Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 01:56 PM   #1
maxieellis
Registered

hello ......and my fish wont work.....help!

Hi everyone...maxie will do by the way.......heres the trouble. Old mother here got Marine Aquarium 2.0 os9/osx for Christmas. Ok.....its installed. I did sooooooo read the "read me" file.....and still I have trouble. I have windows 98 se (is that the trouble sys req.....says 98...not se) I have a GForce 6200LE vid card......and a p4 1600 hz computer. Here is the problem: Regardless of the setting.......16bit or 32 I still get the same look. The fish I can see........but really the only colors are black and white......(highlighs) the ocean floor.....is same but also a very very light pink and in a couple of areas....and very light....peachie color. I use the arrow keys to adjust light......its either brighter or right down to silloette?????!!!! I can not get it to display........like the pictures in here.........what up????????????? Anyone...?!!!!!!!!

My daughter loves totally loves fish..........I am not giving up hope yet.....but this was to be something.....the poor kid asked for and FINALLY got (mommy too) but both computers have the same issues.........????????

Thanks in advance.....I really need some help....I am sure its something soooooooo simple....just havent discoved what it is yet.

Old Maxie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2006, 02:07 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

How did you get Marine Aquarium 2.0 OS9/OSX installed on a Windows 98 SE machine?
Old 12-27-2006, 02:41 PM   #3
maxieellis
Registered

Well.....shucks.......Hheheheheh lolol.......I put the cd in followed the program instructions and ta da!!!!!!!!! What?????! (i am giggeling just so ya know)........dang.......I dont know....it just programed........dont know what else to tell you...hehehehhehe........what do I do now.......let me guess.....get another Aquatic Screen Saver program?????? I am guessing it wasnt suppose to work at all......hehehhelololol!!!! !!!!?!
Old 12-27-2006, 02:52 PM   #4
maxieellis
Registered

hummmmmmm....just in case i did something wrong to post my reply...trying again....(forgive if is duplicate).

I put the cd in the drawer........click....click...click.....and ta da!! heheheh I am giggling...(again) I dont know what else to tell you.....its there.........just no colors. Dang!!!!! I dont know.....let me guess two things......nope its not suppose to........and well...now.....mommy needs a new Aquatic Screen Saver program..........lololol.......???????? or can we fix this.....somehow.....must be possible....just got to screw on the thinking cap........real tight....lolol....me too! oh yes....! !!!! I like these little guys hehehheahhaha!
Old 12-27-2006, 03:02 PM   #5
feldon34
Forum Administrator

If the background is displaying in white, try pressing Ctrl-T while the Aquarium is running. You may have to press the keys simultaneously.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
Old 12-27-2006, 03:13 PM   #6
maxieellis
Registered

ok........tried that.........nope. Didnt work.....now what

(Hey is that your garden..........garden tent. got to remember that one!!!! excellent. I have been landscaping this property for four years.......now its ready for the big fall....stream and pond. the first one i did was small...but ever so beautiful.......and did i work.......those rocks are huge some were near 100 lbs....and yes.....I moved those puppies by myself by hand.......into position that is. over and over till i got what i wanted. This new one will be a lot of work.....but easier because its be done now once before. This will just be a greater scale of a project. We have fish in the other and this is the fifth year for them coming up. I just have to play snake chaser once in a while......darn things like me fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Sorry off topic.....but what else can we do?
Old 12-27-2006, 03:17 PM   #7
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Maxie,
Is this the only 3D program you're having issues with? Perhaps your daughter has a (3D) game which works (or doesn't)?

Try this:
- Click on the "Start" button and choose "Run...".
- Type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) in the box that pops up and press Enter.
- Choose the "Monitor" tab and verify that both "DirectDraw acceleration" and "Direct3D acceleration" is activated.
- Click on the "Test DirectDraw" button and see if it checks out.
- Do the same with the "Test Direct3D" button.
- Under "Drivers" (still on the "Monitor" tab) check what version of the drivers you're using.
- Report back here and we'll sort things out and/or come up with new suggestions of things to do.

Prolific,
Any ideas on what's been installed. Is the MA2.0 CD a hybrid disc or something?

/Tiny List
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
'Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:47 PM   #8
maxieellis
Registered

nope.....no other troubles with anything that i know of....programs that is. This is happening on both our computers.

Also...nope this is a store purchased program. I can give you the serial number off the box (we kept it) if its required. But no..definatly no hybird thingee here.

So.....ok.....gonna try what you have suggested and get back to you....thanks so much in advance for all your suggestions. I'll be back>>>>>>>>
Old 12-27-2006, 04:00 PM   #9
maxieellis
Registered

Alrighie......done.....everyting checks out....enabled.....tested and no problems found.

Drivers........for GF6200 Le nvdisp driver
Ver 4.14

This is very new for us yet........in the last say....four months. Both computers have the same vid. card......and the latest driver (four months ago) for it.

Now what???????? shucks.....what a pain....... but I refuse to give up...far to silly for that i am. Unless......it just will not work thats it, there isnt an answer ............sometimes there is not. Usually i manage to fix most anything......I have built 3 computers in the house.......so.....sometimes you win.......sometimes not. Lets carry on and see if we can win this.....?!
Old 12-27-2006, 04:24 PM   #10
cjmaddy
Registered

Are you sure the driver is Ver 4.14?
The oldest GeForce drivers I can find on my hard disc are 44.03 dated May 2003!!!

Try this site. and download 81.98 - Those are the latest listed for Windows98.

