think that would add some extra realism. I don't know if that's been mentioned before but if it has I apologize.

Anyway, I love MA3. Just wanted to say that.
jbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:53 AM   #2
Jim Sachs
Developer

Welcome to the Forum, jbits. Thanks for the comments. Though I would like to find a way of putting in fish shadows, they are not a big priority. If you look at a real marine aquarium, the light is so diffuse that the fish have to be nearly touching the floor in order to cast any noticeable shadow. The starfish, being right on the floor, does have a shadow. In that case, the shadow is actually part of the object, and that technique is difficult to use for the fish, since they may be separated from it completely.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #3
grape_jellyfish
Registered

I bought mine years ago, but I have a new laptop and can't find my key code anywhere.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....It's learning to Dance in the Rain.
grape_jellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:28 PM   #4
cjmaddy
Registered

Sandy, - Try the Keycode Retrieval here.... http://www.serenescreen.com/support/...d=64#faq4_1720
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #5
grape_jellyfish
Registered

Thanks, not sure if the same email is right but I tried it and am now waiting for an email back.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....It's learning to Dance in the Rain.
grape_jellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
jbits
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Welcome to the Forum, jbits. Thanks for the comments. Though I would like to find a way of putting in fish shadows, they are not a big priority. If you look at a real marine aquarium, the light is so diffuse that the fish have to be nearly touching the floor in order to cast any noticeable shadow. The starfish, being right on the floor, does have a shadow. In that case, the shadow is actually part of the object, and that technique is difficult to use for the fish, since they may be separated from it completely.  
Again Jim, just wanted to thank you for all the hard work you've done on this. Still amazes me every time the screen saver kicks in. And on top of it, our cat seems to have taken a liking to MA3. She sat in front of the monitor the other night for half an hour (I kid you not) watching and trying to touch the fish.

Are there any plans to be able to change the background of the tank?
jbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #7
Jim Sachs
Developer

The background colors, yes. The background objects, no.
Jim Sachs
Old 05-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #8
mfuegemann
Registered

Hello,

I just bought MA3 too - after inspecting the demos of MA1 and MA2 over the last years, MA3 was so stunning, I had to buy it instantly.
Thank You for the great work!

Regards
Michael
mfuegemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:34 AM   #9
Jim Sachs
Developer

Thanks, Michael. Welcome to the Forum.
Jim Sachs
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows