Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X
Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
jfraser1
Registered

Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac is always on night time mode!

It seems like ever since I upgraded from Marine Aquarium 2 to Marine Aquarium 3, after purchasing Snow Leopard, the screen saver and the application always appear dark, like some sort of a night setting, so I can barely even see the fish and the aquarium looks like no lights are on. How do I fix this?
jfraser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:16 AM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

It sounds like the Aquarium is unregistered and/or doesn't recognize your serial number.

I've never understood why Prolific thought that turning the screen black (and not displaying any kind of helpful text) would make customers realize that the product needs a serial number to be entered. I would be much more likely to think that the product is broken or not compatible with my computer and just uninstall it.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:56 AM   #3
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Or, somehow you've got the automatic lights set to not automatically rotate. We need a Mac guy to help you.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
AKcrab
Registered

The "unregistered" version certainly doesn't default to all black...

I'll do some poking.. My guess is that deleting a plist or two should fix it all up.
AKcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

AKcrab has it right. Delete the preferences file. The lighting adjustments via the keyboard didn't get removed from MA 3 as they should have been, and those adjustments get saved and reused.

Try changing the name of this file (add a character to the tail end) so it isn't found: ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.Prolific.SereneScreen.MarineAquarium3.<random goes here>.plist
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:46 AM   #6
jfraser1
Registered

Smile

Originally posted by JimO'Connor:
AKcrab has it right. Delete the preferences file. The lighting adjustments via the keyboard didn't get removed from MA 3 as they should have been, and those adjustments get saved and reused.

Try changing the name of this file (add a character to the tail end) so it isn't found: ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.Prolific.SereneScreen.MarineAquarium3.<random goes here>.plist  
Great! Thanks! That fixed my problem!
jfraser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X