Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X
Notices

Old 07-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
bovardc
Registered

Horizontal dancing line on v 3.2

My Setup:

- MA upgrade from 2.6 (everything fine there)
- MacMini OSX 10.6.8
- 1080p resolution on display

In full screen view, there is a constant horizontal line moving from the bottom of the screen to the top. It's not a solid line and it shimmers as it moves up my screen.

This doesn't happen in ScreenSaver mode.
bovardc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
Michael Babin
Mac Development

Couple of questions

Thanks for reporting the problem you're seeing and the details on your system. I have a couple of questions:

- What are you using for a display on the mini? From the description of "1080p resolution", is it a television? Is it the only display connected to this system? The main display?
- Is the limit frame rate option turned on? If so, what is it set to? What sort of frames/second performance are you seeing (the "S" key toggles display of FPS info).
- Do you have auto-panning enabled? If so, what speed?
- Do you always see the shimmering line? Or just in certain circumstances, such as using the left/right arrow keys to manually pan?
Michael Babin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
bovardc
Registered

Hi Michael,

I'll answer your questions:

- my display is a Samsung display (yes television) running at 1080p. It's the only display attached to the Mac Mini

- I played around with the frame rate option. If I lock it, the horizontal line moves much faster up the screen. As I adjust the frame rate setting it changes the speed in which the line moves but no setting ever makes it go away.

- I'm seeing frame rates dance around 60fps. Most of the time it's around ~59fps

- I've tried both auto panning on and off and neither make any difference

- the line is always there with the exception of when the program runs as a screen saver. Then it's fine. This problem shows itself when I run the app in full screen mode.
bovardc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

BovardC,

I'm sorry but I don't think this is going to be something we'll be able to fix.
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X