EDIT: - On checking through the Products Supported on the nVidia site, 6200LE is not listed as supported by those drivers for Win98. In fact I can only find 6200LE supported by drivers for Win2000 and XP.

Tiny T, will probably know more about this!
Old 12-27-2006, 05:40 PM   #11
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Maxie,
With "hybrid" I meant a special sort of CD-ROM disc which works on both Macs and PCs. There is no way at all the Mac version could be installed on a PC as one system won't run programs made for the other platform.

Sorry, but I don't know much more about those driver issues. Maybe later tonight...

Cliff is however correct about nVidia's (current) drivers for 98/98SE/Me not supporting GF6200LE. Did you get the currently installed drivers from the CD that came with the card(s). I'm guessing you bought new video cards for two older PCs, right? Could you tell me anything more about the video cards? Manufacturer, model #?

Please DON'T post your serial here or anywhere else. In email communication with people from Prolific/SereneScreen it MIGHT be neccessary, but not out here in the open.

Next test would be to (for now) uninstall MA2.0 on one of the machines and then download and install MA2.6 from here and see if that one works.

Cliff,
The 4.14 isn't in the same numerical series as your 81.98.
Thanks to Morgan, Tiny Snapshots is up and running again with "Tiny Järvafält" as the latest addition – Go have a look and tell me what you think.

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.
I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says,
" /Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first thermonuclear detonation in history.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:33 PM   #12
maxieellis
Registered

oh my gosh.......i imagine you feel abbandon by me........NOT the case. You gotta follow this thread. what a mess.

So you wondered if i had the right drivers for my vid card? hummmm i think, yup.....but lets check. So i go into the bit to update the drivers....hum how could it hurt......ooooooooh big mistake. should never have done that. I lost all my color.....this huge screen which would be great if i had eye troubles.......but no. so i think no biggie....i'll just install the drivers provided for me from my handy computer fella. ssssssure. nothing. i call him. now since i was ...yes, WAS,...using win98se...he couldnt recall what i needed to do exactly.....because ages ago we forced them whatever that ment. so.........pack it up and go to the shop.

Nice and tidy all done in a blink of an eye........home now. plug everything back in and yyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaah.....snap crackle pop pop snap and friggin........smoke. uh huh. yup......something shorted out. I knew instantly BIG trouble and was correct. Now wait......freeking out, call my computer guy and he is wondering WHAT the hay is going on also. Pack it up again. back to the shop.

Get it there and he takes the old (well now it is) power supply out and tries a brand new one.......hummmm power up......but nothing on the screen. oooops, forgot to plug into the processer. ok.......now.......nothing, no power up...diddlie fiddlie. Yup, blew out the whole mother board. uh hum. soooooooo what to do. Not much choice........new mother board.......new power supply and my FISH still dont want to swim. hoooboooohoooobooo snivel!

so what the deal now. I see them nice.........this time however.....but, they just lock up or......i get a mesage that says something about the 3d business. I can and will get that exact message for you .......but in the mean time........any thoughts.

oh yeah seems on the drive home some conection somewhere rattled around and poofffff up in smoke. I am now running windows xp home.

me oh me oh Maxie
Old 01-04-2007, 07:19 PM   #13
maxieellis
Registered

ok here is the message i get IF i just click the icon on the dt....or if it begings to run is ss mode....then stops.......

WARNING COULD NOT CREATE THE DIRECT 3D DEVICE OBJECT THE 3D HARDWEAR MAY NOT SUPPORT RENDERING IN THE CURRENT DISPLAY MODE.

SWITHCHING TO SOFTWEAR RASTERIZER.

SO NOW WHAT?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:24 PM   #14
maxieellis
Registered

PS OFF TOPIC......SWEDEN- STOCKHOLM BEEN THERE....LANCASHIER BEEN THERE.......HOUSTON, NOPE. sWEDEN IS VERY MUCH LIKE CANADA...THE LANDSCAPE I REFER TO. EXCEPT THERE IS NO FLAVER TO PITTIE PANNA (SP)..........AND ITS NOT SPAGHETTI. LOL
Old 01-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #15
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Pytt-i-panna [Pytt-in-pan]

Old 01-04-2007, 08:31 PM   #16
maxieellis
Registered

pytt in pan alright, what about flavor????????? sauce??? hummm and you guys eat a LOT of ice cream there....i figure its because it comes in FLAVOURS hehehhehahah lol. Everywhere i went......people were eating ice cream ?! what the dickens? humm then the light bulb went on........no wonder!!!! LOL

now what about my poor fish. i am all spanky up to date with a new computer.....whats up with these little guys.

Maxie ps.......i like fish.....really do......have real ones in my pond....but whats with these ones i dont have to FEED?!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:15 PM   #17
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Y'know, you really should try and use normal punctuation. It's so much easier to comprehend (and people will be more prone to chip in and help you out).

Check out the upper right corner of each post. Note the little number there? These are different for every post. I made some suggestions for what to do in post #11 - Try that and report back after.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:09 AM   #18
cjmaddy
Registered

LANCASHIER ?
Old 01-05-2007, 06:10 PM   #19
maxieellis
Registered

sorry my puncuation is offensive. I type the way i talk. I take a moment to think of what i will say next.

I can imagine a thousand ways to say the same thing you just did. Not one would have been like that. Neither would I have told someone to "report back."

I am in the wrong place. Or, perhaps you are being missed at the millatary site. Trust you did not find this offensive. I would imagine not. It is reflective.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:11 PM   #20
maxieellis
Registered

Please remove my membership.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive