Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Today's Posts Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive
Notices

Old 11-13-2002, 11:15 PM   #21
patscarr
Pet Shark

1 Highscore

Thanks to Swede for that awesome picture and thank you Jim, for that nice little bone. Now we all have an idea of what's in Jim's head. I just hope it helps him put it down onto the computer.
Patrick
patscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 12:33 AM   #22
Jim Sachs
Developer

The freshwater tank is already open to outside development -- everyone on the planet is totally free to create one. Judging by the thread in the Coffee House, Flipper is well on his way to creating his own.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 01:55 AM   #23
feldon34
Forum Administrator

That is the quandry.

I'd like to see the Aquarium progress and the Freshwater get rolling. But Jim, your aquariums and fish animation are the only game in town. I'd rather starve in the desert than go contribute to a mirage.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 11:15 AM   #24
flipper
Registered

i totally agree Morgan. Jim's fish are the best and will always be as far as i'm concerned. my project is just for fun.
flipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 11:57 AM   #25
Bob
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs
Bob - the freshwater tank will initally have a 2D background. The saltwater program will still be first to go 3D.
Oh, OK. I thought that a big part of your current block was the plant movements and related background issues.

We all await inspiration to hit you again. ;-)

Bob Frank
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 12:22 PM   #26
lasermail
Registered

Exclamation

Hope the freshwater set up can include the Siamese Fighting fish and Neon Tetra. Those two alone would make it a winner. Neons need to be in a shoal to be effective....and male Siamese Fighters (ONLY EVER ONE MALE IN THE TANK AT A TIME) build bubble nests on the surface if there's a female in the tank....would be an interesting feature? Jim I know your not as interested in freshwater - but They are capable of out doing salty anyday! Just got to get the right effect. The amazon type background is best with slighty brown water (acidic) and darker effect - salty set ups are brighter! freshwater fish with bright colours - neons etc live in acidic peaty water. Good Luck I'm sure you will produce an outstanding product ...again! Shame it has to distract from further development of the product we own - but sounds like your commited.
lasermail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 02:10 PM   #27
feldon34
Forum Administrator

lasermail,

Make sure your voice is heard over in the Freshwater Aquarium forum. There's a whole "Wishlist" topic you can post to. I know he'll be putting oodles of Neon Tetras but not sure about the Fighting Fish.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 06:23 PM   #28
Jim Sachs
Developer

I've never seen Siamese Fighting Fish mixed in with tropicals.
Jim Sachs
Old 11-14-2002, 08:01 PM   #29
ESHIREY
Smilie Dragon

A long time ago when I had my first freshwater tank I had what I call the beginner fish ( tetra's , hatchetfish , pearl danio . zebra's ,barb's .loach's .Molly's . Swordtails , Angelfish an so on ) an I had A siamese fighter in the tanks . As long as the other fish weren't to big he was ok . But if the fish got to big then he would get sucked up like spaghetti . But not everyone would put him in a tank . I did it because I just couldn't stand seeing him in those little bowls . And he was happy in that big tank (55 gal) . Put a mirror in front of the glass where he was an he would fan his fins big time . Looked great .

Oh by the way , When I was around 12 I did put 2 males in the same tank to see if they would fight to the death , an I'm sorry to say they do . I felt real bad doing that an would never do that again . I was 12 then an now 47 an a lot wiser . At least I would like to think so .

But anyway , Mr. Sachs you do a great job with everything you do an Like everyone else here I know I will love what ever you put in your tank .

When it comes to your work , I think you are a God .
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
ESHIREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 01:03 AM   #30
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

This has got to be the best place on the net . Everyone is so nice an helps everyone . A great program an a great site . Thanks for taking the time to read this .
It's nice to hear that people still feel that way about the forum and I'm sure that Morgan, Michael, and Jim appreciate that. Regardless of how stale things have become while waiting for an update and how restless we all feel, this is still one of the nicest places to visit on the net.
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 07:33 AM   #32
CephaloP
lurking in the shadows...

Originally posted by Jim Sachs
I've never seen Siamese Fighting Fish mixed in with tropicals.
The pet store I worked at used to do this. Of course they did a lot of things that were pretty stupid, but this usually worked out fine. Almost all non-large-and-aggressive tropicals got along with the bettas; a few did like to nip their long flowing fins, but the same goes for angels. Some bettas would do the intimidation display they do to other males, puffing out the gill covers and charging at them. Especially if there were few other fish in the tank and they thought they could dominate the place. I never saw a betta actually attack a non-betta though.
CephaloP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 10:57 AM   #33
Jim Sachs
Developer

David - Thanks, those are some excellent links.
Jim Sachs
Old 11-19-2002, 04:25 PM   #34
lasermail
Registered

Jim, in response - Siamese Fighters mix fine with other tropicals - generally they just stay in the top third of the tank taking regular gulps of air. They are probably the most attractive cultivated freshwater tropical out there? (debate not intended!)Most tetras are fin nippers and not worth mixing with any other species! that includes the popular cardinal tetra - neons however are generally ok. To get back on subject ...how is progress?
lasermail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 01:01 PM   #35
IXNAY
Green Frog

Hey nice pics
IXNAY

*dreaming of the serene terrarium*

- My Private Homepage -
IXNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows > Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive