Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows
Notices

Old 03-20-2004, 04:56 AM   #61
Wizwad
Only me...

Originally posted by Reichart
I find those that play with me often get broken. Had that problem as a kid too.
D'you think that's why he tried to play with that horse a month or so back?

I think that may have backfired, Reichart!
Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 05:25 AM   #62
cjmaddy
Registered

cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 03:46 AM   #63
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers!

Someone was going to say it eventually.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 05:35 AM   #64
Marian Nichols
~Author~

Eric, when you say a Zen setting, I assume that would be an oriental setting, could you elaborate with a more detail description. I have a picture in my mind and I think I like it. It would be so different, and since Japan and China bred most of the different varieties of goldfish, it would be a fitting environment. River rocks would be much, much larger than gravel and thus offer a different texture than you normally see. Plants definitely would be different, as well as any ornaments or decor.

I just look up what exactly ‘Zen’ means and it is associated with Buddhism, or Buddha. What are your thoughts on that theme?
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 01:09 AM   #65
edaniels
Goldfish Aquarium Developer

Well, yes, the word "zen" means many things, some of them religious. But I'm using it as a kind of shorthand for a certain experience of tranquility and simplicity.

Yes, I was picturing that the black river rock would be much larger than gravel. Ornamentation would be kept to a minimum. Plants? Not sure yet. I'll have to make one without first, and see if I feel it needs some.
----------------------------------
E R I C D A N I E L S, a n i m a t o r
Goldfish Aquarium Screensaver
edaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:55 AM   #66
Marian Nichols
~Author~

Cool!

Please continue with your inspiration and I love surprises. There’s always been one feature I have always enjoyed about aquariums in general, be it marine, freshwater or goldfish, I like seeing the fish swimming through an arch of sorts from back to front and vice versa. My goldfish in the 30 gal cube pictured above goes inside the clay pots, swim around and leave by a different exit. My black-moor sleeps in there!
Marian Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:45 PM   #67
orca
Registered

Daniel,

Your goldfish are FANTASTIC !!!
I love 'em...........I really do.

l
orca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 10:15 AM   #68
edaniels
Goldfish Aquarium Developer

Marian, there's nothing in our program that would prevent a fish from swimming through an arch... I just didn't put any arches in. I haven't found the right one yet.

I did see, in a pet store, an arch made from three pieces of petrified wood... so maybe I'll try that kind of a setup.

Orca: Thanks!! I'm glad you're enjoying them! Feel free to suggest improvements also... (Or just stick with the praise; I won't mind!)
E R I C D A N I E L S, a n i m a t o r
Goldfish Aquarium Screensaver
edaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 07:08 PM   #69
orca
Registered

Exclamation Suggestions

Mr. Daniels,

Funny You should mention suggestions........ I would like to see a red-cap which can be any breed,so long as it's white with a circumscribed red spot on top of it's head. ( i.e. common goldfish) And then,of course there's my favorite the oranda. I realize some people don't like them for a variety of bizzar and unimportant reasons,but,I think they're great.

Orca
orca is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > Prolific/LifeGlobe Products > Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows